Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2019, 11:12 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
If this was a pro-life, no abortion rally, that'd be cool?
Don’t bother responding to me, I have no interest in your word salad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2019, 11:14 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Mmm, yes, I see that people like you prefer people who are left in the dark & keep their heads in the sand.

Penalized for what? Attending a climate change protest? Why should that be penalized?
Because they are missing school for a non-emergency. If they want to protest on the weekends, go for it. The point is that they are being allowed to walk out of class and do what they want without permission. Do you not really understand that, or are you just pretending?

Old 09-17-2019, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Because they are missing school for a non-emergency. If they want to protest on the weekends, go for it. The point is that they are being allowed to walk out of class and do what they want without permission. Do you not really understand that, or are you just pretending?
Oh boy. You really should read the OP before commenting.

Old 09-17-2019, 11:19 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,936,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Because they are being indoctrinated with propaganda.
Yeah, it's amazing they are still able to walk and chew gum at the same time with the weight of all that propaganda from Fox on their heads for all their young lives.

So, kids in NYC are being given a day off to participate in our democracy or maybe just have a good time skipping class for a day.

Suck it up, snowflakes. The kids will all be back in school the next day with no harm done. You guys are becoming terrified of EVERYTHING these days.

Old 09-17-2019, 11:20 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Now you’re just arguing with yourself. Attendance is allowed. I don’t care what the official policy is, they’re excused for this. Period. End of story. Why you keep beating it is beyond me.
I'm not arguing at all. I'm telling you what is fact. It's crystal clear.

Read the third paragraph of what I quoted in the OP. They were worried about how the school system would regard attending the protest instead of school - until the school made a special exemption.

Old 09-17-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I'm not arguing at all. I'm telling you what is fact - as are the others on here. It's crystal clear.
Yes, it’s fact that they’ve been given permission. Shrug, done.

Old 09-17-2019, 11:52 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,194 times
Quote:
Oh boy. You really should read the OP before commenting.
I think you should read it. He stated that the kids are being given the day off to protest. Why should they be given a day off for a propaganda protest?

Old 09-17-2019, 12:00 PM

Quote:
I think you should read it. He stated that the kids are being given the day off to protest. Why should they be given a day off for a propaganda protest?
In your post that I quoted, you said they weren’t given permission when in fact, they have. So if they’ve been given permission, why would they be penalized for attending? They’ve been given permission, end of story.

Old 09-17-2019, 12:38 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,936,051 times
Quote:
Your propaganda is my free speech. I bet you would be tickled pink if the kids were let out of class to go attend one of Trump's rallies.

And get with the program. Just because you are a member of the Flat Earth Society with the requisite loathing for science and education doesn't mean that the young folks should have to bow before the denier Inquisition.

Old 09-17-2019, 12:46 PM

17,795 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Seems like when Nixon had the first "Earth Day" they had us go and sit outside during science class for an hour.

Now they get all day!!!

Must be that 'slippery slope' thing that the conservatives are always warning us about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies