Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2019, 03:49 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times

Advertisements

We need more teens doing the same thing. Too many unwanted kids out there already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2019, 03:53 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
It has been going on for quite some time in case you haven't noticed. Schools tend to promote values that are considered correct. Many times they match parents' views, anyway. It's not that schools are reeducation camps or anything, but of course they promote certain values deemed positive for society. And since kids tend to spend a lot of time at schools, it matters. Many kids spend more time at school than with their parents.
They may, but your idea of social indoctrination from some magical Progressive is very flawed. I really would not want a self identified Progressive like a Harvey Weinstein, Borak Obama/Louis Farrakhan, Linda Sasuer, Hillary Clinton, or any other miscreant teaching anyone in my family. The Democrat Hero's of the party are so flawed I wouldn't want them or some that admires them keeping and eye on my dog.

Old 09-24-2019, 06:54 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 1 day ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
No I'm not. Political leanings are usually passed down from parents to kids by example. I never claimed anything about genetics, so I don't know why people keep making that point.
The reason people keep making it (or at least why I made it) is that 9 times out of 10, when it comes to the "have kids or not issue", it connotes passing on genes and evolution in general.

You're right to a great degree when you say political leanings are usually passed down from parents to kids, although I'd argue that the immediate peer culture can be more important. In small towns, the larger community culture is more important. In both cases, each group or subgroup serves as a counterexample to the parents beliefs.

Old 09-24-2019, 07:47 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
I wonder how many of those kids are Conservative Catholics! You know, the waiting until you are married to have kids thing!

Old 09-24-2019, 09:58 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
I wonder how many of those kids are Conservative Catholics! You know, the waiting until you are married to have kids thing!
"Conservative Catholics"? The Pope is an open border Progressive, who is a believer in human caused climate change.

Old 09-25-2019, 02:55 AM

513 posts, read 541,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Sounds good to me.. if they are that stupid to believe in climate change they should not have children and pass on stupidity onto the masses.
If they really believed their propaganda they should start by euthanizing themselves en masse.....

How much better off the world would without their dead weight of privilege

Old 09-25-2019, 09:48 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatTheFox View Post
LOL! The excitement of Conservatives in their posts is laughable. I guess they really dream of a world where only they exist. Wonder who they'll blame for all their short comings.
LOL, as you've displayed they are really getting to you. So sad.

Old 09-25-2019, 11:04 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
This is good. The parents won't have to support both their own kids and the grandkids. At least they won't be babysitters either.

Old 09-25-2019, 11:47 AM

20,330 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Dream on, that is not the way it works. The damaging influence of parents is usually neutralized by schools.
In what way were your children neutralized?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies