Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 01:54 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,103,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
I think it's hilarious. People take these forums and politics in general WAY TOO seriously.
^^^This.

Political forums are a freak show, It’s part of the fun.

Old 09-26-2019, 02:04 PM

8,336 posts, read 2,965,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Politics have degenerated into a screaming match in the last twenty years. However, Donald Trump and his whole approach in which he deliberately divides people pushed us into new territory. I don't envy whomever wins the presidency in 2020. America is becoming ungovernable.
Obama damaged race relations. He is a Trinity Church going white hating racist. He woke up white folks.

Old 09-26-2019, 02:16 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
I've been here since 2008 and there has always been hard debate and many ideas.

What I hate is since 2016 is the people who have not accepted and want to overturn an election of a US President.

I despised Obama. But he was President and there was never the thought of anything except beat him at the next election.

Old 09-26-2019, 02:22 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
This is the meanest moderated forum I've ever seen. I'm no angel myself, but folks really do seem to be losing it lately. Whether you hate him or love him, you have to admit that Trump has been one of the most divisive presidents in history - if not THE most divisive. I'm not looking forward to the months to come what with this impeachment thing heating up plus the coming 2020 elections.

It's like Americans live in two completely different countries and have no desire whatsoever to understand where the other side is coming from. Our poor country - no good can come from this.
You spelled "mainstream media" wrong.

5,104 posts, read 4,834,850 times
The terrorists have won.

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
I wouldn't marry an idiot. Unless she had a really hot bod. Or a billion dollars.

How much history have you studied? You know we had a civil war, right?

And check this out:
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...n-trump-952209

Reading some of the posts in the 'Why are marriage rates down' thread prompted me to think about this woman that I knew in the 90s. She was a friend of a friend. She was a piece of work. Her first husband had committed suicide, and left her as a single mom. Given her personality, etc. many thought that that had a hand in driving her first husband to end it. The last time I saw her, she had just married a guy who was an only child and was set to inherit a family business that had a lot of government contracts. She never lacked for male attention, likely because she was extremely hot. I hope her new husband was prepared for what he signed up for .

15,834 posts, read 6,543,563 times
Yeah, unfortunately it all starts at the top. DT is divisive and lacks any notion of statesmanship. He's setting the pro-DT states vs. the anti-DT states, and the pro-DT cities against the anti-DT cities. It's not exactly unifying; quite the opposite. He'd be just as malignant as a Democratic candidate as he is as a Republican candidate. I'm hoping that when we get a more presidential President, things can start to cool down a bit.

Old 09-26-2019, 02:32 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,681,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Yep, their goal is to divide and conquer, and they are doing a bang up job.
Buddy, I'm familiar with your post history and you have NO business posting this in a third-person perspective as if you're above the fray. You're right on the front lines with Russian commanders barking orders at you whether you realize it or not.

Old 09-26-2019, 02:36 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,798,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Hilarious. Dependent on your govt. There will be some type of catastrophic event in the future. Fully stocked grocery store. Freakin comedy. I've already seen how that works here with a long power outage. Cidiots with no stored food. No gas. No way to defend yourself from looters. You'll be one of those begging your neighbor that's like me for some food, water or protection from looters after all the local stores have been emptied.

The cops can't help, you'll be begging for the National Guard. You know, those people like me that will have to come rescue you from yourself. In the meantime you'll go hungry and sit and wait in the dark.
I know, can you believe this kind of attitude? Unfortunately it is pretty prevalent.....esp (my experience shows) amongst liberals. Here our own Govt is calling for the distinct possibility of an EMP event, the likelyhood of a major quake in CA is at 90%, etc, etc.... I'm sure you remember the power outage here in SD County a few years ago? You couldn't buy gas, all of the stores were either locked down or emptied out within a couple hours, people were crying like babies and knocking on my door for flashlight and candles. Pathetic.

And you're being kind to say you will go rescue them....not me. Not to be cold-hearted, but I have enough supplies/food/gas/propane put away for my family, not everyone else's....

Old 09-26-2019, 02:45 PM

57,284 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I've been here since 2008 and there has always been hard debate and many ideas.

What I hate is since 2016 is the people who have not accepted and want to overturn an election of a US President.

I despised Obama. But he was President and there was never the thought of anything except beat him at the next election.
Well if you were here during the Obama years it was far more than just a hard debate, he was hated with a passion from day 1 which was totally undeserved. We are at a much higher level of division now mostly due to trump, he is not capable of going a few hours without an antagonizing tweet. I thought he would take a step back after the election but it continued to get worse, he is bad for the nation no matter whether you still support him or not and nothing will change until he goes away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies