Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2019, 08:14 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times

Advertisements

As usual, most of you wailing "think of the children!!" and gnashing your teeth have not read the article. Instead, you're going by the OP's misinterpretations and hyperbole. Why am I not surprised?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Allyship means you are an advocate. It's a recruitment tactic.
That's not what it means. What are you afraid of?
Quote:
Then why are they talking to kids? Why are they so insistent on gaining access to children through public schools and libraries?
Read the article. No one is "talking to kids".

Quote:
Ever talk to any lesbians?
Yes, but I doubt you have.

Quote:
You'd be OK with a 20 year old male talking to 12 year old girls in a public school class about how to have sex?
Where did you get that? Please point out to me the part of the article that describes such a scenario.

Quote:
Do you understand programming?
Do you understand what the class described in the article is about?

Quote:
LGBT rates will be rising in the future. By suggestion. Promote and reward the behavior ... and everyone will be doing it.
Right. Because being discriminated against and denigrated by reactionary homophobes is such a reward ...

Quote:
The only controversy is when it gets shoved in everyone else's faces.
It wouldn't be a controversy if you'd actually read and understood the article in the OP's link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2019, 08:16 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,378,485 times
The continued push by the left to sexualize children is the most disturbing part.

Old 09-17-2019, 08:18 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post

What are you afraid of? .
What are you afraid of? Why is this an argument?

Are you afraid of broccoli? Are you afraid of trains? Are you afraid of CD? Are you afraid of thunder?

What is the point of this fear-based pandering as an argument to promote behavior?

There must be a huge group of people on CD who are 'afraid' of the Bible. Right? If 'being afraid' was a legitimate argument. Better hide all those books.

Hint: It's not.

Old 09-17-2019, 08:21 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Why is this an argument?
As usual, you didn't answer the question.

Have you read the OP's link yet?

Old 09-17-2019, 08:23 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times
Quote:
No one is afraid of gay people. No "phobes" here.

Not agreeing with something doesn't mean you are afraid of it.
Implementing laws to force gays back into the closet at gunpoint by an authoritarian state is more than simply "disagreeing with the lifestyle."

Judging by everything I've experienced most of my life, I think I can say that most Republicans probably get warm fuzzy feelings when gay teenagers commit suicide. The deep level of hatred towards the LGBT community from the Republican Party is beyond fathomable. It's mind-numbing how almost half the country has completely lost their mind in it's foaming at the mouth rage over gay marriage for instance.

Quote:
There must be a huge group of people on CD who are 'afraid' of the Bible. Right? If 'being afraid' was a legitimate argument. Better hide all those books.
Because you Republicans want to force me at the end of the barrel of a gun to obey your Bible and submit to it's authority as the word of God. I don't believe in it and the First Amendment, which you want to take away, gives me that right. Anybody who doesn't believe in a religion should be against a political party that wants to FORCE them to submit to that religion and obey it's leaders.

Old 09-17-2019, 08:34 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
If more people actually thought about their own sexuality and weren't shamed into hiding it I think we'd have less examples of people railing against homosexuality for large portions of their lives just to come out decades later. Thus less unhappiness, more mental well being, and less violence against people for their orientation.
IMO middle school is too early to discuss their sexuality in a school setting. And I think that children in general should not be encourage to speculate on their sexuality either. I'd want K-12 to focus more on the value of good platonic friendships and less on who they might eventually go to prom with.

I think that teens should know that once they hit adulthood, they can take the time to explore their sexual preferences. K-12 is not the place to worry about their sexuality and romantic partners. Instead, they should be thinking about what they'd like to do in adulthood for a career. I preferred the dating scene more after I left my parents' house and starting working full-time.

And I see too many unhappy and failed relationships, because those people only approached romance with how their genitalia tingled when they met their partners. And these people don't know how to be friends with the opposite sex either, so they are pretty much doomed to more failed relationships.

Otherwise, I find that many gays and lesbians have a real dislike for the opposite sex, and there is something wrong about that. And it makes me suspect that some of them are only gays and lesbians because of their dysfunction with the opposite sex.

Old 09-17-2019, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Implementing laws to force gays back into the closet at gunpoint by an authoritarian state is more than simply "disagreeing with the lifestyle."

Judging by everything I've experienced most of my life, I think I can say that most Republicans probably get warm fuzzy feelings when gay teenagers commit suicide. The deep level of hatred towards the LGBT community from the Republican Party is beyond fathomable. It's mind-numbing how almost half the country has completely lost their mind in it's foaming at the mouth rage over gay marriage for instance.

Because you Republicans want to force me at the end of the barrel of a gun to obey your Bible and submit to it's authority as the word of God. I don't believe in it and the First Amendment, which you want to take away, gives me that right. Anybody who doesn't believe in a religion should be against a political party that wants to FORCE them to submit to that religion and obey it's leaders.
I'm not a republican. I'm not religious either.

Do you have any other arguments to decide for me what my own thoughts should be?

Name the law that is on the books or is being discussed in committee to "force gays back into the closet at gunpoint."

What does that even mean?

What is it about when someone says I do not care AT ALL what YOU DO on YOUR own time ... I just don't want to hear about it... that you find so horrifyingly offense?

Do you want to go to a 3-day religious revival? No? Well that's OK. I don't want to hear about other stuff.

Why does that ANYONE a bad person? Why are you so hell bent on deciding for others what they MUST think?

Old 09-17-2019, 08:48 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
The continued push by the left to sexualize children is the most disturbing part.
Then why do you think the left supposedly wants to do that? What exactly does the left have to gain either personally or politically?

Old 09-17-2019, 08:49 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
What are you afraid of? Why is this an argument?

Are you afraid of broccoli? Are you afraid of trains? Are you afraid of CD? Are you afraid of thunder?

What is the point of this fear-based pandering as an argument to promote behavior?

Hint: It's not.
Do you ever answer questions posters ask of you?

Old 09-17-2019, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Do you ever answer questions posters ask of you?
Questions I feel like answering, yes. Others? Not so much./shrug/ I don't fall for being baited.

Are you trying to control what I do and do not do?
Why?
Why so insistent that I do as YOU want?
Do I not have free will?
The ability to think for myself?
Decide for myself?

Or should everyone be exactly alike in every way?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies