Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2019, 01:53 PM

20,097 posts, read 8,998,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Did you actually read the article? The stock markets isnt tanking as you also stated (its down 195 point which is a normal trading day). Ex-US the world is in a recession and parts of it are experiencing negative interest rates which is the culprit for lower demand. The US economy is experiencing the best economy in modern history, thanks to Trump. If we had a Hillary in power we would be in decline right now.
the people complaining the most about the stock market most likely have little or no money in it... lol

blaming Trump for their lot in life ....comical
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2019, 01:56 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
dRATs want America to fail at every level under Trump. Truly sad. As much as I despised Bill Clinton and Obama I never wished for a bad economy.
Conservative Logic. Notice that GWB started wars and sat upon the worst Recession of ALL time and it must be our fault for noticing.

Data is data. Metrics are metrics. Data doesn't mean everything, but within it's sphere it tells us things.

You don't make America great by rolling manufacturing numbers back a decade. You don't make it great by throwing millions off health insurance. You don't make it great by destroying business after business.

That should not be hard to explain. After all, both Clinton and Obama had decent people in their administrations (bipartisan) and did not destroy the economy with tweets. You should love both economically even if you disagree with them politically.

Old 10-01-2019, 01:58 PM

20,454 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
We're just pointing out the obvious there Ferd. The fact that YOU may not want to hear it, doesn't change that. The economy is NOT on a good course. It's not toast yet, but it IS moving in the wrong direction. Trump boosted the economy temporarily with ill-conceived and unnecessary tax cuts. Now as the economy slows the deficit is skyrocketing.

Ken
you are cheering evil. You are happy for failure. you are orgasmic over the collapse of the economy.

we can actually have an intelligent conversation about the health of the economy. (I don't think things are super wonderful by the way). but that isn't what this thread is about. This thread is about cheeing the collapse of the economy. that is a sickness. that is your side.

Old 10-01-2019, 02:05 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,274,087 times
The market is down 1.28% as I post this. If anyone thinks that’s the market “tanking”, you need to stay out of stocks.

Great thread chicken little.

Old 10-01-2019, 02:26 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
The market is down 1.28% as I post this. If anyone thinks that’s the market “tanking”, you need to stay out of stocks.

Market at Trumps start of tax reform.......

Market today

1.8 years.......using compound calculator...
Compound Interest Calculator

LESS THEN 3% - Less then THREE Percent a year.

"Great" economy like under Clinton/Obama would be about 12% a year.

Dow would be 31,300

Therefore it has "tanked" a vast amount below what even a good, let alone "great" or "best ever" type of economy would be.

I've been in stocks since the early 1980's and always invested for myself. My average is about 10.6 over decades.

Please....don't tell me that 3% is good. In addition, you are not addressing the actual point of the thread. That is, the Manufacturing Report and ALL of the other data.

Old 10-01-2019, 02:34 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
So much for MAGA and bringing back home all of those manufacturing jobs. Worst report since the Great Recession and the market is tanking hard. I thought winning trade wars was easy? Apparently not.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/sl..._theo_homepage
I thought your group was still giving Obama credit for our fantastic economy. When did you change your mind?

Old 10-01-2019, 02:40 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post

When the market makes no gains in 20 months, you might as well call it tanking. It is certainly worse than just stagnant.

Old 10-01-2019, 02:40 PM

3,356 posts, read 1,232,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Did you actually read the article? The stock markets isnt tanking as you also stated (its down 195 point which is a normal trading day). Ex-US the world is in a recession and parts of it are experiencing negative interest rates which is the culprit for lower demand. The US economy is experiencing the best economy in modern history, thanks to Trump. If we had a Hillary in power we would be in decline right now.
Our portfolio has taken a beating in 2019. I won’t thank Trump for the best 7 years we ever had 2011-17.

Old 10-01-2019, 02:41 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,791,886 times
Lol at “tanks”. It’s down 1 point.

Old 10-01-2019, 02:46 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
go look at the chart since trump took over. its done very well and its still near record highs. if you want flat go lack at obamas last couple years after qe was phased out.
They really have a hard time looking at the 5 year charts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies