Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2019, 06:19 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,766,158 times

Advertisements

Hmmm, an unsubstantiated accusation from 30 years ago made by a registered Democrat against a Republican nominee for the Supreme Court.

It is very interesting that this accusation has just now surfaced.

The childish political games being played by Liberals in Washington are disgusting.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Kavanaugh.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2019, 06:25 AM

24,489 posts, read 17,226,594 times
UGH...

I think I heard something this week on Sports radio that Kavanaugh and Antonio Brown used to party together...

Big Ugh.

Old 09-15-2019, 06:38 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
UGH...

I think I heard something this week on Sports radio that Kavanaugh and Antonio Brown used to party together...

Big Ugh.

OK, so the guy is on the Court for the next forty years and all the left can think to do is **** him off with more horse **** allegations like this!

Old 09-15-2019, 07:02 AM

5,527 posts, read 3,252,102 times
Journalists have just become mean girls smearing people they don't like. None of them care about facts.

Old 09-15-2019, 07:12 AM

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times
I can't read the NYTimes story (behind a pay wall) but, the other news outlets report that the NYTimes wrote an article accusing kavanaugh of 'unwanted sexual misconduct' based on the allegations of two, anonymous people that said max stier said he saw Kavanaugh put his penis in the hands of another anonymous person more than 30 years ago.

does this sound like solid reporting by the NYTimes?

Last edited by texan2yankee; 09-15-2019 at 07:56 AM..

Old 09-15-2019, 07:18 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Brett Kavanaugh is hit with a fresh sexual misconduct allegation from his time at Yale in the 1980s amid claims the FBI did NOT investigate the incident before his contentious confirmation
This is nothing fresh. This was reported at the time of Ford accusations and the guy testified to someone -I can’t remember off the top of my head if it was the FBI, someone from the senate committee, or both - about it. I remember reading about it at the time. What’s with pretending this is something new is out there?

Old 09-15-2019, 07:30 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
This is nothing fresh. This was reported at the time of Ford accusations and the guy testified to someone -I can’t remember off the top of my head if it was the FBI, someone from the senate committee, or both - about it. I remember reading about it at the time. What’s with pretending this is something new is out there?
Ahhh.... the answer:
Quote:
This essay is adapted from the forthcoming book “The Education of Brett Kavanaugh: An Investigation.”

Robin Pogrebin is a reporter on the Culture Desk, where she covers cultural institutions, the art world, architecture and other subjects. She is also the author with Kate Kelly of "The Education of Brett Kavanaugh: An Investigation."
They are promoting a new book. Lovely. So, nothing new, just a rehash.

Old 09-15-2019, 07:39 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Your memory is failing you.

These are new claims - -in addition to the ones that you remember hearing.
Now this whole article is odd. They chose an odd headline and then buried the allegations in the article....as if they wanted us to know but not sure they wanted us to know.

too early for me to say I think it is true or not. Not going to dive in on this.

Waiting to see how this plays out.

There are some oddities for sure.

Old 09-15-2019, 07:42 AM

17,624 posts, read 6,908,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Your memory is failing you.

These are new claims - -in addition to the ones that you remember hearing.
Now this whole article is odd. They chose an odd headline and then buried the allegations in the article....as if they wanted us to know but not sure they wanted us to know.

too early for me to say I think it is true or not. Not going to dive in on this.

Waiting to see how this plays out.

There are some oddities for sure.
I’m confident you’ll end up believing whatever the DNC/MSM decides to tell you.

Old 09-15-2019, 09:11 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Apparently the so called Victim has no memory of the incident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies