Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2019, 12:46 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times

Advertisements

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...ahu/ar-AAHG5at

Very interesting to see how this will unfold.

It's not that Israeli Arabs love Gantz, it's that they are sick of Netanyahu.

Maybe in order for there to be a two-state solution, there will have to be a two-religion state?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2019, 02:25 PM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
I actually think this will help usher Israel toward a third election, with the end result being the left losing ground. No non-Arab party has agreed to actually join together with the Arab parties (note the Arab parties refuse to recognize Israel's borders as they exist today, which is anathema to most in Israel); in fact, Blue and White has expressly stated they will not form a government with the Ara List. And Liberman has stated that he will only accept a unity government between his party, Blue and White, and Likud.

Still, while this recommendation by the Arab List is historic, it is neither an agreement to participate as voting members in the future government nor to actually vote for Blue and White leadership when it comes time to try to form a government. But it is the kiss of death to the left in my view.

Old 09-22-2019, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I actually think this will help usher Israel toward a third election, with the end result being the left losing ground. No non-Arab party has agreed to actually join together with the Arab parties (note the Arab parties refuse to recognize Israel's borders as they exist today, which is anathema to most in Israel); in fact, Blue and White has expressly stated they will not form a government with the Ara List. And Liberman has stated that he will only accept a unity government between his party, Blue and White, and Likud.

Still, while this recommendation by the Arab List is historic, it is neither an agreement to participate as voting members in the future government nor to actually vote for Blue and White leadership when it comes time to try to form a government. But it is the kiss of death to the left in my view.
How many times do you think this election should be redone in order to get the result you prefer?

I think it was obvious even before the first election that the problem in Israel is the same as the problem in the US and in Great Britain. Citizens of these countries are deeply and nearly evenly divided. Holding more elections is not likely to change that.

Old 09-22-2019, 06:27 PM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
How many times do you think this election should be redone in order to get the result you prefer?

I think it was obvious even before the first election that the problem in Israel is the same as the problem in the US and in Great Britain. Citizens of these countries are deeply and nearly evenly divided. Holding more elections is not likely to change that.
As many times as it takes.

I think at some point it will become clear who is stalling progress here and something will budge. At this point, it is the Blue and White leader, who refuses to share the prime ministership with Netanyahu.

But I think that the Arab List announcement here would be a game changer in favor of Likud in the event of a third election.

Old 09-25-2019, 04:12 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
We'll see what happens as Netanyahu has been tasked with forming the next government.

Quote:
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has been chosen by President Reuven Rivlin to form Israel’s next government, it was announced Wednesday.
https://www.jewishpress.com/news/isr...nt/2019/09/25/

Old 09-25-2019, 04:25 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
As many times as it takes.

I think at some point it will become clear who is stalling progress here and something will budge. At this point, it is the Blue and White leader, who refuses to share the prime ministership with Netanyahu.

But I think that the Arab List announcement here would be a game changer in favor of Likud in the event of a third election.
Blue and White leader shouldn’t have to budge.

Netanyahu has been in there 10 years and is about to be indicted for corruption.

Wanting to hang in at any cost is not democratic and reeks of an autocrat. Get that trash out of there and get some fresh leadership in.

Netanyahu’s plan A of winning a majority to pass an immunity bill for himself is even more disgustingly undemocratic.

Old 09-25-2019, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
We'll see what happens as Netanyahu has been tasked with forming the next government.

https://www.jewishpress.com/news/isr...nt/2019/09/25/
So he is going to keep on trying to do what he hasn't been able to do for the past 5(?) months.

Well, we'll see how that works out.

I don't see what motive Gantz would have to budge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies