Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2019, 10:50 AM

3,372 posts, read 1,565,973 times

Advertisements

The powers to be are sitting back laughing their arses off. All an illusion of choice. Just as planned. A divided population is much easier to control.

Old 10-02-2019, 11:37 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,666,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
All entertainment for me. Some people in here need to get laid more often and not take anything political too seriously.

One of the most true statements in this thread.

Old 10-02-2019, 11:43 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
All entertainment for me. Some people in here need to get laid more often and not take anything political too seriously.
Not if it ends up changing your life. Politics is important, it is our future, our freedom, our lives. Maybe you are wealthy and connected enough to be fine regardless of what happens politically, most of us are not. I am living it now and it can easily turn worse really fast depending on who is in charge.

Why even post here if it is no big deal.

Old 10-02-2019, 11:58 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
POC went from "slightly weighted to the right" to "very heavily weighted to the right". Since left of center posters wandered off for the most part, any disagreement with Trump supporters typically results in a big pile on. The MAGA crowd went from Trump support to Trump worship (there have even been posters that said he was sent by God). With the impeachment, perhaps a few left of center posters returned to see what the temperature is. I'm not sure I would call it the most mud flinging but maybe the MAGA crowd aren't used to it.

Old 10-02-2019, 12:15 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I hate it when people who view themselves as "independent" say the "right" is as guilty as the radical fascist left.

Sure, there are very FEW people on the right who are very extreme/hateful, but we have absolutely NOTHING on the hateful left. It's not even close.
You're not allowed to hammer on the hate of the left by starting out with "I hate".

Whichever party isn't in the White House is the rabble rouser. Does the left play identity politics? Yes of course. It's just that the styles differ.

Old 10-02-2019, 12:17 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
POC went from "slightly weighted to the right" to "very heavily weighted to the right". Since left of center posters wandered off for the most part, any disagreement with Trump supporters typically results in a big pile on. The MAGA crowd went from Trump support to Trump worship (there have even been posters that said he was sent by God). With the impeachment, perhaps a few left of center posters returned to see what the temperature is. I'm not sure I would call it the most mud flinging but maybe the MAGA crowd aren't used to it.
I do not think I have seen one mod who tilted to the Trump side. All of them have tilted the other way as far as I have been able to tell.

Old 10-02-2019, 02:05 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,726,143 times
It's been like this since 2015. OP, you've been here that long... weird that you think it's much different now.

Old 10-02-2019, 02:36 PM

50,290 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
I know, can you believe this kind of attitude? Unfortunately it is pretty prevalent.....esp (my experience shows) amongst liberals. Here our own Govt is calling for the distinct possibility of an EMP event, the likelyhood of a major quake in CA is at 90%, etc, etc.... I'm sure you remember the power outage here in SD County a few years ago? You couldn't buy gas, all of the stores were either locked down or emptied out within a couple hours, people were crying like babies and knocking on my door for flashlight and candles. Pathetic.

And you're being kind to say you will go rescue them....not me. Not to be cold-hearted, but I have enough supplies/food/gas/propane put away for my family, not everyone else's....
Oh I remember it well. I had two gensets running. I have 80 gallons of fuel in my boat and 8 5 gallon cans in the shed. When there is a big quake here all hell is gonna break loose. We got lucky that outage only lasted a day.

Old 10-02-2019, 06:28 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,141,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
There's always been constant arguing around here. But lately, pretty much every reply that crosses the isle comes with a cutdown attached to it. It's almost like a political food fight right now. And this whistleblower thing just really just kicked everything up to that last notch. I think it's hilarious though. I sure don't envy the moderators right now.

Have the P&OC veterans ever seen anything like this?
When you say "mud," have you tried to make a distinction between posts that are either just an insult or the poster's opinion, versus posts that provide facts, sources, and statistics?

Old 10-02-2019, 11:03 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,186,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
As a democrat it's very frustrating to see Trump get away with his constant crimes. Can you imagine if Joe Biden used the office of the Presidency to bribe a foreign leader? They would hang Biden. He would be disgraced 24/7. But Trump is somehow above the law? Get this trash out of office before he gets us all killed and destroys the environment. ACT NOW
Itching for war with Russia leftie?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies