Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 06:43 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times

Advertisements

Bus them to LA , San Fran and NYC.

They have plenty of free tents and sidewalk space. Won't even hardly notice the increase in crime.

Old 09-25-2019, 11:32 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Why didn't the GOP do a reform when they had control of all branches?

It seems they want to do nothing to fix anything, because then they wouldn't have anything to complain about. Same with abortion. They'd rather keep it, because it is such a valuable political tool for them. They don't want to fix it, then just want to complain about it.

A reform (which included walls, etc) was on the table as early as 2012, but they refused to even talk about it.
What to you mean by a reform? Reform is amnesty and the GOP doesn't want that. Show me a bill on the table where the GOP refused to even talk about it. Did it include amnesty? As I said they don't want that so what's to talk about? The Democrats always hold our national security as a bargaining chip for another amnesty. Our national security should remain a separate issue that we should be entitled to no strings attached.

I have no idea what you are talking about in regards to abortion. Some Republicans are for it and some are against it so what's your point? What do you mean by fixing it?

Old 09-25-2019, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Retarded? I am surprised the mods would allow that.

"When the debate is over, slander becomes the tool of the losers" - Socrates

Any bill which is written to pass, will pass, while a bill which is never put up for a vote will NEVER pass.

Americans gave GOP a chance, and they failed, and their explanation is "oh, but we didn't have super majority".

Is it too hard to write a serious bill, which is designed to pass? Apparently it is to hard, that they don't even bother trying.

That's as weak as it gets.
There have been many bills in the past that the Democrats wouldn't bring up for a vote either because they didn't like it. Let's not play the game of partisanship here.

Old 09-30-2019, 03:42 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,101,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What to you mean by a reform? Reform is amnesty and the GOP doesn't want that. Show me a bill on the table where the GOP refused to even talk about it. Did it include amnesty? As I said they don't want that so what's to talk about? The Democrats always hold our national security as a bargaining chip for another amnesty. Our national security should remain a separate issue that we should be entitled to no strings attached.
This is a little like buying a stock and watching it crash, but stubbornly refusing to sell because after all...Kodak makes great film right? The longer we wait the worse it gets.

Any reform bill is going to need to deal with the 15-20 million that are here illegally, and that’s roughly the population of Florida. Good luck deporting that. I don’t like it either, but at some point we need to start cutting our losses. The irony for the GOP is the longer we wait, the more it helps the Dems.

Old 09-30-2019, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Red Road View Post
This is a little like buying a stock and watching it crash, but stubbornly refusing to sell because after all...Kodak makes great film right? The longer we wait the worse it gets.

Any reform bill is going to need to deal with the 15-20 million that are here illegally, and that’s roughly the population of Florida. Good luck deporting that. I don’t like it either, but at some point we need to start cutting our losses. The irony for the GOP is the longer we wait, the more it helps the Dems.
There is no plan to deport millions of illegal aliens all at once. I have been over this numerous times! Just deport those that make themselves known, continue with the workplace raids, mandate e-verify and denying their kids our birthright citizenship and benefits would go a long ways in ridding our country of illegal aliens. Good physical barriers on the border where they are feasible will help deter more from entering our country illegally.

No, it would be a bigger loss to give amnesty to millions illegal aliens once again. Wait for what? How would granting millions of illegal aliens amnesty not help the Democrats?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies