Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2019, 02:01 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,708,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Yep. I watched the video and AOC did not say anything in response. Not one of the people there said anything either.

I guess they approve of eating babies? Think it's a plausible solution, maybe.

No they do not. And you know it as well as I know it. Think again, as it was a dirty trick that backfired and the conservative anti-AOC crowd doesn't know when to quit digging.

A pro-Trump group planned the entire stunt.

It was an attempt to denigrate AOC and encourage conservatives to mock environmental concerns by suggesting the woman was an example of “climate change hysteria.”

A Twitter account belonging to the LaRouche PAC — which was founded by conspiracy theorist Lyndon H. LaRouche Jr. took credit for the stunt.

Trump Jr. tweeted that the woman “seems like a normal AOC supporter to me,” and President Trump retweeted Junior, adding, “AOC is a Wack Job!"

Maybe you are afraid of AOC, just like Trump and Junior, as you confess your "plausible solution"? Or maybe you do not understand when to quit digging when faced with the truth.
It just really is what it appears to be: A dirty stunt that failed. Conservatives are trying to use this pro-Trump set-up at AOC's town hall as a way to diminish her and denigrate climate change issues. It failed.

This particular pro Trump group may be on the fringe, but this kind of tactic is common among Republicans today, and we've seen this type of thing before with "stings," doctored videos, etc.

Because Republicans have no positive vision to offer or constructive arguments to make, they increasingly have just one path to electoral victory and political power: lie, cheat, and steal. How is that for a "plausible explanation"?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...planned-stunt/

The woman’s bizarre speech swiftly became the center of a heated Twitter fight Thursday night that pitted Ocasio-Cortez against President Trump, his son, Donald Trump Jr., and other conservatives, who suggested the woman was an example of “climate change hysteria.” In response, Ocasio-Cortez chastised critics for trying to “mock or make a spectacle” of a woman who “may have been suffering from a mental condition.”

Smearing AOC won't work this time, as she has once again exhibited honesty and decency. I'll bank on that as a "plausible solution" over the lie of maybe they do want to eat babies, any day of the year.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 10-04-2019 at 02:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2019, 02:04 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Yep. I watched the video and AOC did not say anything in response. Not one of the people there said anything either.

I guess they approve of eating babies? Think it's a plausible solution, maybe.
Or like a normal person knows, don’t engage with crazy.

Old 10-04-2019, 02:05 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
No they do not. And you know it as well as I know it. Think again, as it was a dirty trick that backfired and the conservative anti-AOC crowd doesn't know when to quit digging.

It was an attempt to denigrate AOC and encourage conservatives to mock environmental concerns by suggesting the woman was an example of “climate change hysteria.”

A Twitter account belonging to the LaRouche PAC — which was founded by conspiracy theorist Lyndon H. LaRouche Jr. took credit for the stunt.

Trump Jr. tweeted that the woman “seems like a normal AOC supporter to me,” and President Trump retweeted Junior, adding, “AOC is a Wack Job!"

Maybe you are afraid of AOC, like Trump and Junior as you confess your "plausible solution"? Or maybe it just really is what it appears to be: A dirty stunt. Conservatives are trying to use this pro-Trump set-up at AOC's town hall as a way to diminish her and climate change issues. It failed.

This particular pro Trump group may be on the fringe, but this kind of tactic is common among Republicans today, and we've seen this type of thing before with "stings," doctored videos, etc.

Because Republicans have no positive vision to offer or constructive arguments to make, they increasingly have just one path to electoral victory and political power: lie, cheat, and steal. How is that for a plausible explanation?

The person was asking about what has ALREADY been promoted by climate change supporters.

Are you denying facts?

What if the person WAS an AOC supporter? Would you be happily engaged in how you can eat babies? Or would you think, um, something is wrong? Is your allegiance to common sense or to a political party?

Afraid of WHAT? Pi-s poor argument from those that have no argument.

Old 10-04-2019, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
I never thought she was a supporter because anyone with half a functioning brain could smell AstroTurf from 5 miles away.

Whoops! Not my fault you can't spot a scam when ya see one.
Right?? I knew right after I watched it that it wasn’t legit. trump supporters? Well, we all know their level of gullible is sky high.

Old 10-04-2019, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Or like a normal person knows, don’t engage with crazy.
You mean like those who believe in climate change and are promoting cannibalism? She was just repeating what she heard from the climate change crowd.

https://www.businessinsider.com/cann...-change-2019-9

Old 10-04-2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Well, if you couldn't see the scam of Trump, there is no greater example.
True that.

8,059 posts, read 3,943,773 times
Quote:

Maybe you are afraid of AOC, like Trump and Junior as you confess your "plausible solution"? Or maybe it just really is what it appears to be: A dirty stunt. Conservatives are trying to use this pro-Trump set-up at AOC's town hall as a way to diminish her and denigrate climate change issues. It failed.

Because Republicans have no positive vision to offer or constructive arguments to make, they increasingly have just one path to electoral victory and political power: lie, cheat, and steal. How is that for a plausible explanation?

Nah, it was the perfect punk... AOC proved climate change hysteria is indistinguishable from parody!

19,427 posts, read 15,236,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I wouldn't be too sure about that. The information she gave was factually correct, including this:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/worl...-a4230561.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
But...

Is it really any different than the stunt we saw the other day at the UN from Greta?

No really. Just about as crazed, hysterical and an example of brainwashing the kids.
Trust me, my mind gets blown more with each passing day. Just when I think it can't get more ridiculous. My comment was just referring to this particular instance.

Old 10-04-2019, 02:23 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,708,622 times
Quote:
The person was asking about what has ALREADY been promoted by climate change supporters.

Are you denying facts?

What if the person WAS an AOC supporter? Would you be happily engaged in how you can eat babies? Or would you think, um, something is wrong? Is your allegiance to common sense or to a political party?

Afraid of WHAT? Pi-s poor argument from those that have no argument.
You should put down your shovel.

Old 10-04-2019, 02:37 PM

Quote:
You should put down your shovel.
Well, no. This person could have been 100% there by herself, connected to the dems or connected to the republicans. Really doesn't matter.

But what MATTERS to most posters is who she was alledgedly aligned with. That's it.

They don't *get it.* At all. They don't see the big picture. They don't see how they are ALL being made fun of in this scenario.

Jokes on the voters. Keep picking teams and screaming at each other. All that matters is WHO said WHAT.

Not what was said.

Carryon with the red vs blue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies