Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2019, 04:37 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,815,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
He's not going to be convicted, so you can calm yourself down. Nov 2020 will be here soon enough and you can vote against the man you hate.

"hate" is not a strong enough word, LOL!

Old 09-25-2019, 04:51 AM

3,070 posts, read 1,286,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDM66 View Post
You're probably right. If Moscow Mitch and the Republicans fail to impeach Trump in the Senate, they will pay for it at the polls in November 2020. They know that. Did you see the Senate vote today on releasing the whistleblower's complaint. It was 100-0! This is some serious ka-ka. Every single Republican was on board with the Democrats. Their backs are now against the wall. They will either throw Trump under the bus and support impeachment, or kiss the House, Senate, and White House good-bye in 2020.
The 100-0 vote likely means the republicans know there’s absolutely nothing to this 2nd hand hearsay whistleblower complaint. There’s no way you’d have people like Lindsey Graham and others voting yes otherwise. The 100-0 vote was a dead giveaway this is going nowhere

Old 09-25-2019, 05:08 AM

8,011 posts, read 10,577,287 times
Gracious, every week it's a different impeachment strategy.

Do these people not have any other work to do? How about applying that much energy and passion to getting things done for the country and in their respective districts? Or maybe finding a viable candidate for their party that people may actually be persuaded to vote for?

They are enraged because nothing they have tried has worked. Enraged and deranged, they look and sound like fools.

The shrillness and utter hate is astounding. i don't agree with everything Trump does or says, but this is getting ridiculous.

Another reason I #WalkedAway

Old 09-25-2019, 05:29 AM

10,503 posts, read 6,118,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post

Do these people not have any other work to do? How about applying that much energy and passion to getting things done for the country and in their respective districts? Or maybe finding a viable candidate for their party that people may actually be persuaded to vote for?

They are enraged because nothing they have tried has worked. Enraged and deranged, they look and sound like fools.

The shrillness and utter hate is astounding. i don't agree with everything Trump does or says, but this is getting ridiculous.

I guess you're good with treason then.

Old 09-25-2019, 05:48 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,389,811 times
Quote:

Every day it's a different corruption scandal involving Trump. I think people made it clear they are sick of his corruption. His low approval ratings (some of the lowest in history for any president) and the vote against him during midterms tells us he lost Independents. Never mind most voters didn't vote for the corrupt clown in chief. The next president, whether Democrat or Republican, has a lot of cleaning up to do on aisle 5 of Clownville.

Old 09-25-2019, 06:02 AM

3,835 posts, read 3,047,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Every day it's a different corruption scandal involving Trump. I think people made it clear they are sick of his corruption. His low approval ratings (some of the lowest in history for any president) and the vote against him during midterms tells us he lost Independents. Never mind most voters didn't vote for the corrupt clown in chief. The next president, whether Democrat or Republican, has a lot of cleaning up to do on aisle 5 of Clownville.

Trump is still cleaning up the trash your boy Obama let me behind. But don't worry, Trump will have it cleaned up by time he leaves office in Jan 2025.

Old 09-25-2019, 06:04 AM

10,503 posts, read 6,118,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
Trump is still cleaning up the trash your boy Obama let me behind. But don't worry, Trump will have it cleaned up by time he leaves office in Jan 2025.
Such as?

Old 09-25-2019, 06:15 AM

16,871 posts, read 10,519,267 times
What is the impeachment for this time? The Democrats keep showing us all that they have nothing better to do or offer.

Old 09-25-2019, 06:19 AM

17,348 posts, read 9,176,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Here is the link to the list of the 173 of the 235 House Dems who voted in favor of the impeachment inquiry. The hearings are scheduled to start on Thursday.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/tru...quiry-n1011981

1. There has been NO VOTE.

2. Thanks for providing that List of those who support Impeaching the President of the United States.

WASHINGTON — Here are the 187 House Democrats — more than three quarters of the 235-member caucus — who support some type of action on impeachment. Some on this list have called for an impeachment inquiry or hearings, some believe the House Judiciary Committee is already undertaking an inquiry and are supportive of that investigation, while others have gone further and called for drafting articles of impeachment. Lawmakers are using different terms when they talk about the issue.

(One independent, Rep. Justin Amash of Michigan, also favors starting an impeachment inquiry.)

Nancy didn’t dare call for a House Vote, her Leadership Committee all voted for this Kabuki Theater.
Nadler has been running an Impeachment Inquiry for Months. Nothing has changed, except that Nancy made a big speech about a phone call when she knew a transcript of that call would be public within 24 hours and hearings were already scheduled.

That’s pretty extraordinary. She is going to toss that list under the bus because she has lost control of her Caucus. AOC and her Squad are calling the shots. Interesting Times we are living in.

Old 09-25-2019, 06:26 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,567,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
The clips missed the best (or worst) of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPsiSM4H8ZY

Why did Giuliani who is the President's personal attorney feel the need to involve himself in foreign and national security affairs? If the Bidens were such a threat why not turn the matter over to the FBI or other official channel? (For asking those questions, Laura Ingraham is castigated in the comments section.)

Turns out he needs to defend Trump as his client from George Soros and the U.S. press. As for the FBI, it's unreliable. Specifically: its "performance is flawed." So Rudy to the rescue.

That Rudy's involvement in the Ukraine-Biden question was necessitated by a need to defend Trump as a client does rather suggest that Trump's request to the Ukrainian President concerning Biden is also for his personal advantage ....

And sure enough: according to the WSJ, Trump in his call to Volodymyr Zelensky "urged" him "about eight times to work with Rudy Giuliani on a probe that could hamper Mr. Trump’s potential 2020 opponent."

So you've got Rudy admitting to the world that his efforts are for the benefit of his client (not the nation, not the rule of law) ... and Trump telling Zelensksy to cooperate with those efforts - with Rudy.

Wow. Not sure the Democrats have much choice. How can impeachment not become an issue?
RudyG is deflecting. That's all that was. And some of the comments are hilarious accusing Ingraham of being a turncoat. They don't like it one bit how she interrupts that babbling fool.

Quote:

I and most of the US thought the same when rabid republicans were investigating consentual adults getting it on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies