Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2019, 10:05 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,412,060 times

Advertisements

I was part of the clean up for the Pentagon. Yes, it was a large frame commercial airliner that hit the building.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2019, 10:05 AM

28,667 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I will grant you that there were undoubtedly cover-ups. Any big event that leads to scrutiny of large institutions will have people scrambling to cover poorly done duty and other transgressions - even unrelated ones. It's a statistical certainty that some of the government institutions whose performance was analyzed weren't running 100% by the book on 9/10, and a lot of people would be busy making themselves look better in the days following. Human nature.
Yes, this.

Without a doubt, multiple people didn't catch on as quickly as they might have. Multiple people didn't notice things they should have. Multiple people didn't react quite as quickly as they could have. Most of those people, to some extent, are going to cover their asses rather than admit mea culpa. That's the extent of "cover up."

Old 09-23-2019, 10:22 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,868,942 times
Perception control (following manipulation) is absoFKNlutly tantaFKNmount.

Some people are offended by it, while others are exhilarated by it, like you wouldn't believe.

Sirius-ly.

Old 09-23-2019, 10:29 AM

6,224 posts, read 3,408,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Whatever it was they let it hit it. That's the more important point.

And just who is 'they'?

Old 09-23-2019, 10:33 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Yes, about a 1000 people watched it crash into the building. I have met several and worked with a few who watched it crash.

In case you are not familiar with DC, at that time of the day, traffic sucks, thousands up people creeping on the highway, numerous people stuck in traffic and walking around the area watched the plane hit the building.

Crisis actors, duh. Just like the "parents" from Newtown. Alex Jones said so...

Old 09-23-2019, 10:36 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
I was part of the clean up for the Pentagon. Yes, it was a large frame commercial airliner that hit the building.
Photos show no debris field like any other large frame commercial airliner that crashes
It was almost pristine in comparison
I think it was a missile strike
But not airliner
No body parts in any of the photos
This was not a crash
Say what you will...

Old 09-23-2019, 11:39 AM

2,898 posts, read 1,868,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Because some people dont trust politicians and govt employees to tell the truth. And said govt employees don't further their cause by conducting public affairs in private and withholding information, which in turn leads to further speculation and theorizing.
You can either blindly drink the kool aid or ask whats in it before making up your mind to consume it.
I don't trust politicians

I more or less don't trust the government

I am very open to listening to or buying into conspiracies.

The Pentagon was in fact hit by a hijacked airliner

It happened for a few reasons, here are some;
The cold war was over, we were not alert like we were, we became complacent.
We had an extremely small amount of combat ready fighters on alert (like 8 for the entire country).
We had a failure of imagination.
There was a massive cluster-F of confusion between civilian air traffic control and military control (this has been fixed now).
A complete communication breakdown between various authorities.
The timeline for all this to happen was relatively quick and with all the confusion even if we figured it all out probably couldn't have stopped it once it started.
This was all before everyone had smart phones, social media, smart cameras, HDTV, etc.. it was amazing to say but a different era.
Etc..

It happened.

There were mangled parts of the airplane including landing gear pulled out of the Pentagon. It was a plane not a missile.

I'll listen all day to ignored warnings in the Clinton administration and the bush administration.

But the attacks themselves went down as reported.

Look up "able danger"

Old 09-23-2019, 11:43 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Photos show no debris field like any other large frame commercial airliner that crashes
It was almost pristine in comparison
I think it was a missile strike
But not airliner
This was not a crash
Say what you will...
Morons abound.

An aluminum pipe traveling at speed hits an immovable object turns to confetti.

Live on your CT planet.

Old 09-23-2019, 12:11 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Plenty of body parts in the prosecutor's exhibits. Not going to link here.

Old 09-23-2019, 12:16 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Again, the problem is saying "Reality does not meet my expectations" without questioning your expectations. This was what the NTSB in their disinterested way call "Controlled flight into terrain", and that tends to pretty much shred aircraft - they are, after all, built as light as possible.

Look at the remnants of flight 9525, for instance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies