Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2019, 10:22 AM

73,008 posts, read 62,598,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
You are right-it is the country, not just Minneapolis. The same kind of hate crime happen regularly in DC, Chicago, NYC, Philly, Baltimore. We have black youths these days that put today's KKK to shame in terms of their violence, their hate, and their willingness to assault innocent people...all based on their race.
It isn't just the Twin Cities. At the same time, I used to work in the city of Atlanta. Seems like that kind of mob violence is relatively rare in Atlanta. Not saying it never happened. Just saying it's alot less likely in Atlanta for some reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
I once lived in Troy NY. Used to be a quaint artsy Little River Town. And very safe. Then over the course of x amount of years...a lot of inner city blacks from downstate started moving into the Albany Troy Schenectady area. All those three small cities became very dangerous crime-riddled places there after. The thuggish inner-city black types basically took over the area. My friends ran a couple cigarettes stores in downtown Troy. I used to hang out inside of the store with them all the time. And the majority of the clientele were black thuggish street dealers. One night two opposing Street dealers who didn't get along... Wound up in our store at the same time... One of them proceeded to whip out a box cutter... And he slit the kids head wide open from the top of the head to the neck. The police came in after the incident...I was helping my friends clean up the blood for about an hour. My friends always have problems with the younger blacks in his stores. And soon Troy New York became a hell hole. Many white kids started emulating the thuggish blacks. Tons of rural white girls started hanging out with the thuggish blacks street dealers. all you would see would be a young white girl pushing a baby carriage with a black street dealer... Or a thug type. Pretty soon the majority of the white girls around Troy all had interracial babies. Many had lots. it's like they could not stand up to the aggressive nature of the black thugs... And wound up succumbing to them having lots of their babies. That was when I got the hell out of Troy forever.
I'm not doubting any of this. However, I think about this alot. If it had been specific professional, middle class Blacks/hard workinf blue collar Blacks moving to Troy, would any of that ever happened?

Why aren't more middle class/educated Blacks/hardworking Blacks attracted to Troy? None of that would have happened with Black middle class people who work everyday or are trying to better themselves?

I have to ask because alot of Blacks from New York state have gone to Atlanta, Charlotte, Houston,etc. And a huge part of it is the middle class. And having lived in the exurban parts of metro Atlanta, I noticed something. The girls who got pregnant and became single moms, this happened whether it was a Black man or a White man involved. It was usually the very worst of Black men or White men they were fooling around with. Some of the responsibility falls with some women being attracted to thugs and slacker types

I'm as much of a Black American nerd/bookworm type. None of those women wanted to date me when I was in high school. It was bad boys they wanted.

Old 09-20-2019, 11:57 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,705,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
One question I ask is this. Why is happening more in the Twin Cities? I have to ask for these reason.

1) I used to work in Atlanta. Atlanta has a much higher Black population than Mpls or St. Paul. Just based on the assessment of "more Blacks = more crime", more of those mob attacks should be happening in the city of Atlanta. In fact, the opposite is happening. Every time I read about some Black criminals attacking a non-Black person, it's mainly Mpls, Milwaukee, or Kansas City. Occassionally it will be Philadelphia or New York. Atlanta hardly ever comes up. And the city of Atlanta does have some issues with violent crime. Murder has dropped alot. Property crimes are on the rise though.

2) What is up with the Twin Cities lately? I expect better out of Minnesota. It's still on my shortlist of U.S. states I'd relocate to. I'd be able to behave myself in Minnesota. This isn't Detroit we're talking about. Minneapolis has issues, but it's no Detroit.

Here in the Twin Cities...the downtown is vibrant...filled with clubs, bars, sports venues, shopping, etc. Its also a very integrated city, racially. There are not "black clubs" and "white clubs" like it was in Michigan, which is a ultra segregated state in comparison. So on weekends....everyone is attracted to downtown....including the Riff Raff. You have to take the bad with the good....because downtown is open to and attractive to all. If you want to stick somebody up, if you want to find a rival gang or gang member, if you just want to harass people....downtown offers that opportunity.

Compared to Detroit....and Atlanta.....Minneapolis is an ultra white metro area. There are tons of white people downtown on weekends, far outnumbering blacks. They are coming out of Twins or Timber wolves games, attending bars in the warehouse district, dinning, etc, etc. In other words, its a ton of white victims to choose from. Throw a dart downtown and its most likely to strike a white person. It should come as no surprise, therefore, that whites would be the primary victims. However, I do not know if that is true. Most of the time its blacks shooting blacks downtown. If a black person was attacked like these "white people" were there is a good chance they will be back for retaliation. Someone is going to get shot and that is what you hear on the news mostly downtown.....people getting shot and its usually blacks. Whites just get beat down, mostly...and call the police. Blacks don't take a beat down....without retaliation... and they come back and someone gets shots....or they come back down the next weekend and see the person who gave them a beat down and fire shots in that direction.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 09-20-2019 at 12:10 PM..

Old 09-20-2019, 12:05 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
I like some Harleys, and dont have anything against them really, other than their new cost.

I find some of those guys laughable. A few turn into Harley brand snobs, and even do things like apply temp tattoos and glue on facial hair for their weekend rides.

I had a guy a few years back sneer at my Yamaha Roadstar I had ridden everyday for years in a parking lot. He called it a "wannabe" bike. Ive been riding since I was 15, I'm pushing 60 now.

When I asked about his new looking Harley, he admitted it was his first bike, and it only had about 600 miles on it. He also admitted to being a contracting officer or something like it also. Living that 1% er life for sure, Lol. Those guys are fairly rare though. My helmet has a sticker on it that says "1500 miles and a new bike do not make you a biker" I applied it after that encounter.
That's crazy that they would go to such lengths to be something they're not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I am not talking about people who ride bikes with helmets in the "bike lane" of your city. That having been said....its true that I don't know what the "average" biker gang of today looks like. The only biker gangs that I knew were the ones that were in my community....and if you looked like a geek.....you would definitely be in the wrong crowd with those guys.

You probably had a different experience in "Mr Rogers Neighborhood".
Who said I was talking about bicycles? Your reading comprehension problem is more severe than I thought.

Yeah, I grew up in Mr. Rogers Neighborhood in Chicago.

Like I said, you need to get out more.

Old 09-20-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
That's crazy that they would go to such lengths to be something they're not.

Who said I was talking about bicycles? Your reading comprehension problem is more severe than I thought.

Yeah, I grew up in Mr. Rogers Neighborhood in Chicago.

Like I said, you need to get out more.

I know about Chicago. Yeah...there are Mr. Rogers type neighborhoods in Chicago. Don't try to use the reputation of the city as a whole to try to make it seem like EVERY neighborhood is filled with GD's, vice lords, Latin Kings, El Rukns. etc. I mean...that is why so many white people are moving to the city.

Old 09-20-2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
A mob called coming after me? Pop two of them and the aforementioned scattering occurs.

Yeah....because street thugs are not known to carry guns to fire shots back

Old 09-20-2019, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Here in the Twin Cities...the downtown is vibrant...filled with clubs, bars, sports venues, shopping, etc. Its also a very integrated city, racially. There are not "black clubs" and "white clubs" like it was in Michigan, which is a ultra segregated state in comparison. So on weekends....everyone is attracted to downtown....including the Riff Raff. You have to take the bad with the good....because downtown is open to and attractive to all. If you want to stick somebody up, if you want to find a rival gang or gang member, if you just want to harass people....downtown offers that opportunity.

Compared to Detroit....and Atlanta.....Minneapolis is an ultra white metro area. There are tons of white people downtown on weekends, far outnumbering blacks. They are coming out of Twins or Timber wolves games, attending bars in the warehouse district, dinning, etc, etc. In other words, its a ton of white victims to choose from. Throw a dart downtown and its most likely to strike a white person. It should come as no surprise, therefore, that whites would be the primary victims. However, I do not know if that is true. Most of the time its blacks shooting blacks downtown. If a black person was attacked like these "white people" were there is a good chance they will be back for retaliation. Someone is going to get shot and that is what you hear on the news mostly downtown.....people getting shot and its usually blacks. Whites just get beat down, mostly...and call the police. Blacks don't take a beat down....without retaliation... and they come back and someone gets shots....or they come back down the next weekend and see the person who gave them a beat down and fire shots in that direction.
Atlanta has a big vibrant area as well, Midtown and Buckhead. "Downtown" Atlanta is where skid row is located. Midtown, Buckhead, Atlantic Station, and in Cobb County, the Battery is open. There are predominantly Black clubs and predominantly White clubs. At the same time, it isn't ultra segregated like Detroit. It can be, and at the same time, it's not rigid. This is the city of Atlanta I'm speaking of.

The thing, in Atlanta, you go Downtown Atlanta to see the Falcons, Hawks, or Atlanta United (soccer is big in Atlanta these days). You go everywhere else to party. So much of what you want to do is just north of Downtown. I've never gone Midtown or Buckhead and NOT seen Black people. Albeit, those are predominantly White areas.

The Atlanta Braves no longer play in Atlanta city limits, but the Cumberland area of Cobb County(where the Battery is). There are a few bars there, as well as stores and apartments. I went to one of the clubs there, and most of the fighting I saw was White on White. Probably alcohol-fueled. A White guy tried to picked a fight with me at one particular club. Another White guy stepped in to stop him(and no he wasn't a bouncer). The Battery attracts mainly Whites, but Blacks do go to the bars and clubs there. There is no set Black or White bar. You do whatever. You get out into the sticks (Paulding County, Carroll County, Haralson County), you get more of the "redneck" bars.

I haven't seen any of the mob violence in the Atlanta area that I'm hearing about from Minneapolis. Some of worst violence from Blacks in the area takes place in areas in south Atlanta (mainly the poorer areas or places bordering poor areas). One thing that is a huge problem is theft and break-ins. Car theft is rampant, so is bicycle theft (my bicycle was stolen in Atlanta while even though it was locked up).

There's alot of riff raff in Atlanta. However, I notice is that in the nicer parts of Atlanta, it is heavily policed. The MARTA stations have their own police. Oddly, I rarely saw police in SW Atlanta until something happened. One thing I have also noticed is the rampant homelessness in Atlanta. The APD had managed to get the murder rates down.

On the other hand, club shootings still take place in Atlanta. But as far as Blacks going into Midtown or Buckhead to attack Whites, that's something I've never seen. I know a White guy who got beaten up in poor Black neighborhood in Atlanta. But going to a nice area to search for Whites to beat up, that is something I've never seen, or at the very least, it's a rarity (no one should do that to anyone, period). And plenty of White people are in Midtown and Buckhead, as well as the Battery.

Old 09-20-2019, 01:46 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The Left doesn't care that a mob of their favored race attacks and robs a person from the race they hate.
Race baiting a hobby of yours?

Old 09-20-2019, 02:16 PM

Quote:
A mob called coming after me? Pop two of them and the aforementioned scattering occurs.
What if someone has a gun and uses it?

Old 09-20-2019, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Mob attacks weren't all that common in the Atlanta area, at least when I was there. At least compared to Minneapolis. However, I was the victim of a three guys attacking and robbing me. I was scared because it was night, I was alone, and I didn't know if any one of them had a gun. I could have hit one of them. It wouldn't have bee to my advantage. It was 3 vs 1. They were all bigger than me. If it's 3 of them vs 1, they could just use strength in numbers against you. If one of them has a gun, you'll need one too. I didn't have a gun, no guns allowed on a college campus, no guns allowed in the dorms.ng

And something else. What happened to me took place in the suburbs. I wasn't in a majority Black area. I was in a supposedly safe area. And they had a getaway car. Poor public transportation didn't stop them.

Trying to fight 3 on 1 is not practical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies