Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2019, 08:49 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,012,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Elizabeth Warren had a medicine man from her tribe put a curse on Bernie
Now that's just funny...……...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2019, 08:55 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
People his age are back on the tennis court within days of receiving a stent.

I think Bernie will be challenged to overcome a perception of too old to run.

On Election Day, 2020:

Bernie will be 79.

Biden will be 77.

Trump will be 74. ( Family history Alzheimer’s)

As is, Trump is the oldest nominee to serve as POTUS.

I will not vote for any of them. I wish Bernie a speedy recovery.
Besides Biden and maybe Mayor Pete, I would vote any Democrat over Trump regardless.of age. Trump is too important to vote out of office if he don't resign.before hand...

Old 10-02-2019, 09:00 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
I disagree. Bernie supporters will still be there if he's fit. And many if he's not.

Of course the base won't waiver but the base can't move him up in the polls.

It is significant. He knows it, his followers know it -- everyone knows. This is not what the guy in third place needs to happen when he is 78 years old and already perceived as an old guy.

Old 10-02-2019, 09:01 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
IKE was almost dead when he was re-elected Reagan, of course, was suffering from dementia in his second term.

That said, Bernie is a warrior but this liberal (me) thinks he is way too old for the job. Still, he has made a mark on the issues and can retire with honor.
Bernie's dementia started before his term.

Old 10-02-2019, 09:24 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Well he should be good to go with his shiny new stents.

Note- Medical science has to figure out a non-invasive way to diagnose clogged or narrowed arteries before symptoms (or death) occur. That catheterization test sucks.
There is:

https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-topics/cardiac-ct-scan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
amazing how quickly he rec'd care. as a member of the proletariat comrade bern would not have been seen so quickly
My retired, forever blue collar, father was in the hospital and to the cath lab and on to bypass surgery within minutes after his internist did an EKG in the doctor's office.

Old 10-02-2019, 09:36 PM

18,804 posts, read 8,462,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Of course the base won't waiver but the base can't move him up in the polls.

It is significant. He knows it, his followers know it -- everyone knows. This is not what the guy in third place needs to happen when he is 78 years old and already perceived as an old guy.
Right. Has been one of the too old from the start.

Old 10-02-2019, 11:46 PM

7,526 posts, read 11,358,025 times
Supposed Bernie had to get his heart procedure done under the single-payer system he wants?

Cancer, heart patients waiting longer for surgery at MUHC

Old 10-03-2019, 12:01 AM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
After talking to a couple of friends and a relative who all have stents, I think Bernie is out of the race.

They all said the stents made them feel much better soon afterward, but the stents don't make the heart any stronger until a long and careful rehab is taken, and recovery takes a long time.

One old friend said that Bernie's heart may have some permanent damage that the stents can't heal.
His heart required ablation a couple of years after he got his stents to get it back to stronger condition, and the recuperation from that procedure took much longer that the stent's recovery.

All of that news makes Bernie's quick recovery doubtful to me.

Old 10-03-2019, 01:10 AM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
I wish Bernie a speedy recovery.
He comes across as a very sincere person, no matter what.

Old 10-03-2019, 01:31 AM

4,898 posts, read 2,052,348 times
I can't stand his politics or most every ideal he stands for, but I do wish him well and for a speedy recovery.

Btw, I'm Center-Right and I notice that many here are or lean to the conservative sides of most issues are wishing Bernie well... Where most individuals, to the Left and on the progressive side, pray that something terrible would happen to President Trump.

This basically confirms, IMHO, that the Democrat Party of the past and the one I supported is no longer the party for the working man/woman and the American way of life. They've mutated into a group of hateful bigoted anti-Americans that hope that the country will fail and fall into a depression.

Heck, I didn't vote for Obama, but wish him well and recognized him as "my" President.

Again, I truly wish Bernie well!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies