Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2019, 07:09 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
How shocking. And what interesting timing.
Most of us in the USA don't know the delineation between Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) in northern Iraq and the PKK/YPG in Syria. Most people don't know the difference (philosophical, political and otherwise) and the media, whether intentionally or not, often conflate them.
Tribal battles have been waged in that area since the days of Moses.
Who controls what lands has never been static there. To this day, very dynamic on the wars waged to gain territory for their people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2019, 07:11 AM

30,148 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
You'll support Trump even if he starts a new World War, let's be honest here.

Now he has betrayed the Kurds and the non-muslim minorities in Northern Syria who will be slaughtered by the islamist Erdogan. And you give 100% support of course.

Have you ever been critical of anything Trump has done?

So now the left is the pro war party?

I am not a Trumper but the real problem here is that we were involved in Syria in the first place. Same for Iraq or Afghanistan. Or any of the previous wars since WW2.

So we should not have been helping the Kurds in the first place. Its horrible they are getting slaughtered but its not our problem. Americans should not die just to help the Kurds. All our problems in that region come from getting involved in the region in the first place. That region is closer to Europe. If they want to get involved in a bigger way that is their business.

Anytime we are decreasing our military footprint in the world potentially saves American lives. To me that is a good thing. That part of the world has been fighting for eons. We are not going to solve their problems. We are just going to lose American lives for nothing.

Old 10-10-2019, 07:19 AM

30,148 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Ones could say the same for WW2. Thankfully enough americans did not.

If you knew anything about the buildup to WW2 we kept poking at Japan with sanctions and rhetoric that forced them to eventually attacked us.

Old 10-10-2019, 07:20 AM

714 posts, read 356,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
On the whim of an idiot thousands of our Kurdish allies will now die and thousands of ISIS prisoners will be released . When are you righties going to realize your messiah has lost his mind and is living in an alt reality as the supreme tinpot dictator.

First of all let me say that I voted for Trump in 2016 and will do so again in 2020. Having said that:

He disgustingly betrayed a staunch ally. Another impulsive move by Trump at the behest of the devil Erdogan.
The Kurds did the hefty lifting. They sacrificed 11000. The Americans just advised and gave some air support. This is a disaster. Both morally and strategically. It makes no sense. He ignored the advice of both Defense and State.

I bit my tongue and voted for Trump in 2016. I shall bite my tongue harder and vote for him again in 2020. Even though he is an idiot. Why? I am absolutely TERRIFIED of the Democrats. Black Lives Matter, Al Sharpton, the squad, intersectionality, open borders, socialized health care, welfare for illegal aliens, handouts, handouts, and more handouts, national rent control, the return of wide-spread strangling regulations, sky-high taxes, an extremely dangerous pro-Iranian policy. It will be an all-around DISASTER for this country.

So faced between an idiot who does get some important things right and a gang of Dem crazies each trying to out-radical the next, I'll take the idiot.

Old 10-10-2019, 07:22 AM

171 posts, read 109,393 times
What kind of moron disavows the Kurds over WWII. Japan should be very worried

Old 10-10-2019, 07:23 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
So now the left is the pro war party?

I am not a Trumper but the real problem here is that we were involved in Syria in the first place. Same for Iraq or Afghanistan. Or any of the previous wars since WW2.

So we should not have been helping the Kurds in the first place. Its horrible they are getting slaughtered but its not our problem. Americans should not die just to help the Kurds. All our problems in that region come from getting involved in the region in the first place. That region is closer to Europe. If they want to get involved in a bigger way that is their business.

Anytime we are decreasing our military footprint in the world potentially saves American lives. To me that is a good thing. That part of the world has been fighting for eons. We are not going to solve their problems. We are just going to lose American lives for nothing.

I'll just throw this out there.... If it were not for Obama, Hillary and Brennan wanting to rid Syria of Assad for regime change, we would not be in this mess in the first place.

Old 10-10-2019, 07:25 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdeadhead View Post
What kind of moron disavows the Kurds over WWII. Japan should be very worried
Well, where were the Kurds when Americans were storming the beaches at Omaha, Nebraska?

Old 10-10-2019, 07:29 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
So Pompeo is implying that after Trump talked to Erdogan, the USA were pulled to keep the American troops safe.

So.....this implies Trump and Friends knew that Turkey had every intention of going after the Kurds, freeing the ISIS prisoners.

So......is this okay?

So......why didn't the great negotiator, Trump, buy some time to get the ISIS prisoners in a more secure location.

Oh well -- Americans are safe. It's not like ISIS wants to radicalize folks to terrorize Americans........ISIS is all gone. Everyone is safe from ISIS.....(drip drip drip sarcasm).

Old 10-10-2019, 07:30 AM

57,260 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectator11040 View Post
First of all let me say that I voted for Trump in 2016 and will do so again in2020. Having said that:

He disgustingly betrayed a staunch ally. Another impulsive move by Trump at the behest of the devil Erdogan.
The Kurds did the hefty lifting. They sacrificed 11000. The Americans just advised and gave some air support. This is a disaster. Both morally and strategically. It makes no sense. He ignored the advice of both Defense and State.

I bit my tongue and voted for Trump in 2016. I shall bite my tongue harder and vote for him again in 2020. Even though he is an idiot. Why? I am absolutely TERRIFIED of the Democrats. Black Lives Matter, Al Sharpton, the squad, intersectionality, open borders, socialized health care, welfare for illegal aliens, handouts, handouts, and more handouts, national rent control, the return of wide-spread strangling regulations, sky-high taxes, an extremely dangerous pro-Iranian policy. It will be an all-around DISASTER for this country.

So faced between an idiot who does get some important things right and a gang of Dem crazies each trying to out-radical the next, I'll take the idiot.
So you are going to vote for Trump no matter who the opponent is, we heard the excuse that people voted for Trump because they didn't like Hillary that doesn't seem to be true at least for the hard core supporters.

Trumps foreign policy of alienating our allies and impulsive decisions made on his a disaster that will take years to heal. The beauty of this decision is that he has united Pelosi, Graham, McConnell and Sanders, quite an achievement.

There was no upside to tearing up the Iran deal and they will love the vacuum he created as will the Russians.

Old 10-10-2019, 07:32 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post

The Kurds were fighting for themselves, not "for the US". ISIS was just as much of enemy to them as others. The Kurds also supported Assad forces, were very large supporters actually. As explained several times already, the US is under no obligation nor agreement with the Kurds on any matter except for ISIS.

However, NATO ally Turkey has deemed them a threat, and the US should support its allies, right? Is that what you anti-Trump people been crying about for years now?
Just admit you'll unquestioningly support Dear Leader and be done with it. There is no point discussing foreign policy and securing our objectives, which was destroying ISIS, with a Trump drone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies