Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 08:39 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Which is exactly why I have washed my hands of both parties and constantly find the inter-party bickering so amusing. You have one massive group of people completely insane, blinded by their own biases shrieking "You're all blind and crazy!!" to another massive group of people who is shrieking the same thing back at them. Both groups are blind. Both groups are crazy. Nobody in either group is remotely capable of actually seeing this fact.

Christine Blassey Ford is one of the most ridiculously obvious false rape stories I've ever heard of. The timing should cast serious doubts on her story, but Democrats are completely incapable of seeing that. They need Brett Kavanaugh -- a man who had never before been accused of sexual impropriety in his entire life -- to be the worst possible kind of sexually predatory rapist. On the flip side, look at all the women who accused Bill Clinton of raping them. If numbers validates an accusation of rape, then clearly all of them must be telling the truth, right? And since some of them said that Hillary told them to shut up about it, that too must be true, right? Hillary practically stood by screaming, "Shut up and take it!" right?

No actually I don't believe Bill raped anyone. He got a lot laid by plenty of women who were not his wife and at some point Hillary must have just agreed and stopped caring about it. But I doubt he actuallly raped anyone. Such an accusation requires a lot more than just somebody saying it happened. And nobody should be publicly crucified just for being accused of doing something bad without evidence. That's not how it's supposed to work. You're supposed to prove in court that X thing happened. You're supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. Neither Bill nor Brett will ever be convicted in court of rape no matter how hard their political enemies wish it to be true. Their political enemies will blindly believe the worst of them till the day they die. Unfortunately, politics blinds us to common sense.
Sure, there were holes for a lack of better word, as there would be with any story from 40 years ago. Now, the timing is not surprising for most mental health professionals, it makes sense that seeing him on the spotlight would make her want to come forward.
Now clearly there are political motives and I dont think you could prove anything without the benefit of doubt, but I tend to think there was enough there for not making him a SCOTUS, to me the bar for that should be at the highest, but I can see the argument we expunge juvenile records for a reason.

Old 10-01-2019, 08:40 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You forgot #3.

They were not able to show guilt in Fords case, but it does not mean she made it up, and yet people here claim she lied as if that was a fact of life. We simply do not know that.

Did she? Why did she seek therapy for it years before Kavanaughs nomination?
Once again, look at the timing. When did that come out in couples therapy? It was 2012. Mitt Romney looks like he might just win the election and become the next president. Brett Kavanaugh was on the publicly available short list of potential Supreme Court nominees. She was building her backstory in case Romney won and Brett got nominated. You've got to pay attention to the timing people!

Christine Ford might have been assaulted at some point in her life. It seems likely that she saw this as a opportunity to "make lemons out of lemonade." The great and noble cause of abortion was under dire threat by this terrible terrible man. As luck would have it, she just happened to move in the same circles as Brett in High School. She may have even met him. Maybe even had a conversation with him at some point. So scripting an elaborate sexual assault story, probably based on something that really did happen to her at some point, was just too good a thing to pass up. Here was her chance to strike a blow for the noble cause of abortion rights!

Fair enough that I can't prove all of that about Ford. But this is the problem with high profile accusations. People falsely accuse men of rape all the time for no clear reason. So when you have accusations against somebody famous and powerful, logic should dictate that one should keep their grain of salt -- the whole shaker in fact -- ready at hand. I don't care whose team they're on. Democrats get falsely accused too and it's just as wrong when it happens to them.

The fact that Kavanaugh can't prove he didn't do it is immaterial. I can't prove to you that I am not a space alien here to invade your pitiful planet and feast on human brains. Proving a negative is damn near impossible, even if the accusation is utterly ridiculous. That's why "innocent until proven guilty" is how we do things.

Old 10-01-2019, 08:43 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Ford allegation was clearly a smear campaign that backfired on the Democrats. I really found it sad and pathetic they would go that low.

As for Dr Ford. As that saying goes: it’s not what you know, it’s what you can prove. And she couldn’t prove jack.

Old 10-01-2019, 09:48 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Once again, look at the timing. When did that come out in couples therapy? It was 2012. Mitt Romney looks like he might just win the election and become the next president. Brett Kavanaugh was on the publicly available short list of potential Supreme Court nominees. She was building her backstory in case Romney won and Brett got nominated. You've got to pay attention to the timing people!
Well, that's reaching if I ever saw it. The only people who had heard of Kavanaugh in 2012 was his wife, his old drinking buddies, and his victims.

Old 10-01-2019, 10:03 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Yes, rape is so amusing, isn't it?

And women who are brave enough to come forward to speak up about having been raped, oh, that's just a barrel of laughs, and a great target for mockery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Blasey Ford wasn't raped.
Quote:
I suspect that number of people disagreeing with you is in the millions.
blasey ford isn’t one of them. in your crazed rush to crucify kavanaugh, apparently the fact that she never claimed to have been raped completely escaped your notice.

Old 10-01-2019, 06:56 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Well, that's reaching if I ever saw it. The only people who had heard of Kavanaugh in 2012 was his wife, his old drinking buddies, and his victims.
Considering the source and their OP, not that far.

Old 10-01-2019, 07:00 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
Quote:
Yes, rape is so amusing, isn't it?

And women who are brave enough to come forward to speak up about having been raped, oh, that's just a barrel of laughs, and a great target for mockery.
Except in this case they are all liars. Try watching some news!

Old 10-01-2019, 07:00 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
I suspect that number of people disagreeing with you is in the millions.

You're male, right?

Oh, so men can't be raped?

Why are you siding with the rapists?

Old 10-01-2019, 07:13 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Ford allegation was clearly a smear campaign that backfired on the Democrats. I really found it sad and pathetic they would go that low.

As for Dr Ford. As that saying goes: it’s not what you know, it’s what you can prove. And she couldn’t prove jack.
She was testifying as to her experience - not trying to prove something in a court of law.

As to Trump and Brett....no one would EVER suggest that Trump would hold P grabbing against Brett, Epstein or anyone else. But the Senate could have given consideration that maybe he should stay in the fairly high court that he was already in.

Old 10-01-2019, 07:28 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Quote:
what victims? The one that couldn't remember if it was him? The one that didn't know when or where the alleged incident took place?

liberals desire to throw presumption of innocence out the window is frightening
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies