Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2019, 10:23 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It's an overpriced Safeway/Vons. It attracts a lot of cute, older hippy chicks that like to go bra-less so that's a nice plus.
Sprouts has 11 stores in the highly red state of Oklahoma. Not many of those type of women there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2019, 10:24 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Sprouts is only in 20 States and many stores used to be Henrys.
It's now in 22 states. Some stores used to be IGA. They are primarily opening in metro suburbs and a few large small towns. For the latter, people welcome Sprouts as an attractive alternative to Wal-Mart and Aldi.

Old 09-29-2019, 10:58 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
There is all the difference in the world between banning guns and carrying them around in your hip. There should be no restrictions on owning guns, but that doesn’t mean we should have people packing in spaces such as grocery stores. If Sprouts or any other store wants to prohibit people walking around with a gun, that’s their right as a private business. I personally do not want to be around people carrying guns into businesses.

Well as I explained back in post 147, our lawsuit culture makes it necessary to carry everywhere we can.

Real quick, if you have to shoot someone defending your life, the opposing counsel will try to show premeditation that on that particular day, you felt fear and therefore you strapped on your gun so to be able to shoot who it was when they were encountered. That's premeditation.

SO, we carry every day, everywhere we can so one day is like any other, one place is like any other, that we have no expectation to have to use our gun where we are.

Old 09-29-2019, 10:59 AM

50,281 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
It's now in 22 states. Some stores used to be IGA. They are primarily opening in metro suburbs and a few large small towns. For the latter, people welcome Sprouts as an attractive alternative to Wal-Mart and Aldi.
I find them over priced but for some reason in the summer they have a much better selection of produce than some other stores. If I have time a farmers market is a much better choice. They are absolutely the highest prices for things like alcohol and toiletries.

Old 09-29-2019, 11:07 AM

16,081 posts, read 10,744,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Yep. It’s intimidating. You don’t know who these people are or how they might react in certain situations. How would you like to be working customer service in some retail establishment. Irate customer returning something he just bought and he has a handgun in a holster around his waist. All it takes is one nut case to lose it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
But that has never happened. And it would be just as easy for the thousands that conceal carry daily, and they have never done that either. You are just being paranoid.
My neighbor had an undiagnosed brain tumor that finally killed him but during the last year he started carrying a gun and became very unpredictable and had several dangerous episodes. One involved a road rage incident with him threatening to shoot a driver over a slight traffic event. He was not mentally ill as in some sort of psychosis in the usual sense. There are a lot of walking wounded folks carrying firearms that are too unpredictable and can be triggered by the slightest thing. I fully support businesses posting signs and refusing service to people carrying firearms if that is their policy.

The ones who are paranoid are the ones who can't leave the house without a gun.

Old 09-29-2019, 11:12 AM

50,281 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
My neighbor had an undiagnosed brain tumor that finally killed him but during the last year he started carrying a gun and became very unpredictable and had several dangerous episodes. One involved a road rage incident with him threatening to shoot a driver over a slight traffic event. He was not mentally ill as in some sort of psychosis in the usual sense. There are a lot of walking wounded folks carrying firearms that are too unpredictable and can be triggered by the slightest thing. I fully support businesses posting signs and refusing service to people carrying firearms if that is their policy.

You are still around people with firearms all the time. That doesn't bother me at all because I usually am too. A stupid sign doesn't stop people from CCW. I ride to work in the dark and the amount of large dogs people have off leash is amazing.

Old 09-29-2019, 11:13 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post

It's a paranoid world.........that even if we are defending our lives, we still face to be legally crucified for it.Nuts, isn't it?

Old 09-29-2019, 12:24 PM

3,078 posts, read 3,263,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
But that has never happened. And it would be just as easy for the thousands that conceal carry daily, and they have never done that either. You are just being paranoid.
That same concern was used as the central argument for trying to prevent students from carrying on Texas college campus'. The concerned profs said that the thought that some students would be armed would create a "chilling effect" and subdue discussion as well as creating a fearful environment. A few years later and none of their concerns have come to pass and there haven't been OK corral type shootouts in dorms and student unions.

Old 09-29-2019, 01:40 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
That same concern was used as the central argument for trying to prevent students from carrying on Texas college campus'. The concerned profs said that the thought that some students would be armed would create a "chilling effect" and subdue discussion as well as creating a fearful environment. A few years later and none of their concerns have come to pass and there haven't been OK corral type shootouts in dorms and student unions.
I am sure that people who go to bars carry, but you never hear of shootings there either.

Old 09-30-2019, 05:16 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
There is all the difference in the world between banning guns and carrying them around in your hip. There should be no restrictions on owning guns, but that doesn’t mean we should have people packing in spaces such as grocery stores. If Sprouts or any other store wants to prohibit people walking around with a gun, that’s their right as a private business. I personally do not want to be around people carrying guns into businesses.
" but that doesn’t mean we should have people packing in spaces such as grocery stores."

So your claim is guns are not needed "in spaces such as grocery stores."? Are you claiming armed robberies NEVER occur in "spaces such as grocery stores."?

"I personally do not want to be around people carrying guns into businesses." Fine, DON'T GO IN. It IS that simple.

You COULD be the next VICTIM.
"Woman shot, killed during armed robbery at Hattiesburg ...

https://www.wdam.com › 2019/07/21 › hattiesburg-police-investigating-arm...

Jul 21, 2019 - A 59-year-old woman was shot and killed during an armed robbery at a Hattiesburg grocery store Saturday evening. Police responded to the incident on Eastside Avenue at Steelman Grocery, just before 6 p.m. ... INFORMATION NEEDED: On Saturday, July 20, 2019, Hattiesburg Police responded ..."
Police: Customer who shot, killed Virginia Beach robbery ...

https://wtkr.com › 2019/08/01 › police-customer-who-shot-killed-virginia-...

Aug 1, 2019 - The customer, who was in the store at the time of the robbery, shot two of the men suspected of robbing multiple convenience stores in the ...

1987: A supermarket holdup becomes the worst mass killing ...

https://www.stltoday.com › news › archives › a-supermarket-holdup-become...

Sep 4, 2019 - 4, 1987, two gunmen entered the National Supermarket store on Natural Bridge in north St. Louis. ... Police were searching for two men in the shootings, which authorities say ... The store is in a high crime area, police said"

You don't even have to go in. What are you going to do sat in your home 24/7?

"Robbery, shooting outside Jackson Avenue grocery store ...

https://wreg.com › jackson-avenue-incident-sends-one-person-to-the-hospital

Aug 5, 2019 - One person was taken to the hospital following an overnight robbery and shooting on Jackson Avenue. Witnesses say a man in a food truck was parked outside a Mexican grocery store in the 4100 block of Jackson Avenue when he was robbed by a man who approached on foot and grazed by a ...

"The RIGHT of the PEOPLE to KEEP and BEAR ARMS shall NOT be INFRINGED".

Don't like it, get the 2nd amendment changed. Until THEN, we live by it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies