Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2019, 05:25 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
So you're saying the average citizen doesn't care if their president is a criminal? I'm not sure I buy that. The reality is more that most people aren't nearly as politically involved as those on political forums like this one, and may not be tuned in to every detail. That is not the same thing as them not caring about having a decent human being as president. This is probably why we're seeing polling shift towards supporting impeachment.

What narrative? Why should Democrats ignore corruption? Republicans certainly wouldn't ignore it from them. This is not political. I'm a liberal, but if scandal was about Obama, I'd want him thrown out of office. No one should get way with harming this country for personal gain.
And there is where you failed in 2016.

You honestly believe the people in WI, MI, OH, and PA didn't/don't know that Trump is a snake?

Of course they knew/know.

But you can't beat a self-admitted snake by claiming not to be one yourself when the prerequisite for the game is snakery.

And speaking of that other snake, she chimed in again today. I see that and just gotta roll my eyes. Does she think she's helping Team Blue? Does she think she has moral high ground? Are you kidding me?

And stop it on Obama. You would spin the dials much like Team Red is doing now.

What Trump effectively did is ruin the MSM's credibility in the eyes of the folks that make or break the election. You had 3 years to fix that but it was non-stop Russia, orange man bad, etc. Still got one year left but riding this impeachment thing isn't going to do it.

I read that transcript. It's horrible and under the previous paradigm...pre-Trump...you'd have something. But the game is up. Even people who believe in this thing known as statism aren't falling for the game. Trump ruined it for both teams.

You'll just have to beat him at the ballot box. And the man is a sociopathic, narcissistic, vile creature. So why is it so hard to do? Because you don't accept that within your own team.

Like I said, the game is up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2019, 07:55 AM

10,754 posts, read 4,344,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
You're forgetting that libs have been triggered since Trump's election. Their pain is much greater at this point I bet they will be able to match R turnout.
I know libs are triggered in New York and California, but hard to assess the other states.

Old 09-28-2019, 07:55 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
As more evidence of Trump's crimes and abuse of power comes to light, the American people are now looking more favorably in impeachment.

Only a matte rod time before even (the sane) Republicans jump on board.

Never have we had a president who was so brazen in trambling on the rule of law.

Trump crossed the line.

The tide is thankfully turning.

This rogue President needs to be removed.

https://theweek.com/5things/868190/n...ent-increasing

https://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/s...ll-70042181649
Only between the ears of liberals.

Meanwhile, in the real world, life goes on and normal people understand that this democrat ploy, like all the others, ends in failure and makes the dems look more and more insane.

Old 09-28-2019, 07:59 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Only between the ears of liberals.

Meanwhile, in the real world, life goes on and normal people understand that this democrat ploy, like all the others, ends in failure and makes the dems look more and more insane.
Were the 8 years of Obama financial and other successes a "ploy"?

We "libs" are just looking for a basic "person of reason and logic" to fill the position. Also, I'd say most Americans, if they studied it, would agree that too much power is now in the executive branch. In this day and age having one person as an executive of our system seems ridiculous.

Not to say that is going to change, but at least having a humble person in there means many other leaders can take part in decision making.

Old 09-28-2019, 08:00 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Liddle Dues Coupe, you don't no what Ive gott.
That's funny- a lib calling someone out for a spelling error (liberals have an obsession with spelling errors and it is one of their defining characteristics) and makes a spelling or conceptual error herself!

It is a DEUCE coupe, which is a 1932 ford coupe, the "deuce" being the "two" in 1932.

Old 09-28-2019, 08:05 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Rs (Republicans/Russians) are fine with the President of the U.S. asking for election help from foreign nations, obstructing justice, intimidating witnesses, undermining the rule of law, ...

They claim that hearings will energize their base and turn voters away from Democrats.

Perhaps so, but what is the alternative? Letting this slide and handing our nation over to Putin?

Old 09-28-2019, 08:07 AM

13,248 posts, read 7,308,440 times
Trump will never be removed from office you guys are dreaming. Do you even understand how this work? They would need to get a super-majority in the senate of 2/3 to vote in favor of removing Trump from office. The trial is a political trial not a court of law you can state all you want the laws he broke it comes down to a vote.

Will the impeachment proceeding hurt Trump's chances of being re-elected I think so, and that is what I suspect the strategy is of the Liberal Democrats in congress.

I could be wrong Trump has pushed the limits, and the fact is how much more can he really do for the GOP they could have Mike Pence finish out who is much less controversial. GOP hoping for re-election of Trump another 4 years could get them another Conservative on the Supreme court.

Old 09-28-2019, 08:11 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,061,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
And there is where you failed in 2016.

You honestly believe the people in WI, MI, OH, and PA didn't/don't know that Trump is a snake?

Of course they knew/know.

But you can't beat a self-admitted snake by claiming not to be one yourself when the prerequisite for the game is snakery.

And speaking of that other snake, she chimed in again today. I see that and just gotta roll my eyes. Does she think she's helping Team Blue? Does she think she has moral high ground? Are you kidding me?

And stop it on Obama. You would spin the dials much like Team Red is doing now.

What Trump effectively did is ruin the MSM's credibility in the eyes of the folks that make or break the election. You had 3 years to fix that but it was non-stop Russia, orange man bad, etc. Still got one year left but riding this impeachment thing isn't going to do it.

I read that transcript. It's horrible and under the previous paradigm...pre-Trump...you'd have something. But the game is up. Even people who believe in this thing known as statism aren't falling for the game. Trump ruined it for both teams.

You'll just have to beat him at the ballot box. And the man is a sociopathic, narcissistic, vile creature. So why is it so hard to do? Because you don't accept that within your own team.

Like I said, the game is up.
So your entire theory rests on the idea that the American public wants a snake in office because they are completely morally bankrupt and will accept whatever happens now. And yet Trump has never once enjoyed majority support nationally. Your view is crazy cynical, but more than that, you’re basically arguing that justice has no place there. F that.

Old 09-28-2019, 08:13 AM

10,452 posts, read 4,038,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Rs (Republicans/Russians) are fine with the President of the U.S. asking for election help from foreign nations, obstructing justice, intimidating witnesses, undermining the rule of law, ...

They claim that hearings will energize their base and turn voters away from Democrats.

Perhaps so, but what is the alternative? Letting this slide and handing our nation over to Putin?
He didn't ask for election help. All he is doing is just showing the American people how corrupt the democrats are. Biden threatened to remove a billion in aide if the president of Ukraine didn't fire the prosecutor who was investigating the company that had employed Biden's son at 50 thousand a month. Sounds similar to how the prosecutors in Chicago dropped the charges against Jussie Smollett just because he is a fellow Black Kamala Harris democrat. Personally, she should be impeached for abusing her powers, but funny, you democrats won't talk about that. Just goes to show that if the democrats didn't have double standards, they wouldn't have any at all.

Trump isn't going to be impeached, and he will win 2020, which means the democrats will end up killing him to stop him. And when that happens, this country will go into a civil war, and that is when China and Russia will come in and take us all down. And it will be all the democrats and RINOS fault. And you know what, so be it. Maybe it's God's will. At least with Russians and Chinese, it's Okay to be a white person and a hard worker, and there is less chance of our hard earned money being taken to give to people who want to live off the government.

Old 09-28-2019, 08:14 AM

25,573 posts, read 17,281,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
That's funny- a lib calling someone out for a spelling error (liberals have an obsession with spelling errors and it is one of their defining characteristics) and makes a spelling or conceptual error herself!

It is a DEUCE coupe, which is a 1932 ford coupe, the "deuce" being the "two" in 1932.
..... AND it was one of the great songs of that genre.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies