Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2019, 07:51 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,165,623 times

Advertisements

FB keeps me posted on the grandaughters exploits......had an unknown relative get in touch last week.....useful stuff even if Zucker is a leftist.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2019, 08:23 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
I use FB for keeping track of friends and family.
And hobby groups. FB has awesome hobby groups.

I pass by the politics stuff.

Old 10-15-2019, 09:32 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
one of the best choices I ever made was NOT getting on social media...……...
Oh, the irony ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
big difference. facebook wants your address,phone number,ETC………...
Psst ... You don't have to share anything with Facebook that you don't want to share ... If you provide Facebook - or anyone else - with your address and phone number, that's on you.

Old 10-15-2019, 09:51 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
I love Facebook. I can keep touch with relatives in Missouri and in the Philippines.

Thanks, Mark

Old 10-15-2019, 09:55 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,631 posts, read 17,968,125 times
I love facebook too. Once you weed your news feed for just people you enjoy hearing from, it's a fabulous way to keep in touch and stay connected. I have a lot of friends who also post stuff about events and say "anyone interested in going", and yes, actually I am, thanks!

One thing that I think is GENIUS that they're considering is hiding "likes" from the public. So if you "like" something, only the original poster can see you liked it.

What a breath of fresh air! There are so many people posting things to get lots of likes, or they check check check to see how many people "liked" their stuff, that would end all that anxiety and competition. If they get zero or 100 likes, no one but them will know.

Another great thing about facebook is when you hear a name that someone mentions, I can often just type it into facebook and see the person's picture. Oh yes, her, I know who that is. Or oh no, what's her husbands name again? Oh here. Kevin. ;D

Old 10-15-2019, 10:04 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
There really isn't any requirement that Facebook users do anything on there that pertains to politics.

I use facebook to see what friends/relatives are up to,share stupid jokes,see who died,and look at groups with common interests about boats/cars/motorcycles.

I very rarely comment on anything political on there.Despite the fact that I've always been a Republican I've been deluged with ads from Democratic candidates lately......I just scroll on past them.I mostly scroll past the few Republican ones too.....its not that hard.
And you can hide or delete posts or posters.

I think the thing to remember is that political ads might lie. Before reposting, check the ad’s “facts” against Snopes. What I’ve found is that ads that seem to align neatly into my political beliefs are often untrue. Beware of any political ad that aligns too neatly with your core beliefs, especially if you have strong feelings about it. Truth is messy. Ads that seek to inflame are usually manipulative.

Old 10-15-2019, 10:13 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
I dont like the fact that law enforcement is using FB and other social media to nab criminals, Ive even heard a few cops say that social media has been great for law enforcement, and that its making their job a lot easier.

Old 10-15-2019, 10:16 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Libs love FB until they find out it is linked to Conservatives. LMFAO

https://www.newsweek.com/deletefaceb...vative-1465165

NOW FB bad.!!! Hilarious. Buncha tools.
Here we go with that hornet hate tribal crap again. It has nothing to do with liberals hating Facebook because it's linked to conservatives, Rather there is a legitimate concern that Facebook allows lies and conspiracytheories to be spread because they don't want to interfere with free speech. Yes it is about money for them. The problem lies when people who are low information and clueless believe this garbage. My experience is that I'm seeing less and less of it because most people are smarter now and they jump all over the poster. I will counter it with facts whenever I see it.

Someone posted Donald Trump dancing with a cation of winning under it. I wrote "Yep impeachment inquiry is winning." That hilarious

Old 10-15-2019, 10:17 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I dont like the fact that law enforcement is using FB and other social media to nab criminals, Ive even heard a few cops say that social media has been great for law enforcement, and that its making their job a lot easier.
Wait, what? You're against nabbing criminals?

Old 10-15-2019, 10:20 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Wait, what? You're against nabbing criminals?
by using social media...YES, absolutely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies