Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2019, 08:32 AM

45,113 posts, read 60,214,676 times

Advertisements

The race card was thrown very early in the article by the writer. If you read the article the only individuals mentioning race are the writer/reporter and the various advocates for the unaccompanied minors who by definition do not have legal immigration status.

Old 09-23-2019, 08:37 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,568,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
The source is the chicken processing plant, per this article. Only once did ICE raid the plant (many years ago), but the illegals returned shortly after the raid.

The owners of that chicken processing plant are the blame. Why are they continuing to employ illegals and getting away with it? The owners of that plant are placing the burden on the people of their town. The owners of the chicken processing plant are fat cat parasites, paying illegals pennies and placing the burden of paying for schooling on the townspeople. The owner gets away with it. Time and time again.

If the chicken processing plant only hired legals, the illegals wouldn't be flocking to the town.
Of course, if the plant was shut down then illegals would leave and presumably there would be a tremendous population outflow. I wonder what the economic impact of 50% of a local population vanishing virtually overnight would be?

I bet Mr. School Bus Driver in the article might rethink his position when he gets laid off due to lack of students in the district and has no other local employment options because local businesses are also laying people off due to lack of demand. With no illegal immigrant bogeymen around to blame, will he just angrily shake his fist at the sky?

Old 09-23-2019, 08:39 AM

45,113 posts, read 60,214,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Of course, if the plant was shut down then illegals would leave and presumably there would be a tremendous population outflow. I wonder what the economic impact of 50% of a local population vanishing virtually overnight would be?

I bet Mr. School Bus Driver in the article might rethink his position when he gets laid off due to lack of students in the district and has no other local employment options because local businesses are also laying people off due to lack of demand. With no illegal immigrant bogeymen around to blame, will he just angrily shake his fist at the sky?
You didn't read the article did you? His main employment isn't with the school system/bus contractor.

Old 09-23-2019, 08:45 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,568,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
You didn't read the article did you? His main employment isn't with the school system/bus contractor.
It says he has 50 years of farming experience, but I did not see a mention of some other form of current employment. Regardless, my point was aimed at the wider economy in the area not at this particular individual per se. I just used him as an example to illustrate it.

Old 09-23-2019, 08:46 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,543,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
In that case it's all good Always with the racism accusations.
WTH are you talking about? He made it sound like white residents were making the statement and I corrected him by saying it was the social activist.

Where did I post that it was okay to say?

Old 09-23-2019, 08:47 AM

62,726 posts, read 28,935,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Funny, how this town was doing just fine before these illegal aliens kids were placed in them. In fact much better. If a town can't survive without breaking immigration and labor laws then they need to die anyway. Americans can always move on to other towns that aren't overwhelmed with illegal aliens and there would be more job prospects.

Old 09-23-2019, 08:48 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,005,543 times
Gross thread with gross opinions about more gross people doing gross things against minority groups due to gross fear mongering. Yeah, that checks out.

Old 09-23-2019, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Aren't schools funded by property taxes? Are my neighbors "parasites" by virtue of the fact that they send their kids to school?
Your neighbors pay property taxes that fund the school. You're comparing apples with oranges.

We don't have unlimited funds. Our money should be going toward our own citizens - not criminals who don't want to wait their turn to come here legally.

I get that you don't care about Americans living on the street, but the rest of us do.

Old 09-23-2019, 08:49 AM

Quote:
It says he has 50 years of farming experience, but I did not see a mention of some other form of current employment. Regardless, my point was aimed at the wider economy in the area not at this particular individual per se. I just used him as an example to illustrate it.
He's probably in his 70's and retired. Do you have a problem with that?

Old 09-23-2019, 08:50 AM

62,726 posts, read 28,935,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Your neighbors pay property taxes that fund the school. You're comparing apples with oranges.

We don't have unlimited funds. Our money should be going toward our own citizens - not criminals who don't want to wait their turn to come here legally.

I get that you don't care about Americans living on the street, but the rest of us do.
Illegal aliens tend to have large families and many live two or three families to a household so no, they aren't paying their fair share of property taxes to support our schools where's there are a lot of kids involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.