Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2019, 02:28 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,656,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Nice try backing out of your post.

The Twin Cities is kind of diverse - the state is about 85% white, but the Twin Cities is not the state.

It says a lot about you what you posted. But it's nothing I didn't know.

I don't back out of anything I have said. You obviously must have read something into it that was from your imagination. Maybe you are seeing what you fear. Maybe you don't like black guys dating white women (your fear) and you think that is what I am really all about. I prefer black women....I have more in common with them and I love many things about them. However, if you put me in a room with Chinese women....I am sure that I will find one that I would not mind spending my time with. Replace Chinese with any race or ethnicity and the same is true. As long as I have a choice, however, I am going to go with what fits me the best....which is a black women. That does not mean every black women....however. There are some white women that I might have more in common with that some black women. However, its like my wife.....her folks are from in the south where my folks are from. When I went to research my family history there...she researched hers. We have so much in common its almost like we are related. However, some people are attracted to difference. They want something exotic or think the grass is greener on the other side. Me....I go with what I know I like.....don't really need to look elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2019, 02:38 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,052,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I don't back out of anything I have said. You obviously must have read something into it that was from your imagination. Maybe you are seeing what you fear. Maybe you don't like black guys dating white women (your fear) and you think that is what I am really all about. I prefer black women....I have more in common with them and I love many things about them. However, if you put me in a room with Chinese women....I am sure that I will find one that I would not mind spending my time with. Replace Chinese with any race or ethnicity and the same is true. As long as I have a choice, however, I am going to go with what fits me the best....which is a black women. That does not mean every black women....however. There are some white women that I might have more in common with that some black women. However, its like my wife.....her folks are from in the south where my folks are from. When I went to research my family history there...she researched hers. We have so much in common its almost like we are related. However, some people are attracted to difference. They want something exotic or think the grass is greener on the other side. Me....I go with what I know I like.....don't really need to look elsewhere.
The Twin Cities is filled with diverse women...Asian, Latino,black, African, Indian, and yes, white. The first one that came to your mind?

Yeah..

Old 10-01-2019, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The good does outweigh the bad in the Twin Cities. Higher quality of life relative to some places. I don't do much clubbing these days anyway. At 33 years old, most places aren't worth it. I could be in Downtown Minneapolis at 1 AM for one specific reason, a baseball game. Target Field is in the Downtown. I don't have a huge addiction to women. It is nice to be around nice people, women included. After a certain hour, I go home because it's too loud and the drunks are more aggressive. I've rarely ever known how to spot quality women. My experience with bars/clubs in Midtown Atlanta has been this. Alot of stuck-up females.

Minneapolis has alot of lakes, and that's a good thing. There would would be plenty of places outside of Downtown I would be going to. And then St. Paul is next door. Fitzgerald Theatre is there. St. Paul Winter Carnival. Plenty of things to get into and it wouldn't involve getting into trouble. I also like getting into the outdoors. Minnesota would actually be perfect for me (along with places like Colorado, Montana, New Mexico, Utah, Idaho, Washington, Oregon,Alaska,etc).

Minneapolis has some issues regarding crime in Downtown and the City Council should get its head out of its butt and do something. At the same time, Minneapolis still has a better quality of life than several other cities.

As for Atlanta, I'll sum it up like this. Atlanta evokes prestige. It's considered the new capital of Black America. I'll given Atlanta credit on this: It is attracting a Black middle class. On the other hand, I feel like Atlanta can be overrated. It's an okay city, some good things about it, but there are other places I could live.

As for the Twin Cities, I'll say this. An area being 85% White doesn't bother me. It's all about how I fit within that area. I've been in situations where I was the only Black guy there. Not going to stop me. I learned a long time ago that if there are certain things you want, certain places you want to be, get over the fact that you might be the only Black guy there. Just do whatever you want.

Yeah....you sound like you are on a good path and a good brother. Whatever place you chose, I am rooting for you bro. You and I are a lot a like, deep down. You are 33. No kids. No wife. Nothing tying you down fam. Take some calculated risk. Send out some resumes to some 3M, Pillsbury, United Health Care, General Mills or other local companies and shoot your shot. You don't like it them try one of the other cities on your list. You are young and you don't want to have regrets later about "what if I had of....". The economy is good now....perfect time for risk taking.

Remember....you iz free nown! You can move around freely.

Old 10-01-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
The Twin Cities is filled with diverse women...Asian, Latino,black, African, Indian, and yes, white. The first one that came to your mind?

Yeah..

LOL....because its more white women than any other kind of women....lol.....and because that was what Chris Rock said in his stand up comedy.

Drop a dart from the sky down upon the twin cities.....the probability is greatest that if a women is struck....it will be a white women. That is how probability works.

Old 10-01-2019, 06:21 PM

72,842 posts, read 62,239,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Yeah....you sound like you are on a good path and a good brother. Whatever place you chose, I am rooting for you bro. You and I are a lot a like, deep down. You are 33. No kids. No wife. Nothing tying you down fam. Take some calculated risk. Send out some resumes to some 3M, Pillsbury, United Health Care, General Mills or other local companies and shoot your shot. You don't like it them try one of the other cities on your list. You are young and you don't want to have regrets later about "what if I had of....". The economy is good now....perfect time for risk taking.

Remember....you iz free nown! You can move around freely.
Thank you. I feel like now is the time to build. Nothing to tie me down. All I have to do is keeping working. I am looking for jobs related to my field. I have applied to jobs in Minnesota, Kansas, Colorado, etc. I've made it a goal to travel more. I'm going to make sure that if there are things I plan on doing, places I plan on going to, I'll go there. I'll worry about women later.

Old 10-01-2019, 06:23 PM

Freudian slip...and all that...

Old 10-01-2019, 06:25 PM

72,842 posts, read 62,239,946 times
Quote:
Freudian slip...and all that...
What Freudian slip? What are you talking about in terms of Minneapolis?

Old 10-01-2019, 06:32 PM

Quote:
What Freudian slip? What are you talking about in terms of Minneapolis?
I'm talking about a post your friend made singling g out particular group of fdmales.

Old 10-01-2019, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Thank you. I feel like now is the time to build. Nothing to tie me down. All I have to do is keeping working. I am looking for jobs related to my field. I have applied to jobs in Minnesota, Kansas, Colorado, etc. I've made it a goal to travel more. I'm going to make sure that if there are things I plan on doing, places I plan on going to, I'll go there. I'll worry about women later.
Chase your dreams and women will be attracted to your hustle.....thinking you might strike gold. It’s best to find the one in the process of you doing you. Just takes patience.

Old 10-01-2019, 08:21 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,406,103 times
Quote:
Or maybe not at all. Do you want children, if I may ask?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies