Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 07:48 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,798,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
Does 'constitutional carry' also include 'open carry'?
Yes. Usually.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2019, 07:49 PM

Although most serious gun people would never carry openly......for obvious reasons.....

Old 10-01-2019, 07:51 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
Travis you'd probably be safer in these states.

Old 10-01-2019, 07:51 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Although most serious gun people would never carry openly......for obvious reasons.....
Well I carry open in the woods.

Old 10-01-2019, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Well I carry open in the woods.
Yeah, I do too on my properties. I meant it would be foolish to open carry in public, even if one were allowed to.....

Old 10-01-2019, 07:56 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Yeah, I do too on my properties. I meant it would be foolish to open carry in public, even if one were allowed to.....
Some do around here. Mostly farmers when they come into town. No one really pays attention. We have open/conceal without a permit.

Old 10-01-2019, 08:05 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Travis you'd probably be safer in these states.
Safer? You realize that Ted Bundy was never a convicted felon until finally caught, and could have legally carried a gun with NO permit in any of these 16 states? Other examples of this abound. Al Capone was famously never convicted until the IRS brought him down. He could have legally carried a Glock or magnum with no permit, no questions asked.

I would definitely not feel safe not knowing if the guys walking the opposite way on the sidewalk might be the next Ted Bundy, Al Capone, and Charles Manson, all carrying weapons, and all perfectly legally.

Old 10-01-2019, 08:11 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Safer? You realize that Ted Bundy was never a convicted felon until finally caught, and could have legally carried a gun with NO permit in any of these 16 states? Other examples of this abound. Al Capone was famously never convicted until the IRS brought him down. He could have legally carried a Glock or magnum with no permit, no questions asked.

I would definitely not feel safe not knowing if the guys walking the opposite way on the sidewalk might be the next Ted Bundy, Al Capone, and Charles Manson, all carrying weapons, and all perfectly legally.
Those people would have one anyway, and if they have been convicted of a felony then it's not legal. Don't you see that? Please try to understand just a little bit.

Ted Bundy was a coward.

Your fear of your fellow humans is bordering on irrational.

Old 10-01-2019, 08:21 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:

Ted Bundy was a criminal. By definition, criminals don't obey the law. So what difference would it have made? Other than the fact that now, law abiding people ARE able to carry and stop people such as Bundy...

Old 10-01-2019, 08:22 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:

The only safe place is in a bomb shelter underground unless you are in a fault zone...........never mind, some people fear everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies