Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 06:11 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
[/color]

Florida. And if you don't think there are not people in every State who feel that way, I have some swamp land down here to talk to you about. Who do you think those clowns are who go to Trump rallies, liberal plants ?
And the ONLY topic of conversation with every person you encounter is EXACTLY how you stated it? Right. Not buying it.

You seem really angry. Maybe that's part of the issue. You fight with everyone you encounter and twist their words around. That's a liberal tactic. Pick fights everywhere so you can be a victim. Gotta have that victim status.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2019, 06:50 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,501,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Go ahead. I'm not the only one reading the thread. Maybe they have the intellectual capacity I lack and you guys can have a good laugh. I dish it out plenty so I can take it.
Sorry.....I now see that you're the spider and I'm the fly. I'm not giving you another opportunity to demonstrate your intolerance and get your rocks off (you are male, I'm assuming) by smacking around someone who disagrees with your liberal worldview.

Old 09-26-2019, 07:11 AM

If liberals like something EVERYONE must like it.
If liberals hate something EVERYONE must hate it.
If liberals do something EVERYONE must do it.
If liberals don't want to do something, EVERYONE must stop doing it.
If liberals have a viewpoint EVERYONE must agree to it.

See the pattern? That's not tolerance, that's totalitarianism.

Conservatives, for the most part, want to be left ALONE.
They don't care what you do as long as you don't do it in their face or make them pay for it.

Old 09-26-2019, 07:17 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
I think pretty much any criticism one can make about a liberal you could also make a similar criticism about conservative or vice versa, especially when it comes to tolerance.

I think you're right on the money here.

Old 09-26-2019, 03:52 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,096,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Conservatives, for the most part, want to be left ALONE.
They don't care what you do as long as you don't do it in their face or make them pay for it.
Liberals I know say the same... From the standpoint of my MIL and her partner, the fact that they cannot be afforded the same legal protections as a same sex couple is by definition of NOT being LEFT ALONE. Another, female friend of mine, will say that conservative laws stating what she can and cannot do with her body is by very definition of NOT being LEFT ALONE. The recent move for the POTUS to ban vaping despite smoking being a huge killer is removing the right of a individual to make a choice.. that is by definition of NOT being LEFT ALONE.

How does any one of those two issues affect how a conservative who doesn't agree live? Don't get abortion. Don't get married to a same sex person... don't smoke... zilch.

The fault here.. is that people think of rights as a zero sum game... it is not.

I'm an independent and generally will favor NOT legislating people's behavior at all. Only legislate to protect people from violating the rights of another.... That is leaving people ALONE... and you know what? Neither party really advocates that.

You are naive to think that your party is better than the other for individual rights and freedoms. Liberals certainly don't get my support for trying to legislate/regulate goods/services/operations of a private business... heck no...

Last edited by usayit; 09-26-2019 at 04:01 PM..

Old 09-26-2019, 04:02 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,096,890 times
Quote:
If liberals like something EVERYONE must like it.
If liberals hate something EVERYONE must hate it.
If liberals do something EVERYONE must do it.
If liberals don't want to do something, EVERYONE must stop doing it.
If liberals have a viewpoint EVERYONE must agree to it.

See the pattern? That's not tolerance, that's totalitarianism.
No the only pattern here is the gross generalization and strawman you have created.

Old 09-26-2019, 04:30 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
And the ONLY topic of conversation with every person you encounter is EXACTLY how you stated it? Right. Not buying it.

You seem really angry. Maybe that's part of the issue. You fight with everyone you encounter and twist their words around. That's a liberal tactic. Pick fights everywhere so you can be a victim. Gotta have that victim status.
You nailed him and the rest of the liberals who are so intolerant. I have some liberal family members and they are exactly that way. You can't even talk to them about political and social issues that you disagree with them on as they fly into a rage and then refuse to speak to you anymore.

Old 09-26-2019, 04:43 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,353,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You nailed him and the rest of the liberals who are so intolerant. I have some liberal family members and they are exactly that way. You can't even talk to them about political and social issues that you disagree with them on as they fly into a rage and then refuse to speak to you anymore.
Oh, the irony, coming from one of the most xenophobic, nativist posters on the forum, who flies into a rage whenever he hears Spanish spoken in public!

Old 09-26-2019, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Liberals I know say the same... From the standpoint of my MIL and her partner, the fact that they cannot be afforded the same legal protections as a same sex couple is by definition of NOT being LEFT ALONE. Another, female friend of mine, will say that conservative laws stating what she can and cannot do with her body is by very definition of NOT being LEFT ALONE. The recent move for the POTUS to ban vaping despite smoking being a huge killer is removing the right of a individual to make a choice.. that is by definition of NOT being LEFT ALONE.

How does any one of those two issues affect how a conservative who doesn't agree live? Don't get abortion. Don't get married to a same sex person... don't smoke... zilch.

The fault here.. is that people think of rights as a zero sum game... it is not.

I'm an independent and generally will favor NOT legislating people's behavior at all. Only legislate to protect people from violating the rights of another.... That is leaving people ALONE... and you know what? Neither party really advocates that.

You are naive to think that your party is better than the other for individual rights and freedoms. Liberals certainly don't get my support for trying to legislate/regulate goods/services/operations of a private business... heck no...
I don't belong to a political party.

Abortion is pretty simple: No one gets to kill someone else just because they feel like. That's wrong.
Marriage: Is defined as between a man and a woman. Civil union can be anyone. So why not just call it a civil union? Would've passed years ago with nary a peep. Something to think about. Why the demand to call it marriage?
Smoking: do whatever you want. Just don't do it near me.

Again, liberals want to control every thought in your head. Group think at its finest.

Old 09-26-2019, 05:06 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
You didn't read the study. Perhaps the truth is hard for you to face?

It shows that the least tolerant people are liberals. That certainly explains the perpetual attacks on free speech, attacking those with differing views, and banning speakers of different ideologies.

Liberals really are the fascists of our time.
I read the study and you are going to have to be more specific about where it says what you claim it says. From my reading, it didn't remotely say what you claim, it is about the methodology of predicting ideological prejudice, not ranking what groups are the least tolerant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies