Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2019, 09:29 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times

Advertisements

Lots of angry name calling but the video shows a very large elephant in the living room -which posters are desperately attempting to dismiss
No easy task
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2019, 06:52 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Lots of angry name calling but the video shows a very large elephant in the living room -which posters are desperately attempting to dismiss
No easy task
What elephant in the room hasn't been discussed?
You can look through the thread and see many things discussed, probably the elephant you're talking about.

Old 09-27-2019, 07:48 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What elephant in the room hasn't been discussed?
You can look through the thread and see many things discussed, probably the elephant you're talking about.
It has to do with that "black flight" thing you seem to be okay with.

Old 09-27-2019, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
It has to do with that "black flight" thing you seem to be okay with.
1) How is Black flight from the Twin Cities contributing to the violence in Downtown?

2) How would you know said poster is even talking about Black flight? I ask him, not you.

Old 09-27-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
1) How is Black flight from the Twin Cities contributing to the violence in Downtown?

2) How would you know said poster is even talking about Black flight? I ask him, not you.
"Black flight" from Chicago TO the TC is the direct cause of the crime we now have in the TC.

A black coworker of mine (nice guy) told me this exact thing.

Old 09-27-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:
"Black flight" from Chicago TO the TC is the direct cause of the crime we now have in the TC.

A black coworker of mine (nice guy) told me this exact thing.
Well, I don't care who told you think. I've done more research and I have relatives who live in the Midwest. The "Black flight out of Chicago" hasn't had the same results for Minneapolis as it has for Atlanta. Atlanta has been getting a migration of Black Chicagoans. Atlanta is actually getting better. Minneapolis, well, the results haven't been the same. Ever consider that Atlanta has been a magnet for the Black middle class (especially black middle class people from NYC and Chicago) and Minneapolis has not? I think about that. But I don't expect you to think about that.

I also have to think about this. Minneapolis has also gotten a smaller migration of Black underclass from Milwaukee. On the flip side, Wisconsin as a state is experiencing a Black brain drain. Many Blacks who are among the talented, among the educated and hardworking, many are headed for cities like Charlotte and Atlanta. And some even go to Chicago. And while some middle class Blacks have moved to the Twin Cities, places like Charlotte, Atlanta, Dallas, etc, they are attracting far more of the Black middle class. Of course I don't expect you to think about that.

I keep hearing about the "deadbeats" and "welfare class" moving to the Twin Cities. However, you need to ask yourself this: If 95% of the Blacks moving to Minnesota were professionals/middle class/upper class, would there be so many problems? And considering the amenities and quality of life that the Twin Cities area is known for, why are more Black middle class Midwesterners choosing places like Charlotte,Dallas,Atlanta,Houston,etc pver the Twin Cities? And do not bring up the cold weather. Cold weather was never a deterrent for hard working Blacks in the past.

I bring this up because this is exceedingly an UNDERCLASS problem.

Old 09-27-2019, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Well, I don't care who t why are more Black middle class Midwesterners choosing places like Charlotte,Dallas,Atlanta,Houston,etc pver the Twin Cities? And do not bring up the cold weather. Cold weather was never a deterrent for hard working Blacks in the past.

Underclass are coming here for the welfare. That's a dead FACT. And unfortunately this is attracting undesirables. Moreover, why do so many refugees get sent here? You think Somalian want to freeze to death 3 months out of year? Try again.

Old 09-27-2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Well, I don't care who told you think. I've done more research and I have relatives who live in the Midwest. The "Black flight out of Chicago" hasn't had the same results for Minneapolis as it has for Atlanta. Atlanta has been getting a migration of Black Chicagoans. Atlanta is actually getting better. Minneapolis, well, the results haven't been the same. Ever consider that Atlanta has been a magnet for the Black middle class (especially black middle class people from NYC and Chicago) and Minneapolis has not? I think about that. But I don't expect you to think about that.

I also have to think about this. Minneapolis has also gotten a smaller migration of Black underclass from Milwaukee. On the flip side, Wisconsin as a state is experiencing a Black brain drain. Many Blacks who are among the talented, among the educated and hardworking, many are headed for cities like Charlotte and Atlanta. And some even go to Chicago. And while some middle class Blacks have moved to the Twin Cities, places like Charlotte, Atlanta, Dallas, etc, they are attracting far more of the Black middle class. Of course I don't expect you to think about that.

I keep hearing about the "deadbeats" and "welfare class" moving to the Twin Cities. However, you need to ask yourself this: If 95% of the Blacks moving to Minnesota were professionals/middle class/upper class, would there be so many problems? And considering the amenities and quality of life that the Twin Cities area is known for, why are more Black middle class Midwesterners choosing places like Charlotte,Dallas,Atlanta,Houston,etc pver the Twin Cities? And do not bring up the cold weather. Cold weather was never a deterrent for hard working Blacks in the past.

How many of those gentlemen that almost turned dude to a vegetable have roots I Chicago??? I'd literally bet all of them, save for maybe a few.

Old 09-27-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:
How many of those gentlemen that almost turned dude to a vegetable have roots I Chicago??? I'd literally bet all of them, save for maybe a few.
And what if they were born and raised in Minnesota? What then?

And you still didn't answer any of my questions. Unless you are just not interested. If you're not interested in the rest of my questions, just say so and move along.

Old 09-27-2019, 02:55 PM

Quote:
And what if they were born and raised in Minnesota? What then?

And you still didn't answer any of my questions. Unless you are just not interested. If you're not interested in the rest of my questions, just say so and move along.
I wasn't born yesterday. And guess what? My sis is county probation officer (400 "clirnts") and her hubby is a parole officer.

I know more than you'd like me to know abo about the situation. Vast majority of inner city criminals here from Chicago ....dead cold fact, my friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies