Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2019, 09:04 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times

Advertisements

I object to stupid people in the media who just read a script.

No matter what they look like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2019, 09:19 PM

7,975 posts, read 7,351,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
If I wanted to watch ugly women discuss the news I would watch the view.
I was going to say, "Rachel Maddow".

Old 09-17-2019, 10:10 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,652,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I object to stupid people in the media who just read a script.

No matter what they look like.
Yep. When it comes to news, it's about facts - it's not a beauty contest. I'll take a responsible journalist anyt ime and don't care what they look like.

Old 09-17-2019, 10:39 PM

31,043 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Attractive women are a threat to many of the "woke" ideals. There is no "equity" when it comes to looks and no real sisterhood between 9s and 3s. Worse still, some races and ethnic groups produce more attractive women than other groups, and no amount of social engineering will change that perception. Wokeness need the burqa.
I remember watching a clip on YouTube where a group of Woke Feminist were trying on full Burqas and declaring how Liberated they felt. Same outfits that ISIS forced captured women to where

Old 09-17-2019, 11:08 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
So reminiscent of what the Taliban say about women. Word for Word.

Old 09-18-2019, 01:02 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
If I wanted to watch ugly women discuss the news I would watch the view.
If I wanted to watch a talk/news show on a liberal channel, which is the most ideal show to watch for sexy women?

Old 09-18-2019, 06:49 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,232,469 times
I’m assuming we’re talking about “media” as in broadcast journalism? I don’t find it offensive, but it is career-limiting because body con dresses and beauty queen hair have a short shelf life. The most widely respected women in journalism with decades-long careers have struck a balance of being feminine but not sexualized, so if career longevity is a woman’s goal, it will serve her well to take a page from their books.

Old 09-18-2019, 07:15 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
There's been a huge push recently wherein in media attractive/sexy women are bad and offensive towards women so they do things like covering them up more and downplay any physical attraction they have. Heck, lots of women got upset because Captain Marvel wore lipstick.

Many counter arguments to it have been that it's ridiculous, as you look at female UFC fighters, they're all wearing short shorts and sports bras. And there's a female youtuber called LianaK that pointed out something I found interesting, where she stated it's actually insulting to women to say it's somehow more "mature and respectful" to say women need to be covered up, and is very hypocritical considering the past where women were expected to keep themselves covered up all the time.

There's also the issue where women that depend on making money by getting jobs and gigs by modeling are now suffering due to this climate where showing physically attractive women is awful, like the grid girls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdbD7EF4Byw

Or another good example would be an even held every year called E3 in L.A where they show off lots of new video games coming out and they used to have a crap ton of women that would model and depending on what kind of game it was, some would dress up in bikinis, some in some fantasy armor, etc. I actually went there the last year they had it, they were colloquially known as "booth babes" there were tons of them and it was fun because they all would let you talk to them, take pictures with them and they seemed pretty happy, but the next year they ended it saying they didn't want female attendees to feel uncomfortable. Now sure you can say "You're a man, so of course you'd want attractive women around" but couldn't it also be argued that by fostering a culture where attractive women are not allowed you're also making sure lots of women lose jobs and gigs where they can make some decent money?

My daughter is a very pretty girl (and a med student). When in business (before med school) she used all available tools to complete her objective, including her appearance and clothing.

Guys are stupid and will do things for a pretty girl that they would otherwise not do.

Use the tools that God gave you. I see no problem with these women using their appearance to get their job.

Drug companies use this tactic as well, in that most drug reps are good looking younger women. When you go to a spine meeting, there are actually women in bathing suits demonstrating surgical tables and other equipment- it is pretty embarrassing. However, this must work, otherwise it wouldn't be done.

Old 09-18-2019, 07:33 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
Beautiful women are God's greatest creation and it is only natural that people should seek to bask in their radiance.

Old 09-18-2019, 07:52 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
There's been a huge push recently wherein in media attractive/sexy women are bad and offensive towards women so they do things like covering them up more and downplay any physical attraction they have.
I have not noticed any such "huge push". I've always thought that Fox likes to use a little "eye candy" to attract the mostly male audience, that hasn't changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies