Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 03:29 AM

11,120 posts, read 5,568,426 times

Advertisements

Sorry, it was a foul ball.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2019, 04:52 AM

11,959 posts, read 6,531,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Here is the speech.

This was almost certainly the best speech delivered to the UN Assembly by an American president going back to at least Ronald Reagan and it may have been the best speech by an American president before the UN Assembly ever.

This speech was excellent. In fact, it was truly epic.
Agree.
I don’t usually watch his speeches, and I was shocked how excellent it was.

Old 09-25-2019, 04:57 AM

8,021 posts, read 10,600,452 times
I'm not always on his side of things, but this was a fantastic speech. I wonder if those criticizing it even actually listened to it, or read it.

Old 09-25-2019, 05:05 AM

15,054 posts, read 10,054,778 times
We've heard this type of isolating and everyone (and country) for themselves type speeches before. It fails to recognize that throughout history no country can ignore and sit idle by hoping for global issues to resolve themselves... Every attempt to do so usually ends up badly for the US.

We've also observed in recent times that the US often foolhardy intervenes in other countries' affairs with unintended consequences.

As an international business man, i was hoping that Trump would have recognized and implemented a different type of doctrine from which this presidency and future can follow to navigate a gray area middle ground between isolationism and globalism. I guess I was too hopeful. His speech outlines the typical lazy political approach of embracing either end of the spectrum... no different from any other politician of years past. Rarely do embracing the extremes end well for us as a country. Rarely is navigating a gray compromising middle ground easily achievable. Apparently, rarely is there a president capable of not only recognizing that fact but even has the will to try.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - Santayana

As a manager I've learned that no matter how much you don't like peer managers or how much you despise their management style, you cannot achieve what you set out to do avoiding working/coordinating with them. While giving them the proverbial "middle-finger" may feel all mighty and powerful, in the end it will come back to bite you when you need to get stuff done. Again.. as a business man, Trump should know better.

Old 09-25-2019, 06:44 AM

37,775 posts, read 40,925,631 times
It was an excellent speech. Saw the whole thing. However, I did miss the rock and roll Trump of the rallies and was hoping he'd end the speech by telling the UN that he was raising the rent as their landlord.

Old 09-25-2019, 06:44 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,834,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Good lands. You sound like Trump.

It was a speech! The best speech! Trump has words! The best words! In the history of mankind - it was the best! No one has ever given such a speech!

Pitiful.
This is how the President of the United States Of America, who is a citizen, who wants her to succeed, speaks.

I know it sounds foreign to the Barry,"you didn't build that" worshippers, but put aside your bias and hatred for a moment and listen to what he is saying.

He put it in a nutshell what America is about. What her citizens are about. How we will deal with other countries. How other countries may prosper as well without having to resort to corruption.

He is making it clear that they are no longer dealing with corrupt leaders who were stealing from Americans to make their own corrupt leaders wealthy.

Surely if you are pro America you are good with that.

Old 09-26-2019, 01:25 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,152,336 times
I thought he could have cut the speech in half. I was happy at the 4 minute mark where he essentially gave the middle finger to the globalists and told them why. That was amazing. The last half could have been snipped. This was better material for the upcoming elections.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies