Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2019, 02:45 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I don't believe arming the entire society is the path forward. I'll leave it there.
I don't want all of society armed eithet, but I want law abiding citizens to have the CHOICE to defend themselves if they choose.

I believe it was Samuel Colt who called the gun the great equalizer.

It's essentially the one thing that can allow a 100 pound woman prevent a 250 pound muscle man from raping her.

It's something that can prevent a criminal breaking into your home from killing your family.

It can even be used in a store to keep you safe from the armed thug who believs $120 is worth more than human life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2019, 02:46 PM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
"God made Man. Colonel Colt made them equal."

Old 09-28-2019, 03:00 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Their sticker should actually read, "Your rights, freedoms, and liberties have NO HOME HERE!"

Be more overly dramatic.

Gun fondlers are so irrational.

Old 09-28-2019, 03:08 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post

Be more overly dramatic.

Gun fondlers are so irrational.
With onlly .001% of the 400 million guns in the US being used for any nefarious purpose, only the irrational want to ban the rest.

Imagine if we applied the gun-grabber logic to things like cars, alchohol, prescription dugs, tools, knives, swimming pools, stairs, etc

I bet more penises are used for crimes than guns.

Old 09-28-2019, 05:13 PM

3,073 posts, read 3,260,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Go ask them. I don't live in Texas.. thank god.
Nothing to ask, in the State of Texas proper legal signage is required, if it is not present, then there is nothing illegal about someone carrying onto their property. In this case legality and corp policy are two independent items. Given a lack of legal signage, if corp policy is to not allow carry and someone carrying is asked to leave due to this corp policy, then the person carrying has received legal notice and is obliged to leave.

Old 09-28-2019, 09:43 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Is that a Smith & Wesson Airweight Centennial Model .38 stoked with 158 grain lead semi-wadcutter hollow-points in your pocket? Or are you just glad to see me?

Old 09-28-2019, 09:45 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,491,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
For the first time in my life and last time, I went to Sprouts to see what the new opened Sprouts was about.

Most obvious on their doors are the very large “no firearms” stickers on their doors. When you walk in you are “welcomed” by more “no firearm” stickers. This was so over the top that it actually made me realize how much more dangerous shopping is over there as it also means cops and other first responders with a gun are told that they are not welcome with their gun.

Felons and other crooks, do not care about stickers.

The amount and size of the stickers made me think if Sprouts doesn’t like cops as we do not have a open carry County/State and only cops can be seen with openly carry a gun.

No other store in the area has anything like this.

Thanks Sprouts, I rather support our sheriff’s department and have cops shop and enter with their gun to pick up lunch. I do not carry my gun around, like many like me don’t walk around with guns, but own guns.

Don’t expect cops to come in and help when something bad is happening, as the sticker is clear...no guns so the cops have to walk in without guns and talk to the person to drop their gun
Bye Bye. We will not miss you.

Old 09-28-2019, 09:49 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,779,493 times
Yes, I’m very sure that sprouts is missing you gun rubbers. The have doubled their sales in the last 5 yeas to over 1.5 billion. Don’t worry, you can still get pork rinds and bud light at am/pm.

Old 09-28-2019, 09:54 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
To each their own. I have never gone to Costco, haven't been to an Outback in years, I don't know if the Targets here have the legally binding signs, there is not a Whole Foods in this region and I only go there anyhow to check on wines, and haven't been to a Jo Ann's in years.

HEB is where we shop around for food. There is no Safeway in these regions, I have no taste for Buffalo wings, and do quite well by Wally World's day old bread.

As far as movie theaters go, well, they rather burned that bridge with me decades ago with how they treated the customer.

HEB is 2nd amendment friendly! I have not been to those other places in ages. I have bought local small business exclusively for over a decade. Last time I was in a Movie theater was with my daughter to see Wall-E, when ever that came out. Had to be 12-14 years ago. My daughter is 22 now.

Old 09-29-2019, 01:11 AM

680 posts, read 533,834 times
Look what happens in Asia or Europe. Guns are banned and few citizens own them. They have knife massacres. People will find a way to kill with whatever tool is available. Instead of targeting guns, target aggressive behavior. The ER I work in has a police officer. If you start to threaten people or assault someone you get kicked out. Zero tolerance on violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies