Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 03:53 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,934,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Referring to this?

This concept of being able to "indoctrinate" someone into a sexuality is where you gave that opinion. If you believe that is possible, there must be something inside you that is waiting for some trigger. When you say something like that are you not saying that if you had been exposed to homosexuals when you were a kid, you yourself would be homosexual?

And btw, there are numerous gay/bi men who are/were married to women with children. Often times they are the ones most vocal about condemning homosexuals. Seems we can't go a month without some prominent preacher, conversion therapist, politician, etc coming out after being caught in a homosexual situation.
Do you understand programming? It's when drip drip drip it's put in front of children over and over and over, and as they age they think, hey maybe thats me! Because they have been told over and over and over again how fantastically wonderful it all is. And because he asked that 1 girl out and she said no. Hmm... maybe I'm gay.

LGBT rates will be rising in the future. By suggestion. Promote and reward the behavior ... and everyone will be doing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2019, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Referring to this?
This concept of being able to "indoctrinate" someone into a sexuality is where you gave that opinion. If you believe that is possible, there must be something inside you that is waiting for some trigger. When you say something like that are you not saying that if you had been exposed to homosexuals when you were a kid, you yourself would be homosexual?

And btw, there are numerous gay/bi men who are/were married to women with children. Often times they are the ones most vocal about condemning homosexuals. Seems we can't go a month without some prominent preacher, conversion therapist, politician, etc coming out after being caught in a homosexual situation.
Don't resort to Bible thumping and well you must be a closet gay. Neither is an argument and in fact shows you have no argument when you resort to using them.

Old 09-16-2019, 04:35 PM

17,295 posts, read 12,225,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Do you understand programming? It's when drip drip drip it's put in front of children over and over and over, and as they age they think, hey maybe thats me! Because they have been told over and over and over again how fantastically wonderful it all is. And because he asked that 1 girl out and she said no. Hmm... maybe I'm gay.

LGBT rates will be rising in the future. By suggestion. Promote and reward the behavior ... and everyone will be doing it.
Maybe that is indeed who they are then. I have no doubt that the rate of people that openly identify as lgbt will increase. That doesn't mean the rate of their existence is changing, just that the rate of those shamed into living in the closet is reducing.

You can't be programmed to be gay anymore than a gay person can be converted to be straight.

Last edited by notnamed; 09-16-2019 at 05:02 PM..

Old 09-16-2019, 04:36 PM

17,295 posts, read 12,225,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Don't resort to Bible thumping and well you must be a closet gay. Neither is an argument and in fact shows you have no argument when you resort to using them.
That's not actually what I'm calling out. What I'm calling out is this idea that you can be talked into being gay. If you believe that, you are saying the only reason you are not gay is because you haven't been talked to enough about it, right? Implies that everyone is a latent homosexual just waiting for the right trigger.

Old 09-16-2019, 04:43 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,347,250 times
Quote:
That's not actually what I'm calling out. What I'm calling out is this idea that you can be talked into being gay. If you believe that, you are saying the only reason you are not gay is because you haven't been talked to enough about it, right? Implies that everyone is a latent homosexual just waiting for the right trigger.
The late Harvey Milk used to play on that myth by introducing himself, "I'm Harvey Milk, and I'm here to convert you."

Seriously, like you said, the 'phobes here are just mouthing nonsense, fear and hysteria.

Old 09-16-2019, 05:35 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,334,174 times
This only affects gay, closeted conservatives who want to pretend to be straight and trap a straight woman in a loveless, passionless marriage.

Let the rest of us be who we are. I have never worried about being converted to gay. If you have, guess what? You are gay.

Old 09-16-2019, 05:38 PM

5,944 posts, read 2,869,362 times
Quote:
Good grief. Again, they are not there to talk about sex. Repeatedly I've said if they were that would be wrong.

If they are there to talk about combating bullying LGBT kids(one of the given topics), what problem do you have with that?
Gee nobody is brought in from the local collages to counter "bullying "of short kids or kids wearing glasses or kids who walk with a limp or kids who ride the short bus .

Old 09-16-2019, 05:45 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,397,206 times
For fat-shaming, Al Bundy could be the spokesman!

Old 09-16-2019, 05:47 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,874,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
Gee nobody is brought in from the local collages to counter "bullying "of short kids or kids wearing glasses or kids who walk with a limp or kids who ride the short bus .
How strange, but you are correct. I wonder what merits are lacking in doing so?

I would have no issue with trained professionals, who have the permission of the parents, talking to thee children, but college students, hunting credits? No way.

Old 09-16-2019, 06:21 PM

Quote:
I have met lesbians that have told me, yes, flat out that the CHOSE to be gay. Because of bad experiences with men.

So yes, some people absolutely 100% can be 'triggered' YOUR word, into being gay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies