Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your position on "climate change"?
I don't believe in climate change. 23 8.52%
I believe in climate change, but not that humans are the majority cause. 115 42.59%
I believe in climate change and that people are the primary cause. 106 39.26%
I don't have enough evidence to arrive at a conclusion. 26 9.63%
Voters: 270. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 06:51 PM

18,425 posts, read 8,256,472 times

Advertisements

We were talking about the highest temperature ever recorded on the globe....

"it was Furnace Creek, California.... July....1913....134F....and it's the highest temp ever recorded....global"

you said....Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post "Then you are off topic......The topic is global climate change."

You obviously didn't know that was the highest temperature ever recorded on the globe...which makes it global

....want a bigger shovel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2019, 07:02 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
...you don't even know where or when the record high temperature was we were talking about...do you?

it was Furnace Creek, California.... July....1913....134F....and it's the highest temp ever recorded....global

So what? Who cares about what happened 106 years ago on one day in one little spot in USA? What does that have to do with climate change today and GLOBAL warming that is happening NOW?

In the past 20 years there are now many more places all over the world that have been approaching and maintaining temperatures nearly as high every year and they've been lasting for more than one single day.

Stop focusing on unimportant singular, isolated incidents in isolated locations from more than 100 years ago and focus on the record breaking events that are happening globally every year now in the 21st century, each year hotter than the one before.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_weather_records

Old 09-16-2019, 07:02 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
We were talking about the highest temperature ever recorded on the globe....

"it was Furnace Creek, California.... July....1913....134F....and it's the highest temp ever recorded....global"

you said....Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post "Then you are off topic......The topic is global climate change."

You obviously didn't know that was the highest temperature ever recorded on the globe...which makes it global

....want a bigger shovel?
Really? You think a temperature reading in one small area is global?

Old 09-16-2019, 07:07 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

That poster is convinced that USA is the center of the universe and the rest of the globe doesn't exist.

Old 09-16-2019, 07:12 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
I was freezing in Florida a few years back and everyone was wrapping their super expensive palm trees to keep them from freezing. One guy had about two dozen comforters wrapped around each of his multi thousand dollar trees . Global warming.. ha!!

Old 09-16-2019, 07:13 PM

Quote:
of course not....now you're really twisting and stretching....LOL

...it's the highest temperature ever recorded on the globe...exactly what I said it was

that was 106 years ago....and the record has not been broken anywhere on the "global" since

strangely enough...global warming has not made Furnace Creek one bit warmer in 106 years

""it was Furnace Creek, California.... July....1913....134F....and it's the highest temp ever recorded""

Old 09-16-2019, 07:16 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Totally baseless assumption. I doubt that you yourself actually believe it.
Assumption.. ever listen to the debates those leftie dems talk about? It is the biggest stupidist garbage and anyone who falls for it deserves to be powerless.. gullible dems everywhere..

I guess you think that no country is communist either.. and for sure you don't believe the bible.

Old 09-16-2019, 09:53 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,650,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Our climate will always change with or without human intervention. I do believe that we exacerbate climate change. You can't have billions of one species on a planet without having a profound impact. We do not live in a symbiotic relationship with our planet.
I agree, which is why I couldn't vote in the poll as this wasn't a choice.

What I find convincing is research on ice core samples from Greenland that show CO2 levels going back many millenia. We all know that the short time we've been keeping records is just a blink in geologic time, but these ice cores show natural rises in CO2 - and also show that the CO2 in the atmosphere has spiked dramatically since the Industrial Revolution. There are many scholorly, scientific studies on this. This one is from 2017 but I recently heard another (though I can't find it).

https://blogs.ei.columbia.edu/2017/0...s-not-natural/

Old 09-17-2019, 04:24 AM

30,393 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Quote:
When are you going to post something I don't know...You keep posting the same things over and over again.
I agree. Broken record.

Old 09-17-2019, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
I agree. Broken record.
..the only thing you two agree on....is you don't like posts that are contrary to your agenda....or the people that post them.....LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies