Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2019, 06:36 PM

46,279 posts, read 27,093,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I am sorry your own party and the president you support is conning you by feeding you lies and misinformation.

jojo, you should not talk about "I got a phone and pen" obama.................

Old 10-08-2019, 06:41 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
jojo, you should not talk about "I got a phone and pen" obama.................
I am referring to obstruction of justice trump.

Old 10-08-2019, 06:43 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
I cannot understand how Trump isn't getting impeached over various charges of obstruction at this point. He has at least 10 from Mueller and now this crap of not cooperating with the investigation about Ukraine. I say the House subpoenas Trump and others. If they fail to show up, bench warrant them.

Old 10-08-2019, 06:54 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,557,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I cannot understand how Trump isn't getting impeached over various charges of obstruction at this point. He has at least 10 from Mueller and now this crap of not cooperating with the investigation about Ukraine. I say the House subpoenas Trump and others. If they fail to show up, bench warrant them.
It's pretty simple, there aren't any valid instances of obstruction of justice and since there isn't a legitimate impeachment inquiry, they don't have to cooperate.

Pelosi can try to subpoena whoever or whatever she wants but unless she thinks the SCOTUS will side with her...I mean it's most likely a futile effort. When you factor in the lack of legitimacy that the current unofficial official impeachment inquiry has, there's next to no chance she'd have the power to force anything.

Now a simple vote authorizing an official impeachment inquiry would change quite a bit and make it much more likely that she could win a legal challenge....but she doesn't want to allow Republicans to be involved with the process.

Old 10-08-2019, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
It's pretty simple, there aren't any valid instances of obstruction of justice and since there isn't a legitimate impeachment inquiry, they don't have to cooperate.

Pelosi can try to subpoena whoever or whatever she wants but unless she thinks the SCOTUS will side with her...I mean it's most likely a futile effort. When you factor in the lack of legitimacy that the current unofficial official impeachment inquiry has, there's next to no chance she'd have the power to force anything.

Now a simple vote authorizing an official impeachment inquiry would change quite a bit and make it much more likely that she could win a legal challenge....but she doesn't want to allow Republicans to be involved with the process.
Simply put: you were fed a line of bull feces by your heroes (above in bold).

The Constitution gives the House of Representatives the sole power to impeach an official, and it makes the Senate the sole court for impeachment trials.

The House's Role
The House brings impeachment charges against federal officials as part of its oversight and investigatory responsibilities. Individual Members of the House can introduce impeachment resolutions like ordinary bills, or the House could initiate proceedings by passing a resolution authorizing an inquiry. The Committee on the Judiciary ordinarily has jurisdiction over impeachments, but special committees investigated charges before the Judiciary Committee was created in 1813. The committee then chooses whether to pursue articles of impeachment against the accused official and report them to the full House.

U.S. Constitution, Article II, section 4

https://history.house.gov/Institutio...t/Impeachment/

Nancy knows what she is doing. Trump not.

Old 10-08-2019, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post

Maybe pelosi is smarter than you.

Old 10-08-2019, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Maybe pelosi is smarter than you.
Pelosi is also smarter than the stable genius.

Old 10-08-2019, 07:11 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,557,261 times
Quote:
Simply put: you were fed a line of bull feces by your heroes (above in bold).

The Constitution gives the House of Representatives the sole power to impeach an official, and it makes the Senate the sole court for impeachment trials.

The House's Role
The House brings impeachment charges against federal officials as part of its oversight and investigatory responsibilities. Individual Members of the House can introduce impeachment resolutions like ordinary bills, or the House could initiate proceedings by passing a resolution authorizing an inquiry. The Committee on the Judiciary ordinarily has jurisdiction over impeachments, but special committees investigated charges before the Judiciary Committee was created in 1813. The committee then chooses whether to pursue articles of impeachment against the accused official and report them to the full House.

U.S. Constitution, Article II, section 4

https://history.house.gov/Institutio...t/Impeachment/

Nancy knows what she is doing. Trump not.
Simply put, you don't know what you are talking about.

If there was something legit to go after Trump with from the Meuller probe, that's what they'd be trying to go after him using rather than some ridiculous phone call.

I do think it's funny that you keep citing irrelevant nonsense that isn't in contention in quite a few posts though. Like the conversation is about an impeachment inquiry and you'll cite something about the Senate, or here when we're talking about how there aren't valid things from the Mueller investigation to charge Trump with and you cite some nonsense about house impeachment despite the fact that it has nothing to do with the fact that the house is not even attempting to use any of those alleged instances of obstruction of justice against the president....it's just odd.

The House got the report from Meuller, and they realized that there was nothing they could use against the president so they kept looking.

Also, you've cited the same thing several times despite the fact that it's not related to what is being discussed and doesn't refute anything being said....was that in some kind of talking points that you got from your fellow partisans?

Even worse, what you keep posting says flat out that inquiries into presidential impeachment need to be authorized by passing a resolution....you know that hurts what you've been trying to say right?

The reality is that they don't need an inquiry to bring impeachment charges against a president, but it pretty much spells out that presidential impeachment inquiries need to be authorized by a house resolution.....a resolution that has not happened, so now do you understand why people say that there isn't a valid presidential impeachment inquiry going on?

You keep posting it, I would hope you've read it.

Old 10-08-2019, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Pelosi is also smarter than the stable genius.

So, she is just waiting for the right moment to bring the actual impeachment vote....

Old 10-08-2019, 07:15 PM

Quote:
On what grounds? If they have all the evidence, why start an inquiry.....I say go for the kill....right?
Actually, now that trump wrote an eight page letter stating that he would not cooperate with the House investigation, I believe we have solid proof of Trump's obstruction of justice. Slam dunk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies