Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 04:48 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,432,565 times

Advertisements

Well Saudi Arabia is committing genocide in Yemen. It only make sense for Yemeni tribal groups to strike back.

Good for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2019, 04:49 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Israel, Saudi Arabia, or the USA did the bombing.

Old 09-14-2019, 04:51 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
that's surprising after the Obama’s administration oversaw the largest U.S.-Saudi arms deals in American history.

President Barack Obama, who won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009, left office with the dubious honor of having sold more weapons than any other American president since World War II.

What a guy!
Your point? It doesn't matter who the president is. The defense industry scam in the middle east has been going on for decades. But with respect to Trump, back in the 80s and 90s Trump called it for what it was. Now, he seems to have tossed all that aside and is as corrupt as the rest. I got some hope he had come to what is left of his failing senses when he booted Bolton. But we will see where this is all going soon enough.

Old 09-14-2019, 05:00 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,432,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Your point? It doesn't matter who the president is. The defense industry scam in the middle east has been going on for decades. But with respect to Trump, back in the 80s and 90s Trump called it for what it was. Now, he seems to have tossed all that aside and is as corrupt as the rest. I got some hope he had come to what is left of his failing senses when he booted Bolton. But we will see where this is all going soon enough.
Pompeo wants war.

the bombing probably had nothing to do with Iran, but most of the decision makers don't care.

And Trump's 'left' wing critiques are saying he is too much of a wuss to declare war. So pretty much everyone is egging him on.

Old 09-14-2019, 05:08 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Saudi Arabia reportedly shuts down half its oil production after drone attack

Once upon a time and only so briefly it was only our country fielding drones, and overflying sovereign borders with impunity. We had the technology and sophistication, in our hubris we led the field. We defined the parameters.

We have set the precedent.

Now other countries have drones, and they are being constructed all over they world. The cat's out of the bag now. We have sown the wind, we shall reap the whirlwind.

~ Hosea 8:7 ~

Old 09-14-2019, 05:17 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
I get it. I'm a drone guy myself. Buy them, build them, modify them, etc....

This Saudi oil processing plant was way up north east from Houthi areas, near Bahrain. No shorty consumer drone would reach it from Yemen.

That meant it was longer range military grade (Iranians) or somebody was much closer to the oil processing plant (again, likely Iranians).
I disagree. You can carry these things in a car, disassembled if necessary. Get within range of your target assemble the drone and off you go. Range of the drone is only part of the equation. Some of those things can fly for miles and have cameras on them that are used for guidance and targeting.

I can get one in Denver Colorado and drop an apple pie on my daughters deck the next day if I wanted. Of course I would need to learn how to fly one of them. I would also have to drive from Denver to the Vancouver Wa area to do it. The Houthis took credit for it. They have assets (people) throughout Saudi Arabia.

This was totally doable by the Houthis.

It was also totally doable by not only Iran but Israel, Oman, Iraq, iSIS, Al Quaida, the US of A, Britain, Putin himself and any other entity that has an interest in conflict.

Don't jump to conclusions, think things through ffs.

Old 09-14-2019, 05:28 PM

814 posts, read 670,336 times
Pompeo shouldn't be charging the public without providing better proof. I'm sure he's aware of the fact that most presidents that start wars get re-elected.

This is a situation we need to back out of. Let oil prices rise and let China take a hit. Have we not learned anything about being in the middle east?

There are too many benefactors surrounding this to make it a clear case.

Let's not make this oil burning fire become a damn prophecy.

Old 09-14-2019, 05:47 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
The best drones pallets of US cash can buy.

Old 09-14-2019, 05:53 PM

8,484 posts, read 6,891,592 times
This could be a major disaster for the US and other countries buying Saudi oil. The latest generation of military drones have terrain hugging capability and fly at very low altitude just above the contours of the ground along the programmed flight line just like cruise missiles. Extremely difficult to catch on radar.

Old 09-14-2019, 06:57 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
This could be a major disaster for the US and other countries buying Saudi oil. The latest generation of military drones have terrain hugging capability and fly at very low altitude just above the contours of the ground along the programmed flight line just like cruise missiles. Extremely difficult to catch on radar.
We only import 600K bbl per day from SA now. We can make that up from the SPR, or simply with production increases that will come online if prices rise. We won't increase exports to the world much as we don't have the facilities to do so yet. It is not the end of the world for us. Most SA oil goes to Asia today. There's billions of bbls of oil in storage around the world, too, not just here. We will see a big spike in markets when they open tomorrow night as the speculators jump in. We'll see how Trump reacts to that. If he opens the SPR it could bring prices back down quickly. If not and a shortage develops, this is just one more strike for the coming recession - high energy on top of tariffs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies