Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2019, 06:30 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
When, and what was the last important piece of legislation voted on by both branches of congress?
I can't even think of the last time, let alone what it was.
Gee how could that be? Oh yes - Moscow Mitch is blocking every piece of legislation that the House passes on to the Senate if his Lord & Master in the White House doesn't like it. Neatly turning the Senate from a legislative chamber and into a extension of the executive branch.

In other words, not doing his job as a lawmaker nor his duty under the Constitution.

Old 09-23-2019, 06:39 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
They are like Captain Ahab going after the great white whale, Moby Dic. They are diagnosably obsessed. And just as it was with Ahab and the whale, Trump will take them down.

Old 09-23-2019, 06:55 PM

218 posts, read 214,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
At this point it doesn't matter.

What difference does Party make to a pseudo Dictator?
What law can a President not break anymore?
What law is a President bound too, seems Presidents can do what they want.

If you combine all the executive power collected by Clinton, Obama, and Trump, you nearly have complete federal control. Add in the courts which usually give deference to the executive branch, and a weak congress regardless of leadership in either party, and we nearly have a North Korea problem on our hands.

I guarantee Trump could unilaterally start a war and still remain in office. And the Democrat that follows him could do the same with the same result, nothing. Americans better start looking at principles and not Party or risk losing a country.
Rep this...Dem that...agreed that Americans have been distracted by mere party names over key policies. There's no going back now though. What's done is done and after this next election it's every man/womans game. Might as well take away the U.S. presidential eligibility legislation. Times have definitely changed..

Old 09-23-2019, 07:54 PM

8,553 posts, read 10,975,842 times
Most posting think I am trying to cover for the President.
Well, I am not.
I couldn't care what party is ni the white house, the fact is, the dem controlled house is involved to much in worthless investigations, and not doing the job we voters elected them to do.
They have a country to run, and are doing a damned poor job of it.

Why hasn't a health care bill been put forth by the house?
Why has the daca issue been forgotten?
Why hasn't the southern border been secured?
Where is the money for rebuilding this country's infrastructure?
Why hasn't voter reform been mentioned in the house?
These are just a few of the important issues being ignored, while these worthless, time and money consuming witch hunts are taking place.

This infighting between parties is getting this country nowhere, and the congress needs to stop this BS once and for all, and get back to legislating, which is what we are paying them to do.

Bob.

Old 09-23-2019, 08:16 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,103,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
They are like Captain Ahab going after the great white whale, Moby Dic. They are diagnosably obsessed. And just as it was with Ahab and the whale, Trump will take them down.

Hmmmm. So Hillary (A seriously flawed candidate) wins the popular vote and trump wins the electoral college, and that’s a big win??? Riiiiiight.

Oh Yeah, Illegal voting blah blah blah. Just keep doing what you’re doing.

Old 09-23-2019, 08:39 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
PLEASE let them lose, the wretched insanity, anger and gnashing of teeth will be both
hilarious and ridiculous.

Old 09-24-2019, 07:23 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Talking Now you know!

Quote:
I believe the dems will lose big time in the 2020 election, if they continue wanting to investigate the President.
They are so wrapped up in investigations, that it leaves no time for them to be adopting, and voting on important issues facing the country.
When, and what was the last important piece of legislation voted on by both branches of congress?
I can't even think of the last time, let alone what it was.
The Dem house has been passing plenty of legislation and sending it to the senate, where your boy Moscow Mitch sits on it and won't even allow a vote.
Quote:
The dems are absolutely going to lose unless they stop all this stupid investigations business, and buckle down and start working for the people who voted them into office.
Nothing is happening on health care, immigration, the DACA fiasco, the budget, just to name a few.
The house is so wrapped up in impeachment, abuse of authority, obstruction of justice etc, nothing is being done, that really matters to the citizens of this country.

Bob.
"Investigations" you say...

Allow me to mention...

...Benghazi.

Carry on.

Old 09-24-2019, 12:57 PM

8,553 posts, read 10,975,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The Dem house has been passing plenty of legislation and sending it to the senate, where your boy Moscow Mitch sits on it and won't even allow a vote.
"Investigations" you say...

Allow me to mention...

...Benghazi.

Carry on.

Benghazi, one investigation.
Just look at the news in any form, and see how many dem investigations are currently in play, not to mention the Mueller one which spent millions of dollars, and over two years, with not one certifiable indictment of the president resulting from that investigation.
These looser liberals won't stop util the president is dead.
Once aging I will ask, why isn't the dem controlled house taking up immigration, daca, health care, infrastructure,?
These are the main issues the congress needs to address and solve.
These proposals start in the house, and move on, but nothing worthwhile is being done in the house.
The real issues that matter, are being ignored in the house, because of all these stupid investigations, with no seemingly end to them.
Bob.

Old 09-24-2019, 01:02 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Quote:
Just look at the news in any form, and see how many dem investigations are currently in play, not to mention the Mueller one which spent millions of dollars, and over two years, with not one certifiable indictment of the president resulting from that investigation.

Bob.
Millions were spent on Benghazi and no indictments, as opposed to multiple indictments, convictions and pleas that came out of the Mueller investigation. You can choose to be blind to facts but the rest of us are not obligated to close our eyes.

Old 09-24-2019, 02:13 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Pubs sure got a lot of mileage out of that one.
Quote:
Conveniently ignoring the DOJ "will not indict a sitting prez" policy, strictly enforced by the most corrupt, hyperpartisan AG in history.
Quote:
Once aging I will ask, why isn't the dem controlled house taking up immigration, daca, health care, infrastructure,?
I already schooled you in the previous post. And other posters have pointed it out to you, also.
Quote:
These are the main issues the congress needs to address and solve.
These proposals start in the house, and move on, but nothing worthwhile is being done in the house.
I get it! You're immune to information.
Quote:
The real issues that matter, are being ignored in the house, because of all these stupid investigations, with no seemingly end to them.
Bob.
Address your concerns to Moscow Mitch.

He wants to hear from you.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies