Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 11:13 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
When did I say that?
You said conservatives were behind the outcry over Michelle Obama's interference in school lunch guidelines.

The reality is that parents all over the country were behind that outcry because children of households whether conservative or liberal were dumping their lunches in the trash rather than eating them and in the process wasting a whole lot of taxpayer dollars.

Old 09-13-2019, 11:14 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
We may throw the word 'conspiracy' around on here, but this is a topic, where the term really does apply!

There is a direct effort to 'fatten us up' over the past 10-15 yrs.

I posted some information in regards to fountain cup sizes at gas stations/ convenience stores awhile back, well, just an update, coming soon at Shell and Circle K locations, 100 oz cups!! They will replace the 64oz as the largest fountain drink cup available!!

Strangely though, the price will be the same as a 64 oz, (most of the time, they run a promotion where all fountain drinks are the same price, no matter what size you choose), naturally many people are going to choose the largest size available, thinking they are getting something for free. LOL

Old 09-13-2019, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
We may throw the word 'conspiracy' around on here, but this is a topic, where the term really does apply!

There is a direct effort to 'fatten us up' over the past 10-15 yrs.

I posted some information in regards to fountain cup sizes at gas stations/ convenience stores awhile back, well, just an update, coming soon at Shell and Circle K locations, 100 oz cups!! They will replace the 64oz as the largest fountain drink cup available!!

Strangely though, the price will be the same as a 64 oz, (most of the time, they run a promotion where all fountain drinks are the same price, no matter what size you choose), naturally many people are going to choose the largest size available, thinking they are getting something for free. LOL
64 oz is the total daily fluid guideline if I recall lol

Anyone, who is stupid enough to buy 100 oz is on their own as far as I'm concerned.

Government needs to stay out of the business of the shallow end of the gene pool extincting their lines.

Old 09-13-2019, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
64 oz is the total daily fluid guideline if I recall lol

Anyone, who is stupid enough to buy 100 oz is on their own as far as I'm concerned.

Government needs to stay out of the business of the shallow end of the gene pool extincting their lines.
This is for a soda fountain though, diet coke and coke zero are the only relatively healthy choices (if you want to call them that), majority of the drink choices are loaded with sugar.

Just 10-15 yrs ago, the largest size available was a 32 oz cup...sizes do not just increase THAT much over such a short time, there is something at the root of this.

Old 09-13-2019, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
This is for a soda fountain though, diet coke and coke zero are the only relatively healthy choices (if you want to call them that), majority of the drink choices are loaded with sugar.

Just 10-15 yrs ago, the largest size available was a 32 oz cup...sizes do not just increase THAT much over such a short time, there is something at the root of this.
what do you think is at the root?

Who can even drink 100 oz a day of anything. I would be drowning.

Its hard to even drink 64 oz of plain water imo unless you are involved in strenuous activity or much larger than the avg man or woman.

Old 09-13-2019, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
what do you think is at the root?

Who can even drink 100 oz a day of anything. I would be drowning.

Its hard to even drink 64 oz of plain water imo unless you are involved in strenuous activity or much larger than the avg man or woman.
I see quite a few regular customers coming in thru out the day, refilling their large cups 2, 3 and even 4 times per day!

Granted that some of them probably do strenuous work and likely go thru a 64oz drink pretty fast, but still, multiple refills thru out the day adds up the sugar.

Im not sure what the root cause for this is, but Im sure its there and there is obviously enough motivation to move it along at such a pace, so there must be some reason to fatten us up quickly.

Old 09-14-2019, 12:06 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Remember when Michelle Obama was encouraging healthy living in students and conservatives screamed bloody murder over it?

That hypocrite was responsible for schools serving garbage to high school athletes (who threw it away), while she and her husband continued to make their "burgers and fries" (and HIS favorite coconut shake) runs at the Shake Shack--then told the staff to stop blabbing about what they'd ordered.

Give me a break.

Old 09-14-2019, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
The really funny thing about the OP's complaining about this issue is, the ONLY solution for this particular problem is to take the kinds of measures that conservatives (like the OP) generally hate.

The ONLY solution to obesity--which doesn't affect everyone--is to have the gubment dictate what everyone (except for the gubment busybodies) should eat?

The things you learn on CD!

Old 09-14-2019, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6zv_4_3BXs&t=534s

https://www.stateofobesity.org/states/wv/

It's going on all over America but it's amazing how fit and athletic people looked in West Virginia in 1981. Now, the state has 44% obesity among those 26-64 years old and thats only the percentage who admit to it on the phone.

Many of those claim to be obese, are likely morbidly obese. The obesity is especially skyrocketing among young adults, well over 40% in several states.

America is going to have tens of millions of people in their 30s and 40s who won't be able to work if the trends continue.

Many of the 40% young adults are that are considered obese will end up with decades of expensive chronic conditions and one health episode after another.

I don't worry about it, but it is very interesting how far this country has fallen in the last generation or two.

I really do think that the obesity along with the vaping and products people are prescribed which causes a slippery slope is going to be America's downfall and the quality of life is going the plummet in the next decade.

Wow, the rates are up all across America but a video of Charleston, WV shows a city where person a handful of people were not athletic looking in 1981 out thousands of people.

Now, the obesity rate is 44% for those 26 to 64 years old in the state up from 13% among the adult population in 1990.

They're eating too much, and they're not exercising enough. For the most part, they simply don't need as many calories as they're consuming.

And it's pervasive. California's obesity, still comparatively lower, is no longer low. And theirs is increasing at a faster rate.

Adult obesity in CA was 9.9% in 1990. Ten years later it had doubled to 18.7%. Now, it's 25.8%.

For crying out loud, people don't even move around the kitchen to cook, anymore. If they don't "go out for food," it's Heat 'n Eat. Shake 'n Bake, and Grab 'n Go at home.

With a steady diet of convenience foods and junk that should be considered an occasional treat, and lack of physical effort expended in their daily activities, it's no wonder that so many are obese.

Old 09-14-2019, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Bingo.

I hate both of you guys (Team Red and Team Blue).

But at least your team is open with the "government-cures-all" spiel. Team Red is still in the closet. They'll complain about this stuff, public schools, and the media yet refuse to get government out of...or even somewhat reduce the government...in those arenas.

Bullbleep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies