Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 09:30 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Complete baloney! The Dems want Warren to win the nomination - that is why she has recently become the FRONTRUNNER! We're happy about it. We love Bernie too, but we know his recent heart-attack and hospitalization has hurt his chances due to his advanced age - he and Biden have elect ability issues. Warren does not.
Wait... What?... LYING about one's RACE to glean prime Ivy League minority faculty positions somehow doesn't create an electability issue? In WHO'S world?

Need I remind you that Rachel Dolezal, the white woman who pretended to be Black, lost BOTH her college prof gig and her NAACP leadership position as a consequence when she was exposed as a fraud?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2019, 09:35 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Wait... What?... LYING about one's RACE to glean prime Ivy League minority faculty positions somehow doesn't create an electability issue? In WHO'S world?
How many times do facts need to be presented to you before you stop lying?

Old 10-10-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
How many times do facts need to be presented to you before you stop lying?
Can you somehow prove that Elizabeth Warren was, as Harvard Law School stated, their first "woman of color" faculty member?

Old 10-10-2019, 09:38 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Hmmm... Rachel Dolezal, the white woman who pretended to be Black wasn't a nothing burger. She lost her gig as a college prof and also lost her leadership position in the NAACP because of her lies. So, are you saying that Native Americans deserve less respect than Blacks on issues that regard their heritage?
First, what does Dolezal have to do with Warren? The two are not the same. Dolezal tanned, changed her hair, claimed to be full blooded African American and used it to go to a historically black college and later to head a local chapter of the NAACP.

Warren, who never tried to change her appearance or claim she was anywhere near full blooded Native American only went off what her family told her, that she might have had one NA relative; and did not get any benefit from it. She was not an affirmative action hire as you guys like to claim, and got to where she is on merit.

The two are apple's and orange's to the tenth degree

Old 10-10-2019, 09:39 AM

1,316 posts, read 748,226 times
Quote:
Hmmm... Rachel Dolezal, the white woman who pretended to be Black wasn't a nothing burger. She lost her gig as a college prof and also lost her leadership position in the NAACP because of her lies. So, are you saying that Native Americans deserve less respect than Blacks on issues that regard their heritage?

Completely different. Rachel Dolezal didn't base her claims on family stories, she made them up. The apparent truth in her case completely negates her claim. Dolezal's family dynamics are complicated and sticky. She was also aware of her subterfuge, as she had asked her brother not to out her.

If you want to talk about Warren's claim of Native American heritage, her family mythology supported it--to the degree that distant relatives had the same information. It is plausible also to have Native American heritage that is NOT on any tribal roll. My husband does. It's relatively common. So even if the DNA test didn't support the claim, it was a sincerely held belief in the family.

In my own family, we have always known we are Italian--my grandmother had an Italian name, her parents, grandparents, etc., had Italian names, identified their origin as Italy, spoke Italian. Geographically, they lived in Austria. So, is it a lie if I say I have Italian heritage? Of course not. And when I applied for a scholarship based on that heritage, it wasn't a lie. I have been told for years that part of our family came from Italy. And, my DNA does support that.

Old 10-10-2019, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm center slight left. No, it is a big deal. She gamed the system for decades. It shows someone's character. She knew that she's wasn't Native American, her shtick about "oh, it was stories handed down in the family" Give me a break. I buy that argument to a degree, but not enough to where she's using it on government forms and trying to claim minority status. There has be something more than, Oh, that's just what my family told me nonsense. She's a typical lying ass politician.
She never got any benefit from it. Never received affirmative action, she got where she is by skill and merit alone

Old 10-10-2019, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
First, what does Dolezal have to do with Warren?
They BOTH committed racial identity misappropriation.

Old 10-10-2019, 09:41 AM

1,316 posts, read 748,226 times
Quote:

No, they did not. The facts and differences are there, if you care to see them.

Old 10-10-2019, 09:42 AM

Quote:
No, they didn't. You obviously glossed over the rest of my post and cherry picked one sentence

Old 10-10-2019, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
Completely different. Rachel Dolezal didn't base her claims on family stories, she made them up.
There's no evidence whatsoever that Warren didn't "make up" her own family stories, as well. Regarding her grandparents supposed "elopement" due to bigotry? WHY was the wedding reception reported by the local newspaper if the eloped marriage was supposed to be such a "secret?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies