Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2019, 11:13 AM

18,725 posts, read 7,604,328 times

Advertisements

For once the liberals (in and out of the media) are right. The President did indeed say something controversial to a foreign leader when he thought nobody but the leader was listening.

And they are justly outraged over it.

Or are they?

What should we do about this?

------------------------------------------------

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-n...82P0JI20120326

Obama tells Russia's Medvedev more flexibility after election
MARCH 26, 2012 / 5:51 AM / 7 YEARS AGO

SEOUL (Reuters) - President Barack Obama was caught on camera on Monday assuring outgoing Russian President Dmitry Medvedev that he will have “more flexibility” to deal with contentious issues like missile defense after the U.S. presidential election.

Obama, during talks in Seoul, urged Moscow to give him “space” until after the November ballot, and Medvedev said he would relay the message to incoming Russian president Vladimir Putin.

The unusually frank exchange came as Obama and Medvedev huddled together on the eve of a global nuclear security summit in the South Korean capital, unaware their words were being picked up by microphones as reporters were led into the room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2019, 11:21 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,584,931 times
You started a thread to carry on about a decade-old vague (and self-evident) suggestion that a President would have more latitude to negotiate after an election without actually making any promise or agreement - why?

To deflect from the current President actually making an agreement affecting our national security that the Inspector General deemed to be so concerning and "urgent" that he alerted Congress and the Director of National Intelligence and that apparently "involves something more sinister, something involving a serious or flagrant abuse or violation of law or misappropriation" and "that this needs to be looked into"? Really?

Old 09-20-2019, 11:42 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,113,468 times
Im not gonna lie, you had me on the first half..

Old 09-20-2019, 12:12 PM

Q: What's the difference between the stories of what Obama said, and what Trumps supposedly said?

A: You can hear what Obama said on tape. You can only get third- and fourth-hand stories about Trump, from the usual anonymous sources.

Old 09-20-2019, 12:20 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,584,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Q: What's the difference between the stories of what Obama said, and what Trumps supposedly said?
Answer: Obama there was a greater chance that he might make a promise in the future. Trump apparently actually made a promise.

Alternative Answer: The Obama administration didn't direct the Director of National Intelligence to violate the law and hide Obama's statement from the American public and Congressional oversight.

Alternative Answer 2: Neither a whistleblower nor an Inspector General believed that Obama's statement was of such "urgent" concern and a sufficient threat to national security such that the Director of National Intelligence and Congress needed to be alerted.

Old 09-20-2019, 05:32 PM

Still nothing but third-hand reports about President Trump's supposed "promise". No specifics, no details, no one will admit to being the source.

(yawn)

Old 09-21-2019, 01:11 AM

13,211 posts, read 21,825,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post

A: You can hear what Obama said on tape. You can only get third- and fourth-hand stories about Trump, from the usual anonymous sources.
Trump was in the middle of negotiations to build a hotel in Moscow during the election. And he LIED about it. There is simply nothing comparable in the history of this country. It's unbelievable.

But sure, investigate Obama all you want, with my blessings. I couldn't care less. You won't find a damn thing and you know it.

Can you say the same about Trump?

Old 09-21-2019, 01:14 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,510,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Trump was in the middle of negotiations to build a hotel in Moscow during the election. And he LIED about it. There is simply nothing comparable in the history of this country. It's unbelievable.

But sure, investigate Obama all you want, with my blessings. I couldn't care less. You won't find a damn thing and you know it.

Can you say the same about Trump?
Well Mueller certainly didn't.
My how the lefties were pinning their hopes on that sucker.
Guess they'll just have to fight the next election on an even playing field just like everyone else.

Old 09-21-2019, 01:43 AM

13,211 posts, read 21,825,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Well Mueller certainly didn't.
My how the lefties were pinning their hopes on that sucker.
Guess they'll just have to fight the next election on an even playing field just like everyone else.
Nobody in, "pinning their hopes" on anything. Everyone knows he did it, and your party doesn't care. You have fallen for a fascist con man.

Old 09-21-2019, 03:47 AM

4,901 posts, read 2,055,276 times
Trump has his issues and to be honest, I think he's basically doing a good job. The Left and the severely Left leaning media really need to be careful since everytime they report that they got Trump, it turns out to be a big nothing.

This alone is destroying the creditabilityof the American media circle since most of America do not believe anything that they're reporting on Trump. If it was more balanced and fair, I'd be willing to listen, but I basically now have blinders on.

Because of this, if the elections were held today, I'd vote for Trump... I was kind of leaning towards Biden, but he's too old and not as sharp as he was 10-15 years ago. I simply cannot turn a blind eye away from his lack of mental focusing abilities... Plus, his dirty dealings in both China and in the Ukraine, where his son made millions, if not billions by him using his office of VP and flying in on Air Force 2. Warren is a joke and will attack the middle-class with a serious tax increase... Which is a fact. Harris is basically the same as Warren, but with less energy.

The sad thing is that if Trump does do something illegal, I wouldn't believe it since the media has zero creditability anymore and that's a shame since it was their job to be the finders of the truth, not pushing their agenda onto the low information Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies