Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2019, 09:15 PM

9,470 posts, read 10,805,387 times

Advertisements

I admire the homeowners good marksmanship......three dead thugs.

I’m sure all the protests will start, I know they were just babies, good kids... what’s this world coming to when three nice young thugs can’t rob a house without getting shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2019, 09:17 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I would guess that potentially lives were saved. Where would they go from armed robbery? Gangs? Selling drugs? Lives were saved.
You get 5-6 others and you form a roving gang beating and stealing like these 15-27yo's they just arrested in Minneapolis. Crime dropped huge when they got these guys off the streets.

https://twitter.com/Cara_TXZEAL/stat...33429576454146

Old 09-17-2019, 09:21 PM

25,573 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
This case is a good example of exactly why civilians need semi-automatic rifles with detachable box magazines. This rifle may well have saved the lives of several innocent people.
Did someone have to reload?

Old 09-18-2019, 12:53 AM

4,904 posts, read 2,057,413 times
Well, they got a real taste of "thug life" and it wasn't too forgiving in the end. Sorry, no sympathy for those losers... They messed with the wrong people that day and got themselves shot the hell up for being stupid in a no stupid zone.

IMHO, it sounds like a good shooting me. If it goes to court, I'd take a jury trial since they will Be found innocent by the jury of their peers.

Old 09-18-2019, 01:47 AM

7,591 posts, read 4,161,936 times
Quote:
Excuses. That's all you have. Society failed them right?

Please enlighten me. Why do your kids need to be out past 10 pm?

My son has done very well, both daughters rising stars in their perspective fields.

Society can make excuses for thug behavior or it can lay blame where it belongs. That blame isn't at my door step.

Im 56 by the way, I was raised right and in turn raised mine right. Those thugs were created, not born.
I also stand by my statement. You either know right from wrong at 15 or you just don't give a damn. Every bit of their actions show that they knew what they were doing was wrong.
I thought being born was being created. Or do you mean those thugs were raised that way, not born that way? If that is true, society has a part in it. If they went through the school system, society has every part of it.

Old 09-18-2019, 02:33 AM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I admire the homeowners good marksmanship......three dead thugs.

I’m sure all the protests will start, I know they were just babies, good kids... what’s this world coming to when three nice young thugs can’t rob a house without getting shot.
They were just doing their "jobs".

Their lifelong "vocation".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7TT4jnnWys

Old 09-18-2019, 03:15 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
I thought being born was being created. Or do you mean those thugs were raised that way, not born that way? If that is true, society has a part in it. If they went through the school system, society has every part of it.
Bad dog owners create bad dogs. The same is true of people. Bad parents create bad children. They dont teach them how to behave, how to respect, how to be responsible.

You can blame society, but I never hired a teacher or expected a teacher to teach my children, manners, respect, self respect, morals, honesty. integrity or honor. If you are looking for strangers to do those things for you then you have no business being a parent. Good Parents, own their children's behavior. I don't blame Mr Johnson up the road if my sone breaks I not his house. I blame me.

The schools system isn't in place to instruct our children on being honest or having integrity. When you abdicate those responsibilities to strangers you are no longer a fit parent.

Society had no control over those 3 thugs wearing masks, having a gun, and being out at 4 am. There are already laws against the gun, robbing people and in many places minors out roaming the streets at 4 am.

Old 09-18-2019, 03:23 AM

3,869 posts, read 4,079,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
I bet it was a machine gun like Rambo has
Maybe it was a M249, wish I could have kept one from my time in the Marines.

Old 09-18-2019, 03:33 AM

78 posts, read 37,453 times
13/90

Old 09-18-2019, 03:59 AM

7,591 posts, read 4,161,936 times
Quote:
Bad dog owners create bad dogs. The same is true of people. Bad parents create bad children. They dont teach them how to behave, how to respect, how to be responsible.

You can blame society, but I never hired a teacher or expected a teacher to teach my children, manners, respect, self respect, morals, honesty. integrity or honor. If you are looking for strangers to do those things for you then you have no business being a parent. Good Parents, own their children's behavior. I don't blame Mr Johnson up the road if my sone breaks I not his house. I blame me.

The schools system isn't in place to instruct our children on being honest or having integrity. When you abdicate those responsibilities to strangers you are no longer a fit parent.

Society had no control over those 3 thugs wearing masks, having a gun, and being out at 4 am. There are already laws against the gun, robbing people and in many places minors out roaming the streets at 4 am.
My post was a reaction to the word "create".

I don't disagree with your points. You're ideas are more conventional. Mine are a bit more radical and a bit out there.

If society is telling me I should feel sympathy for them, then I hold society responsible for their behavior or whoever enabled their behavior in the past. If the consequences were not enough to stop their behaviors, then education needed to take center stage. If education was not enough, consequences needed to take center stage.

All of those things you mentioned, self respect, morals, manners, honesty, integrity, are learned through skills. Those very same skills are taught first at home, if the parent knows the skills. If they don't, they can't teach it. That is why some kids are better prepared for school than others. But for those other children that don't learn the skills at home, that is where the school steps in. And it should step in, that is what we are paying it for. Parents can only teach so much at home because the environment is limited to the family and its values. They hope the school shares the same values and are competent in teaching.

But if children are coming out of schools not being able to conclude that you shouldn't walk onto somebody else's yard without their permission, then they didn't teach the skills necessary to form that conclusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies