Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2019, 08:53 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,744,096 times

Advertisements

This should teach people not to steal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2019, 08:56 PM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
This should teach people not to steal
The thug who robbed this store will never commit another crime.

Old 09-25-2019, 08:59 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,008,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
Obviously your "trap door" idea can't be taken even remotely seriously. It would be easy for me to request that if you can't come up with even remotely realistic solutions then perhaps you shouldn't even participate, but I'm not "that guy". Everyone knows that basements are all but a few of the major metros are simply not realistic (e.g. slab construction that is so prevalent in many/most areas). Forget having one deep enough to have enough peanuts to prevent injury (foam blocks would be far preferable anyway, peanuts would compact once with a single use and would have to be replaced to be effective).

Let's get real, trap doors are a joke. The real solution would be to have electrified ceiling nets that can quickly drop ON TOP of a perp. The vast majority of commercial/industrial settings have either a drop ceiling or exposed ceilings with plenty of room for such a mechanism. Since they are wired for lighting at a minimum, having the nets electrified would be simple and cost effective. The net prevents them from escaping and disorients them, the electric shock neutralizes them as a threat (e.g. taser).

Next time keep do try to keep your fairy tale "solutions" to yourself while the rest of us continue having serious discussion on real world answers to these complex problems. I apologize if I seem a bit "short", but saving even a single privilegely challenged individuals life I think is worth it.
OK, I'm open to looking at alternatives to shipping peanuts. Don't they have foam balls and such at place like Chuck E Cheese so that kids can fall in and not get hurt?

I'm open to the idea of electrified nets as well.

Old 09-25-2019, 09:00 PM

18,453 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Many lawsuits are filed without having much of the case. The whole idea is to get a settlement without even going to court.

If stores like this would adopt my idea of having a button-activated trap door, to drop would-be robbers into an underground room, there would be no lawsuits necessary. You could have a locked room with a couple yards worth of of shipping 'peanuts' on the floor so that there would be no injury. Then you just dial 911, and take the police downstairs to collect the perp and take him off to jail.
Hmm. Where have I seen this idea before?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxn9WC0GqWA

But sometimes accidents happen and its not so safe...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P9NbEWFnzZQ

Old 09-25-2019, 09:02 PM

The clerk solved the problem already.

Very efficiently, in just a minute or two.

Problem gone.

Old 09-25-2019, 09:15 PM

2,981 posts, read 1,746,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
The clerk solved the problem already.

Very efficiently, in just a minute or two.

Problem gone.
Yeah, I much prefer the employees solution to the problem instead of some stupid goddamn trap door... only a ****ing idiot would suggest such a thing. That hood rat won’t terrorize anyone else. Employee = Hero.

Old 09-25-2019, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
Yeah, I much prefer the employees solution to the problem instead of some stupid goddamn trap door... only a ****ing idiot would suggest such a thing. That hood rat won’t terrorize anyone else. Employee = Hero.
Bingo. Thugs like this will die young, at work, be it by hero clerk, hero cop, or cellmate.

Old 09-28-2019, 05:12 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,008,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Hmm. Where have I seen this idea before?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxn9WC0GqWA

But sometimes accidents happen and its not so safe...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P9NbEWFnzZQ
That's funny stuff, but does not at all disprove my point. In that second video, when Homer's errant golf ball hits the button and activates the trap door, the exec says "that trap door's under renovation--it's not safe." Obviously the button would have been electrically locked out in such a case.

I stand by my trap door idea.

Old 09-28-2019, 06:09 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
That's funny stuff, but does not at all disprove my point. In that second video, when Homer's errant golf ball hits the button and activates the trap door, the exec says "that trap door's under renovation--it's not safe." Obviously the button would have been electrically locked out in such a case.

I stand by my trap door idea.
In another thread, you said you would talk them out of crime. So which is it?

Old 09-28-2019, 06:15 PM

2,981 posts, read 1,746,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
In another thread, you said you would talk them out of crime. So which is it?
And in yet another thread he believed a bat **** crazy liberal politician that told him that modern sporting rifles weigh between 100-200 pounds
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies