Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 11:10 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,132,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
It is obvious at this point that the oil attacks in Saudi Arabia were coordinated by Iran. This has caused a spike in oil prices all over the world. The only thing Trump has done is order more sanctions on Iran.

But isn't this an act or war which calls for military action on Iran? It looks to me like Iran has crossed a red line here.
Trump is handling it appropriately. Sorry, but I don't want to start WW3 just because of what a different country did to another different country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2019, 11:16 AM

15,817 posts, read 6,523,439 times
DT created this situation with Iran. Whether the current state of affairs is what he expected, I can't say. Thus far Iran has carefully avoided attacking the U.S. directly, which is cunning on their part.

Old 09-19-2019, 11:19 AM

1,710 posts, read 1,462,029 times
My conspiracy theory with the Saudi oil strikes is it was the Saudis. The damage was minimal, production was back up within 48 hours and I dont believe anyone was hurt. Reason? Sanctions on Iran and keep Iranian oil off the global market.

However, If it were the Iranians....It would cause retaliation and strengthen the position of the government which is under pressure from the people from Iran.

Either wouldn't surprise me.

Old 09-19-2019, 11:21 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,447,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
How many wars Trump has started:0.
Trump is acting and talking like he is in the Saudi's pocket. If he wasn't doing that no one would be concerned, but he is doing that, so we are concerned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
They call EVERY Republican a war monger, a racist, etc.
The Republican party has always portrayed itself as strong on national defense, and accused the Democrats of being weak on national defense.

Do you deny this?

The Republican party has always been in favor of bloating the Pentagon budget, is that not correct? It's the old 'guns and butter' public policy debate, it has gone on seemingly forever.

Under G W Bush the official policy was to ready the country to be able to fight two small wars simultaneously. I have no doubt that this was simply intended to be an excuse to raise the defense budget so that defense contractors could get fat on contracts, but they wound up getting us into two wars anyway.

To a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Old 09-19-2019, 11:21 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,534,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
He's the one who's created the crisis in the first place. The middle east was on it's way to being a much safer place until we backed out of the agreement with Iran.

If I've said it once, I've said it a dozen times - Iran is who we should be siding with when given the choice of Saudi or Iran. They're young, nominally democratic, once you get rid of the Mullahs, and generally far more liberal than the terrorist extremist Saudis. Don't forget where all the WTC bombers are from, both times. It wasn't Iran...
Exactly. All of this is his own fault. Imagine if the idiot hadn't pulled out of the deal with Iran where would we be now!

Old 09-19-2019, 11:23 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,749,142 times
It’s a good thing, I hope we do help them, but not actively involved in a war. Like China and Korea.

Old 09-19-2019, 11:34 AM

15,817 posts, read 6,523,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
It’s a good thing, I hope we do help them, but not actively involved in a war. Like China and Korea.
I'm hopeful that the 2018 massive oil and gas find in Texas/New Mexico will make it unnecessary for us to fight new wars in the Middle East, at least for the near future.

https://www.usgs.gov/news/usgs-annou...and-new-mexico

At this point we should be able to just sit back and manage the situation over there; letting the various tribes fight each other as long as there are no major ISIL-like incursions. Terrorists will still need to be dealt with, of course.

Old 09-19-2019, 11:54 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,534,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Trump has demonstrated his ability to intelligently judge a situation and apply appropriate action many times before.

Liberals and haters cannot distinguish degrees of an issue, only see things in extremes.

Because they declared trump an idiot, war monger who wants to start a war, they become confused by their own propaganda.
LMAO, name one instance where he intelligently judged a situation and applied appropriate action.

Old 09-19-2019, 11:58 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,960,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Trump has demonstrated his ability to intelligently judge a situation and apply appropriate action many times before.
Shenanigans. We're merely lucky that this is a situation where dithering and inability to decide actually has a beneficial outcome.

Old 09-19-2019, 01:48 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,280,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Does anybody else think that Trump is displaying extreme restraint with Iran?

Trump needs a tramp stamp with MbS in big gothic letters on it.
But what would he do with the one that says VVP?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies