Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2019, 10:18 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,664,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
That is you projecting what you think it means. I'll stick to the facts on this one and let other people do the theorizing as to the "why". The fact is that young black males commit violent crime at like 10x the rate that young white, asian or even hispanic males do. Mostly against each other but they will target anybody they can gang up on 5 to 1 to rob or just beat up for fun. In Philadelphia public schools recently they cant keep the black kids from bullying and beating up on the Asian students (most of the white kids' parents were smart enough to get the hell out of there decades ago.)

People pointing out a difference want people to know there is a difference between the entities being juxtaposed. It's not me projecting. It's an attempt by some to make a statement against black people, or implicitly, a statement pro white people (as in "see how bad they are in comparison to whites"). When you put others down, intentionally or unintentionally, you are lifting yourself up implicitly.

This is what I also know. African Americans commit murder at multiple rates of Africans in Africa. Take an urban area like Accra, Ghana. The murder rate in Accra is probably 5 times, or more, less than the murder rate for African Americans overall. Show many any nation where blacks were oppressed by whites, via slavery or apartheid and I will show you a nation with high black rates of violence.

Hence, its not rates of violence among "blacks"....its the rate of violence among descendants of those enslaved in the same nation that have the high rates of violence. In this case they just happen to be "black" because that is who this nation enslaved and at least 85% of the blacks in this nation are descendants of enslaved Americans. The Africans immigrating to America from Africa....don't have high rates of violence. In African nations that are not in civil war or strife don't have high rates of violence. The maximum rule is that descendants of the enslaved exhibit higher rates of violence. Now....of course you probably don't want to make that connection.....but its clear. Look at the violence in the Caribbean, Brazil, South Africa, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2019, 10:40 AM

72,847 posts, read 62,291,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
This looks like an issue for......the citizens of Minneapolis.

Not my problem.

If they don't nip this and apparently they haven't, that area is going to suffer greatly decreased business. People with money to spend don't want to worry about getting beat up etc.

And people wonder why there isn't more business looking to open in the worst parts of many cities? Well gee, getting robbed or looted or having your customers chased off isn't exactly a winning business model is it?
Well, I feel like it's my problem. I don't live in Minneapolis, but I've considered moving there alot. I've applied for jobs in Minnesota. I can also say that this kind of violence is occurring in other cities, like Philadelphia and Chicago. Some mayhem occurred at the Wisconsin State Fair in 2011. It's bad because I've been jumped by a group by a group of people before.

Another reason is the embarrassment factor. I have to consider that Black males are already looked down on and not liked very much. This has been the case forever. Stuff like the attacks in DT Mpls will just give more fuel to a fire. It will give some people even more of a justification to say "see what those Blacks are like? This is why we don't want them around". That is one more problem I have to worry about.

This is not good for anyone. It's a public safety issue for many. And for me, it's also a problem for other reasons.

Old 09-24-2019, 11:44 AM

I mentioned earlier in the thread underclass Blacks vs middle /upper /working class Blacks. I ask this: Would there have been so much violence and mayhem if the majority of the Black population was middle/upper or workimg class Blacks instead of underclass types? I brought that up and so far, no answers. This tells me some people are here only to complain about Blacks as a whole.

I bring it up because I don't see middle class or upper class Blacks acting like that.

Old 09-24-2019, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I assume they’re all Somali refugees in Minnesota.
Actually, nearly all of the persons involved in that crime are Black Americans, born and raised in the USA.

Old 09-24-2019, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnifor View Post
None of the suspects in this incident are Somali. Obviously there are exceptions, but generally Somalis don't commit a lot of street crime in Minneapolis, and the crimes they do commit are usually against other Somalis.
It disturbs me alot as a Black American to admit this. Those were mainly Black Americans, born and raised in the USA who did that. Not much can be done about thugs of ANY race/ethnicity except to lock them up.

Old 09-24-2019, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
People pointing out a difference want people to know there is a difference between the entities being juxtaposed. It's not me projecting. It's an attempt by some to make a statement against black people, or implicitly, a statement pro white people (as in "see how bad they are in comparison to whites"). When you put others down, intentionally or unintentionally, you are lifting yourself up implicitly.

This is what I also know. African Americans commit murder at multiple rates of Africans in Africa. Take an urban area like Accra, Ghana. The murder rate in Accra is probably 5 times, or more, less than the murder rate for African Americans overall. Show many any nation where blacks were oppressed by whites, via slavery or apartheid and I will show you a nation with high black rates of violence.

Hence, its not rates of violence among "blacks"....its the rate of violence among descendants of those enslaved in the same nation that have the high rates of violence. In this case they just happen to be "black" because that is who this nation enslaved and at least 85% of the blacks in this nation are descendants of enslaved Americans. The Africans immigrating to America from Africa....don't have high rates of violence. In African nations that are not in civil war or strife don't have high rates of violence. The maximum rule is that descendants of the enslaved exhibit higher rates of violence. Now....of course you probably don't want to make that connection.....but its clear. Look at the violence in the Caribbean, Brazil, South Africa, etc.
I remember reading something about a British man who felt safer in a poor village in Ghana than a ghetto in Britain. That is saying alot.

Jamaica has tried very strict gun laws, but the murder rate is the highest outside of Central America. South Africa does have alot of violence, violence that rarely occurs in Ghana.

I watched a video about the violence in South Africa. Some White farmers felt safer living in much poorer, formerly war-ravaged Mozambiqe.

Old 09-24-2019, 05:10 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,056,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I remember reading something about a British man who felt safer in a poor village in Ghana than a ghetto in Britain. That is saying alot.

Jamaica hae.
It says Fake News are the most grotesque liars. Their narrative that all Western blacks are victims and that every one of their pale counterparts are evil...well this is what you get.

Old 09-24-2019, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
This is sad. But always pay attention to your surroundings. If your hanging out somewhere and you see a bunch of young black teens come around then its time to go. I'm black I would leave in heartbeat.
I'm Black and I wouldn't leave just because there were Black teens around. I'd look at their behavior first or how said persons carry themselves. I exercise this rule with all people regardless of race. Carry yourself in an aggressive, thug-wannabe kind of way, I go the other way. I don't care if you're Black, White, Hispanic,Asian,etc.

Old 09-24-2019, 07:43 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,469,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Liberals doing their thang.
This has nothing to do with liberalism. Should I take your naive comment to paint a picture of conservatism?

Old 09-24-2019, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
This has nothing to do with liberalism. Should I take your naive comment to paint a picture of conservatism?
Some people use that violent crime incident in Mpls as an opportunity to vent their hatred.

This stabbing happened in Boise, Idaho last year. Idaho is not a liberal state. Boise is far more conservative than Minneapolis. A man stabbed several people in a Boise apartment complex. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ees/748958002/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies