U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 08:58 AM

461 posts, read 192,914 times

Advertisements

Half are mad because transgender people shouldn’t be discriminated against and half think is unfair to make other children uncomfortable to accommodate a small percentage.

https://www.dailyherald.com/amp-arti...ews/190919578/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:03 AM

24,245 posts, read 12,708,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriank7 View Post
Half are mad because transgender people shouldn’t be discriminated against and half think is unfair to make other children uncomfortable to accommodate a small percentage.

https://www.dailyherald.com/amp-arti...ews/190919578/
I think there needs to be a general change in how things are done.

I went to an all girls' high school and I guess I was shy/a prude/ I did not dress and undress in the open locker room...even when showering (we had shower stalls/curtains). I never wanted to walk around naked even if front of a bunch of girls.

So new schools should have locker rooms that allow for privacy. They all don't have to shower like prison inmates in the open.

BUT...in the meantime. There aren't a significant population of transgender students at schools, and I think each school needs to work with the students to work out an acceptable way to deal with this.

(I was a band Mom and even with changing into the band uniform some kids just didn't want to change in front of other kids....sure some kids dropped their pants no matter who was there -- male/female -- but many wanted privacy and there was always an opportunity to change discreetly).

Old Today, 09:07 AM

4,517 posts, read 2,660,865 times
Just played in a women's hockey tournament with a transgender woman. No one cared. But we're all adults.

I'd have to think a trans child would be the one who's most uncomfortable in the locker room, not the cis kids.

Old Today, 09:11 AM

10,910 posts, read 6,471,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Just played in a women's hockey tournament with a transgender woman. No one cared. But we're all adults.

I'd have to think a trans child would be the one who's most uncomfortable in the locker room, not the cis kids.
So how good is that dude on skates compared to the rest of the women ?

Old Today, 09:11 AM

26,103 posts, read 10,059,657 times
Abolish public schools.

Privatize and let the market decide.

Team Red no longer has to clutch their pearls and hope goons on their side infringe on the rights of others to "fix it".

Team Blue no longer has to whine about equality and hope goons on their side infringe on the rights of others to "fix it".

Old Today, 09:14 AM

874 posts, read 308,322 times
How many threads do you need about the same thing?

Is this all our youth knows now?

Old Today, 09:15 AM

10,422 posts, read 8,272,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
So how good is that dude on skates compared to the rest of the women ?
Wonder if it is their enforcer.

Old Today, 09:15 AM

13,517 posts, read 4,645,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post

You mean normal kids

Old Today, 09:18 AM

7,465 posts, read 1,650,318 times
Do you agree with unrestricted locker access for transgender students?

No, and I am tired of having to say why over and over again.

Old Today, 09:22 AM

4,925 posts, read 4,487,826 times
I don't think they do transgender operations on "kids."

That said, I was like moneill when I was in my early teens - so shy that I would change to my gym outfit in the bathroom stalls instead of in the locker room with the other girls. A trans individual could do the same and avoid this entire foolish debate entirely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or