Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 10:39 AM

46,202 posts, read 26,953,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Did Linda Tripp personally watch the BJ in action?

Did she have to? She had the dress with the evidence....You know...evidence, that back's up what you say....hearing something 3rd or 4th hand...

So, I heard you were also a child molester......I heard it...I swear....I did....I heard it from someone, who thinks they know you...so it has to be investigated....

And you are good with that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2019, 11:35 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,469,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
All I can say is that trump and company cannot as much as feed their sheep talking points that make sense let alone be capable of following our constitution.
Who changed the rules last minute?

Old 10-01-2019, 11:37 AM

8,478 posts, read 3,302,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Has Pompeo lied? I hadn't seen that he gave a solid answer one way or the other. But literally, THAT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER.

There was nothing criminal or impeachable about Trump's call with the Ukraine. There is nothing criminal about Pompeo being in on the call either.

And here's a shocker - hold your knickers: there is nothing criminal about Hunter Biden being on the board of that gas company.

My God, people on both sides need to stop being so damned partisan about EVERYTHING. People clutch their damn pearls about stuff Trump does - but didn't care one damn bit when multiple administrations have done similar things.

But it's Trump ... so it's treason. Give me a flippin' break.

But it's Hunter Biden ... like people are so damned shocked that someone in a person of extreme power got his child a lucrative job. Literally, that's how unions worked for decades - it's all about who you know. Honestly, it's how a lot of things work. It it right? Is it fair? No ... but omg people. Stop acting like you've never heard this stuff before.

JFC ... America needs to get a grip.
Interesting post. But even if not criminal nor impeachable aren't there still ethical issues that should be raised?

For example, Hunter Biden taking that Board seat raised personal conflict of issues for his father. That the NYT called attention to it back in December 2015 is understandable. Hunter may not quit the job but his father setting appropriate boundaries with added scrutiny is a reasonable consequence for Hunter's action.

What about Trump? If not impeachable, using his office for his personal benefit sure appears to cross a line. It wouldn't have been publicized if not for the WB report.

So how does consideration fit into your schemata?

Old 10-02-2019, 05:19 AM

28,355 posts, read 16,306,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
He told a story that implied that he did.
In that story he said "we" a bunch and also said "call Barrack" when questioned.

So, you're wrong. Also, as I already said, politicians lie. A lot.

The FACT is the VP doesn't have the ability to pay or withhold foreign aid on his own. Period.

Old 10-02-2019, 08:35 AM

Quote:
He told a story that implied that he did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
In that story he said "we" a bunch and also said "call Barrack" when questioned.

So, you're wrong. Also, as I already said, politicians lie. A lot.

The FACT is the VP doesn't have the ability to pay or withhold foreign aid on his own. Period.
Sadly, those words were cut out of the clips of Biden speaking that most Americans are hearing.

Old 10-02-2019, 09:31 PM

18,554 posts, read 7,317,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Interesting post. But even if not criminal nor impeachable aren't there still ethical issues that should be raised?

For example, Hunter Biden taking that Board seat raised personal conflict of issues for his father. That the NYT called attention to it back in December 2015 is understandable. Hunter may not quit the job but his father setting appropriate boundaries with added scrutiny is a reasonable consequence for Hunter's action.

What about Trump? If not impeachable, using his office for his personal benefit sure appears to cross a line. It wouldn't have been publicized if not for the WB report.
The WB report, of course, was illegal.

By the way, if getting re-elected equals "personal benefit", then every first-term President crosses the line on day one and never comes back. You can't seriously believe what you wrote.

Old 10-02-2019, 09:59 PM

Quote:
The WB report, of course, was illegal.

By the way, if getting re-elected equals "personal benefit", then every first-term President crosses the line on day one and never comes back. You can't seriously believe what you wrote.
I stand corrected. I should have typed misusing his office. For all Presidents "use the bully pulpit" or offer domestic goodie programs. The impeachment hearings will be about the misuse, specifically abuse of power etc.

Old 10-02-2019, 10:03 PM

18,554 posts, read 7,317,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Trump will never be removed UNLESS the Republicans in the Senate remove him. The Senate makes that decision, not the house; but I thought you would know that.

Of course, it's a problem for a sitting president to use the powers of his office to solicit another country digging up dirt on a political rival.

Even Republicans admit that.
No, that's not true. It's perfectly legal, and there's nothing wrong with it, but it doesn't matter because Trump didn't do that. This notion that getting information from foreign governments is wrong or different from getting information from anyone else is stupid and false, but that's all you have.

Last edited by hbdwihdh378y9; 10-02-2019 at 10:38 PM..

Old 10-02-2019, 10:18 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,469,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
(Creating a separate thread because I think it deserves it's own comments)

I just read the whole thing.

It's a very well written complaint. Not one that I would think was written by a low level person without legal counsel.

I'm also not seeing anything that may point to the whistleblower being partisan ... I'm assuming it's the actual identity of the whistleblower that lends the reporting to to him/her being partisan.

(Acting DNI Joseph Maguire testifying soon this morning ..)
Well, well, well. It turns out lil Adam Schiff was the "whistle blower" after all.

Old 10-03-2019, 08:23 AM

28,355 posts, read 16,306,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Well, well, well. It turns out lil Adam Schiff was the "whistle blower" after all.
Link?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies