Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 10:08 AM

4,286 posts, read 4,756,882 times

Advertisements

Agree. I have lost all respect for that man. He did such a good job in the aftermath of 9/11. It's like he wanted to be considered one of the "in crowd" and lost his moral compass. Sad.

Old 10-01-2019, 10:15 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,028,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
He has and will continue to peddle his influence all over the world.

Violent crime substantially declined all over the US while he was mayor. It did so all over the US ,despite city strategies or lack of any particular strategy. There is no consensus as to why this happened.

The homicide rate in NYC is currently the lowest since the 1950’s. The city has never been cleaner.
The subway system infrastructure has issues. The Mayor of NYC is not responsible for the subways.

He conducted himself with dignity after 9/11, as would have any mayor in a similar situation.
Look, I hate Trump and think Giuliani is off the deep end, but the city is NOT cleaner then it was 10 years ago under Rudy and then Bloomberg. Liberals are willing to throw out the baby with the bathwater by electing a clown like DeBlasio. The homeless situation (Ie street living mentally ill/addicts) has gotten much worse under DeBlasio. Period. I know some people miss "gritty" ie dangerous dirty and crime filled NYC, but I don't.

But anyway, watching a FOX News host trying to control Giuliani a few weekends back when he realized how nuts he was was a priceless.

"Would you let me finish". Rudy, you haven't stopped blabbering for 10 minutes and you sound like a loon.

Old 10-01-2019, 10:17 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
The former fighting prosecutor, the third highest ranking attorney general in the Reagan Administration, the New York City who turned the city around and became iconic after September 11th has become a sad pitiful joke.

His rambling, incoherent, sycophantic, prevaricating defense of Trump has debased himself to no end. Why a man who had such a stellar reputation would completely squander it for Trump, a man who was never fit to shine Giuliani's shoes, is beyond me.

Giuliani's reputation is torn and tattered.

One day he may wake up and wonder why he threw it all away.
Fact is, he wasn't all that great to begin with. Many thought he ruined NYC by turning it into a fascist state and sterilized it. Many thought he was a lousy mayor and person--he cheated on his wife and then told her he was divorcing her at a press conference, as for 9/11? Myth. Myth and hype. Did you see him out there with Jon Stewart fighting for those guys? Nah.

Just like Trump is an ass, so has Rudy been. Makes perfect sense that they'd get senile together.

"....Rudy Giuliani: Urban Legend is a video produced by the International Association of Firefighters (IAFF). On July 11, 2007, the IAFF released the 13-minute video in DVD format to fire departments across the U.S. The DVD outlines its complaints against Rudy Giuliani. It is critical of the 2008 Republican Party presidential candidate and former New York City mayor. As the video has been issued on a website, and not just DVD, it is classifiable as a viral video..."

...The video rebroadcasts images of the collapsing Twin Towers. In the video, New York City Uniformed Firefighters Association president Stephen Cassidy said, "The things that we needed to do our jobs even better, we didn't have, because of his administration."

Old 10-01-2019, 10:17 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
The former fighting prosecutor, the third highest ranking attorney general in the Reagan Administration, the New York City who turned the city around and became iconic after September 11th has become a sad pitiful joke.

His rambling, incoherent, sycophantic, prevaricating defense of Trump has debased himself to no end. Why a man who had such a stellar reputation would completely squander it for Trump, a man who was never fit to shine Giuliani's shoes, is beyond me.
To me it just means he was fraudulent all along, the attacks of September 11, 2001, turned him into someone who he just never was.

Old 10-01-2019, 10:40 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
I was surprised to hear on the news this morning that Giuliani is representing Trump pro bono....what on earth would make him do that job for no money? Trump can afford to pay him can't he?
It's more likely Trump said he would pay Giuliani $X/year, Trump stiffed him, Giuliani forgot the entire discussion, then Trump lied about the conversation ever taking place.

Old 10-01-2019, 10:48 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,926,293 times
I had a lot of respect for Rudy after 911. I thought he had a very good shot at the Presidency. Then he fell below my radar for a few years, to suddenly pop up at the 2016 GOP convention. I thought, "what happened to Rudy/" He was waving his arms and screeching like a banshee.

He clearly lost his mind somewhere along the line. I don't say that because he's supporting Trump; in fact, I can't believe Trump keeps him on, as Guliani seems to hurt his boss more than help him.

You're right, its sad.

Old 10-01-2019, 11:18 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchtoecig View Post
These old guys with a huge milleage in politics are all more or less crazy.
This is a kind of catch 22. One needs to be wildly ambitious to accept the gruelling job of mayoring a big city. Then this wild ambition keeps them from retiring when it is precisely the only thing they should do.
Not sure that's a universal rule... Eisenhower could be put forth as a counterexample - certainly not short on ambition, but also seemed content to step down. Heck, Obama seems quite happy to be out of the limelight.

We seem to have abandoned the idea of the elder statesman in the wings.

Old 10-01-2019, 11:19 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
His reputation is off the charts but certainly not rising. He claims he was working for the state department but Pompeo claims he wasn't aware, do you see a problem. He is a private citizen on a secret mission for Trump, god forbid that Trump have a formal investigation for this mission.

Giuliani has been going downhill ever since his attempt at a presidential election. His personal life is also a disaster with his public airing of his divorce instead of settling, He is worth a few hundred million yet he is dragging his personal life into the public eye.

All his contracts and connections to the oligarchs in Ukraine will come to light with this subpoena.
Yep, Creepy, Sleepy, Corrupted Joe Biden's connections to the Russian and Ukariane oligarch's will come to light.

The Demonic's will lose on this latest hoax just like they lost on the last hoax....their lie upon lie upon lie upon lie.....will eventually entangle them.

Old 10-01-2019, 11:49 AM

934 posts, read 402,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Not sure that's a universal rule... Eisenhower could be put forth as a counterexample - certainly not short on ambition, but also seemed content to step down. Heck, Obama seems quite happy to be out of the limelight.

We seem to have abandoned the idea of the elder statesman in the wings.
Those who step down on time are certainly not crazy. My criticism is pointed towards those who are desperately clinging to all the power they can muster, just to remain on top of things while the whole world can see they are losing their faculties due to inevitable wear and tear.

Old 11-15-2019, 01:01 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,407,602 times
Giuliani says he has "insurance" if Trump tries to throw him under the bus.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...cess/23861634/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies