Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2019, 11:33 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,368,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Good. The President should not tolerate insurrection in the executive branch.

Old 10-02-2019, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Um, which foreign leader have Democrats asked to gin up an impeachment inquiry of Trump?
As if it matters where a lie -- or the truth -- comes from!

The "foreign government" angle is unfathomably stupid.

Old 10-02-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't that AG Barr ruling apply to "campaign finance laws." Last I heard, this is about far more than campaign finance.
No, this is what the "whistleblower" alleged, and the Democrats haven't pointed to any other law that it might violate.

Last edited by hbdwihdh378y9; 10-02-2019 at 11:52 AM..

Old 10-02-2019, 12:19 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,894,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Meltdown in the White House ----man, that guy is all over the place, finger pointing, name calling, lying.....thanks MAGA-redhatters, you've crapped all over our country by electing this clown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lACu5rV8ofI
Somebody clearly watched the very measured Pelosi-Schiff press conference shortly before busting his buttons. Quite a contrast in elected leadership styles, no?

Speaking of press conferences, it appears Finland's president has taken a lesson or two from Melania when it comes to fending off unwanted physical contact.

Old 10-02-2019, 12:22 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,093,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Somebody clearly watched the very measured Pelosi-Schiff press conference shortly before busting his buttons. Quite a contrast in elected leadership styles, no?

Speaking of press conferences, it appears Finland's president has taken a lesson or two from Melania when it comes to fending off unwanted physical contact.
I didn't hear/watch Adam Schiff's "reading."

The transcript is damning without interpretation.

Old 10-02-2019, 12:37 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,389,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
I didn't hear/watch Adam Schiff's "reading."

The transcript is damning without interpretation.
No, it's not!

Old 10-02-2019, 12:42 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,478,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post

Who would want that gross man to touch them? Yuck.

Old 10-02-2019, 12:44 PM

8,497 posts, read 3,339,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuele View Post
Before I give you money, you investigate Biden. I must have missed that part. Can you show me in the transcript where it is ?

President Zelenskyy: ... "I would also like to thank you for your great support in the area of defense. We are ready to continue to cooperate for the next steps specifically we are almost. ready to buy more Javelins from the United States for defense purposes. "

The President [immediate response]: "I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it.” … He then moves on to Crowdstrike. ...

President Zelenskyy: …"I will personally tell you that one of my assistants spoke with Mr. Giuliani just recently and we are hoping very much that Mr. Giuliani will be able to travel to Ukraine and we will meet once he comes to Ukraine." ...

The President: …" The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me.""

President Zelenskyy: "I wanted to tell you about the prosecutor. First of all, I understand and I'm knowledgeable about the situation. Since we have won the absolute majority in our Parliament, the next prosecutor general will be 100% my person, my candidate, who will be approved, by the parliament and will start as a new prosecutor in September. He or she will look into the situation, specifically to the company that you mentioned in this issue. The issue of the investigation of the case is actually the issue of making sure to restore the honesty so we will take care of that and will work on the investigation of the case.” ...
https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/25/polit...all/index.html

Trump misspeaks when he says: "Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution..." That's part of the false narrative he's trying to create. Biden never bragged his stopped a prosecution. But instead bragged that he stopped a prosecutor. Who never prosecuted. Joe Biden bragged about his role in the removal of Viktor Shokin, a corrupt prosecutor whose firing was sought by the US - EU - IMF - Ukrainians attempting to end corruption.
https://www.cfr.org/event/foreign-af...dent-joe-biden

Zelensky, however, clearly knows what Trump wants. His assistant had accepted a call from RudyG. In his reply, Zelensky says "He or she will look into the situation, specifically to the company that you mentioned in this issue." Trump never mentioned a company or Burisma in the transcript, only made a reference to "talk about "Biden's son."

This is Trump making a deal.

Old 10-02-2019, 12:51 PM

996 posts, read 378,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
President Zelenskyy: ... "I would also like to thank you for your great support in the area of defense. We are ready to continue to cooperate for the next steps specifically we are almost. ready to buy more Javelins from the United States for defense purposes. "

The President [immediate response]: "I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it.” … He then moves on to Crowdstrike. ...

President Zelenskyy: …"I will personally tell you that one of my assistants spoke with Mr. Giuliani just recently and we are hoping very much that Mr. Giuliani will be able to travel to Ukraine and we will meet once he comes to Ukraine." ...

The President: …" The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me.""

President Zelenskyy: "I wanted to tell you about the prosecutor. First of all, I understand and I'm knowledgeable about the situation. Since we have won the absolute majority in our Parliament, the next prosecutor general will be 100% my person, my candidate, who will be approved, by the parliament and will start as a new prosecutor in September. He or she will look into the situation, specifically to the company that you mentioned in this issue. The issue of the investigation of the case is actually the issue of making sure to restore the honesty so we will take care of that and will work on the investigation of the case.” ...
https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/25/polit...all/index.html

Trump misspeaks when he says: "Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution..." That's part of the false narrative he's trying to create. Biden never bragged his stopped a prosecution. But instead bragged that he stopped a prosecutor. Who never prosecuted. Joe Biden bragged about his role in the removal of Viktor Shokin, a corrupt prosecutor whose firing was sought by the US - EU - IMF - Ukrainians attempting to end corruption.
https://www.cfr.org/event/foreign-af...dent-joe-biden

Zelensky, however, clearly knows what Trump wants. His assistant had accepted a call from RudyG. In his reply, Zelensky says "He or she will look into the situation, specifically to the company that you mentioned in this issue." Trump never mentioned a company or Burisma in the transcript, only made a reference to "talk about "Biden's son."

This is Trump making a deal.
I still don't see the words " money" and " investigate"

Old 10-02-2019, 12:52 PM

996 posts, read 378,864 times
Schiff had the complaint first.

Who is surprised ?

.https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/02/u...tleblower.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies