Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2019, 11:22 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
In recent threads, I have seen this peddled by several right leaning posters, especially when it comes to schools. Why is it that you guys think that if left to "think for themselves", that you think everyone would be a conservative? You don't think that anyone would genuinely lean more liberal just on their own?
I guess for the same reason liberals think that if conservatives knew how to think they would all be liberals. Does that make sense. Also add the this, talk to a few young people still in or just out of college. Depending on where they went to school most will admit the instructors lean left and try to push their views down the throats of their students.

Old 10-11-2019, 11:23 AM

8,331 posts, read 2,959,252 times
Quote:
Lolz, that's fake news if I ever heard it. Conservatism is about rigid order, fear of change and distrust of others
So silly. You’re turning this thread into a joke.

Old 10-11-2019, 11:24 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
So silly. You’re turning this thread into a joke.
Not really, see there seems to be people who think they're conservatives but are actually libertarians, and that muddies the waters in these type of discussions

Old 10-11-2019, 12:16 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I guess for the same reason liberals think that if conservatives knew how to think they would all be liberals. Does that make sense. Also add the this, talk to a few young people still in or just out of college. Depending on where they went to school most will admit the instructors lean left and try to push their views down the throats of their students.
The view of a professor is based on the professors own views, most of mine where conservative.

Old 10-11-2019, 12:20 PM

5,301 posts, read 2,352,808 times
Quote:
Simple, you'd be cutting off aid to families which wouldn't leave the lower classes enough to feed their kids or keep them clothed or sheltered etc

Which means to not have to give them aid, aka your dreaded "redistribution", you'd have to sterilize them to not have kids in the first place, or take their children and adopt them out to families with more means
Yeah, I figured that’s what you were getting at...just very twisted to frame it as forced sterilization.

I notice that Marxist types do that a lot. They’ll first claim a right to someone else’s labor or resources, then act as if the person being forced is actually the one using force. Or the old classic “Work for a paycheck or starve? That’s not a choice, it’s a threat.” Anyone who says that one has zero perspective.

Old 10-13-2019, 03:05 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,137,473 times
makes perfect sense for the incompetent and weak...........

Incompetent and weak. Unfortunately we have a huge supply of that in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies