Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Trump's abandonment of the Kurds Betrayal or Smart?
Betrayal 123 63.73%
Smart 39 20.21%
Other 17 8.81%
Undecided 14 7.25%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2019, 06:02 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,093,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
And yet another right wing media spources slams Trump on this decision.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/with-fr...-s-11570488438
I’m glad left wingers are revealing themselves as the warmongers they at e

Old 10-07-2019, 06:05 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
This is not Rocket Science -- IF the CongressCritters want WAR with Turkey, then they can say so and officially pass an Authorization of Military Force to protect the Kurds against NATO Ally Turkey.

Who REALLY thinks the Do-Nothing-Congress will do that???
Much better to just bloviate and tear down the USA and Orange Man Bad. The Hell with Foreign Policy.
Yep, I posted that earlier. If the warhawks in Congress want War than autorize the use of Force and declare it.

Just like Impeachment, come out and take a stand. Speak up officially on how you feel and make it official.

Take a vote.

Old 10-07-2019, 06:07 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,397,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Looks like our 'GossipBlower' from the National Security Counsel strikes again. Claims to listen in on another phone call and is "anonymous". They are Leakers and anti-American, attempting to bring down the President of the United States.

Newsweek granted the National Security Council official anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly.

The National Security Council official compared Turkey to "playground bullies" on Monday.

"When the bigger guy [United States] moves aside in the playground, they [Turkey] get to beat on the smaller guy [Syrian Defense Forces] and this is not about the U.S. being the world police," the National Security Council source told Newsweek.

"We are telling the world, we will use you and then throw you away," the official added. "It's not like they don't have a television in Asia, in Africa, and South America."

The GossipBlower is telling the world - we will do anything at all to bring down the President we hate.
We would even force the USA into a War with Turkey, Iran, Iraq, Syria IF it would do the job for us.
Impeach the President.

Good Luck with that ..... I'm going out an admitted limb here and guessing that the American Citizens are not in favor of the USA bombing Turkey ..... a NATO ally (that should have been dumped the minute they sent armadas against Israel) - but of course, TeamObama supported any armada against Israel.

This is not Rocket Science -- IF the CongressCritters want WAR with Turkey, then they can say so and officially pass an Authorization of Military Force to protect the Kurds against NATO Ally Turkey.

Who REALLY thinks the Do-Nothing-Congress will do that???
Much better to just bloviate and tear down the USA and Orange Man Bad. The Hell with Foreign Policy.
Pure delusion. When will people like yourself realize that it is professionals like those on the National Security Counsel are true patriots that want to keep the citizenry informed of the misfeasance, malfeasance and incompetence of the president. It is a downright shame that you can't see that.

Your comment about forcing a war with Turkey, etc. is outlandish and beyond dumb. No one has said that or is saying that. All anyone is saying is you stick up for your allies.

However, I though I would never see the day where Americans just on a whim abandon allies to death. It is matter of honor to do right by your allies.

I realize that to the Trumper honor is passé and to be discarded like common trash. Some of us think otherwise.

Old 10-07-2019, 06:08 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,491,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
The right are the ones that are against the withdraw in Syria. So you make no sense.

Old 10-07-2019, 06:11 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
All you Trumpers have is this pathetic deflection.

I guess Trumpers will cheer Turkey after they slaughter the Kurds and release Isis killers. You will all say that this was part of Trump's brilliant strategy.
Some people need to revisit their History.

Ho Chi Minh? Ring any bells? Yeah we had a deal with him that if he and his people helped us against the Japanese, then we would help them gain independence from France. Yeah we didn't keep our word.

How about Poland and Romania? After WWI we had agreements to help defend them if they were ever attacked. Nope broke those promises.

I can go on and on, but I made my point. The USA is always going to serve its own best interests first, or at least should.

Turkey is a NATO ally and has been for decades. They are also one of the more moderate Muslim countries in the region. Me I would prefer the Kurds over the Turks on a personal basis, but it isn't my call.

I suspect the only reason the left is upset is because it is Trump, if it were Obama we would be hearing every excuse imaginable. Maybe Trump should have blamed a Youtube video?

At any rate we should pull out of Syria as in yesterday. Pull out of Afghanistan and Iraq and let them slaughter each other in peace.

Old 10-07-2019, 06:14 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Yeah--the left are warmongers because they want to protect a population that has fought and died for us.

Remember the Iraq War? You know when it really started? When G.H. Bush sent April Glaspie to meet with Saddam and gave the signal that he could go ahead and invade Kuwait. What followed were two wars brought to us and engineered by the Bush administrations.

We're still in Iraq and Afghanistan. So please give us a break about leftist warmongers. Bush, Cheney, the whole bunch of them were Republicans. President Obama, a leftist, was one of the very few people to stand up in a speech and call it a "stupid war" in 2004.

Old 10-07-2019, 06:16 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Pure delusion. When will people like yourself realize that it is professionals like those on the National Security Counsel are true patriots that want to keep the citizenry informed of the misfeasance, malfeasance and incompetence of the president. It is a downright shame that you can't see that.

Your comment about forcing a war with Turkey, etc. is outlandish and beyond dumb. No one has said that or is saying that. All anyone is saying is you stick up for your allies.

However, I though I would never see the day where Americans just on a whim abandon allies to death. It is matter of honor to do right by your allies.

I realize that to the Trumper honor is passé and to be discarded like common trash. Some of us think otherwise.
Well Turkey is our ally and for far longer than the Kurds have been our ally. Yes since 1952. So which ally do we chose? The nation or the band of freedom fighters? Me I like the Kurds and have never liked Turkey. I have had the misfortune of doing a few NATO dog and pony shows with them. The Kurds are at least a fresh face in the game.

You do suffer from revisionist history. We have abandoned allies many many times, when it suits us.

Old 10-07-2019, 06:16 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,111,029 times
Quote:
Everything is black and white. There can be no gray area.. Maybe certain situations you cant just jump out of.

Old 10-07-2019, 06:17 PM

17,297 posts, read 12,228,591 times
I know when I think "Pat Robertson" I think leftist...

Old 10-07-2019, 06:21 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,111,029 times
“We will destroy ISIS”
*proceeds to feed ISIS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies