Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 05:02 PM

1,086 posts, read 442,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
No, the mainstream media has been Democrat, globalist and pro- open borders for decades. They are absolutely locked in their thinking.

They will not tolerate Trump or any Republican for that matter. This is not going to change anytime soon. The fighting and vitriol will continue.
I agree, this impeachment will divide the country further, I don't think anyone will change. CNN ratings continue to plummet, Dems losing in state legislatures and on national level. 2020 will be ugly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2019, 05:06 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,929,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacommonwealth View Post
2020 will be ugly.
Yes, but oh, so much FUN !!

Old 09-27-2019, 05:11 PM

50,371 posts, read 63,964,084 times
Perhaps once Trump gets re-elected they will regroup more sensibly towards a platform that anyone wants.

Old 09-27-2019, 05:13 PM

2,114 posts, read 2,345,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
No, the mainstream media has been Democrat, globalist and pro- open borders for decades. They are absolutely locked in their thinking.

They will not tolerate Trump or any Republican for that matter. This is not going to change anytime soon. The fighting and vitriol will continue.
Being against the boondoggle of a border wall isn't "pro-open borders". Globalism is a fact of modern business. Trump-style isolationism isn't going to change this.

Vitriol? Like what Fox News spread the entire time that Barack Obama was in office? Who would have thought.

Old 09-27-2019, 05:17 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
They are cultural Marxists to their very core. As such, their "Political correctness" and "Identity politics" agenda is the central pillar of their political Identity now. As bad as this obviously is for our country, it is arguably even worse for them.

If they were going to change, this is what they would need to change. But change to what?

Honestly, I think they would change if they could imagine something better. But by definition according to their "Political correctness" dogma, there is not and cannot be anything better. So, it appears that for the time being, they are probably stuck.

Old 09-27-2019, 05:22 PM

2,479 posts, read 2,213,290 times
Default I hate to say this,

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
It's all they have. I've posted this in other threads. The Democrats have had 4 years....let me repeat that....4 years to come up with a game plan to beat Trump and all they can do is roll out Warren/Bernie/Binden/Harris?

Are you freaking kidding me? Obviously, all their eggs are in one basket: The complaining basket. Their party leadership is broken.

...but my intuition is usually right, both the radical left and the donor class elites, will recognize that to gain back control in America, it will be necessary to get in bed with America's enemies, just like O'Bama did.

Old 09-27-2019, 05:24 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
If Trump wins and GOP keeps the Senate and retakes the House, be prepared for shock and awe like the world has never seen. All who have taken part in the vicious attacks over the past two years will be annihilated.

Old 09-27-2019, 05:30 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,769,934 times
President Warren is going to stomp trump.

Old 09-27-2019, 05:32 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
It won't change either the Dems or the MSM.

Trump is a political aberration. If they (because the MSM is an arm of the DNC for the most part) can't beat him at the ballot box they'll continue to put on this show that government is fair, efficient, and honorable. It's Trump that is the lone bad guy. It's insane that they think this but they truly do.

Once 2024 rolls around, assuming Trump wins in 2020 and the Dems don't literally blow up the world in protest, you'll probably see the return to traditional career politician candidates.

Old 09-27-2019, 05:47 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacommonwealth View Post
I say this as a trump Democrat. The DC, NY media, Hollywood etc. are completely out of touch with most of America. The media and democratic leadership bet it all on a Russian investigation that failed, now it's getting obvious Joe Biden is not a good candidate and Dems are desperate.

Any chance the Dems become more centrist or it splits apart. How will they justify their mediocrity and losing, 8 straight years of Trump Is going to change courts and profoundly change America .

Haha, yeah, as if the Right is doing sooooooooo much better !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies