Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 03:11 PM

25,441 posts, read 9,802,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Well, the Democrats were the party of slavery and Jim Crow.
The parties switched platforms years ago. Lots of information on Google.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2019, 03:12 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Republicans talk about Unions like it's 1910........and they talk about words written in 1780+ as from the Lord.....other than the words written 1700 years before which they TRUELY know are from the Lord.......

Slavery and Racism are part of America - A BIG part, especially for those many millions affected. What would 40 acres and a mule promised in 1865 be worth today?

It's not past history. It's reality. If you had an insurance policy in 1850 for a ship that went down...and the ship was recovered today, guess who owns the ship? Yep, the Insurance company that paid you off 150 years ago.

Time is a construct. But I understand Republicans very well. To them their caring about the Budget and Deficit from 2009-2016....was LONG past history and they completely moved on. So they have this certain capacity for hypocrisy which most other people see through.

Old 09-14-2019, 03:18 PM

45,230 posts, read 26,437,203 times
If only politicians bearing welfare money were the answer. Its just another way to enslave.

Old 09-14-2019, 03:21 PM

349 posts, read 260,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Wasn't easy for me either, but I'm not presumptuous enough to think that everyone has the same opportunities. Hard is one thing. Some people have it damn near impossible.
So you label me as presumptuous. What makes you think that I think everyone has the same opportunities? I've lived in large cities and abroad. I have a very wide view of things. Discussing the obvious does not make me presumptuous. I do presume, however, that some here have never traveled outside their home county.

Old 09-14-2019, 03:24 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
The parties switched platforms years ago. Lots of information on Google.
There was no mythical party swap.

That is a Democrat myth which tries to reduce their guilt.

Honestly, Dems (most anyway) shouldn't carry any guilt over it since the majority of today's Democrats had nothing to do with it.

Old 09-14-2019, 03:36 PM

Quote:
There was no mythical party swap.

That is a Democrat myth which tries to reduce their guilt.

Honestly, Dems (most anyway) shouldn't carry any guilt over it since the majority of today's Democrats had nothing to do with it.
The Southern Block and "conservatives" have always had the same outlook. You can call them Conservatives, Confederates, White Supremeacists, Lost Causers, etc. - doesn't matter. You can even say they were most Democrats until Civil Rights Bills, which - of course - made them switch to Republican. They would have switched to ANY party rather than followed the law or spirit of our Nation.

An economy and social system built on caste, slavery and the 1%.....almost always existed S. of the Mason Dixon line. Texas even paid settlers for each slave they brought into the new State/Republic with free land.

There was no magic day when all Texans suddenly believe in equality......and liberalism.

Old 09-14-2019, 03:45 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
The Southern Block and "conservatives" have always had the same outlook. You can call them Conservatives, Confederates, White Supremeacists, Lost Causers, etc. - doesn't matter. You can even say they were most Democrats until Civil Rights Bills, which - of course - made them switch to Republican. They would have switched to ANY party rather than followed the law or spirit of our Nation.

An economy and social system built on caste, slavery and the 1%.....almost always existed S. of the Mason Dixon line. Texas even paid settlers for each slave they brought into the new State/Republic with free land.

There was no magic day when all Texans suddenly believe in equality......and liberalism.
There was no party swap.

The racist Democrats have just slowly died off.

Old 09-14-2019, 03:47 PM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
Quote:
Not everybody has the same opportunities. Sometimes it's not that easy to work and improve one's place in society. Black people aren't the only recipients of welfare either. Not by a long shot.
You're so right - not everyone has opportunities. My kids didn't have the scholarship opportunities available because their skin color is white not black. Many men don't have the job opportunities because they aren't looking for the best man for the job - but the person who will fulfill their quota. The blacks I know have taken advantage of what has been available to them because they were black and succeeded in life. If some don't succeed - it has less to do with opportunities these days and more to do with wanting something enough.

Old 09-14-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:
There was no party swap.

The racist Democrats have just slowly died off.
So where did the current Republicans in the South come from? Surely you know they all have ancestors who were Confederates? Now you are making zero sense.......because I know some of these people.

In general, no one moved anywhere except that many former slaves had to leave to the Northern Cities for work....many of the same family names are still in politics and business down there...they got to keep a lot of land and the "40 acres and a mule" were pretty much stolen from the black folks (or never given).

Old 09-14-2019, 04:10 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,129,622 times
The media is playin ball with them, running stories with the same narratives. You know their game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies