Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2019, 08:23 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,490,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Easy to say when it isn't you or yours being wasted for an issue that is not our affair.
There is a reason we spend more than Russia, France, China, England and name another combined on our military. Its because we keep involving ourselves in fights that aren't ours.

The world sees us as the problem not the solution. We keep playing world cop. WE aren't the world cop and the world would love if we stopped acting like it.

Here is a neat idea. Take it to the UN and let the world body decide what should be done.
The reality is we mad a commitment to the Kurds. They did the heavy lifting against ISIS. It seems you have no issue tossing them into the abyss. Again. That depresses me. There is no honor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2019, 08:31 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,874,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
The reality is we mad a commitment to the Kurds. They did the heavy lifting against ISIS. It seems you have no issue tossing them into the abyss. Again. That depresses me. There is no honor.
Why do you and others on the left keep using the word HONOR?

Where was your honor when we abandoned our people in Benghazi and then lied ?

Where was our honor when the USS Cole was attacked and we did nothing?

Where was our honor when we caused the deaths of an estimated 3 million Vietnamese?

This is a game where honor is left in the closet and you know it. Politicians have no honor and never have.

I have no issue with pulling our troops out of harms way. Let me ask you. Why is it acceptable to use our troops to secure the border between two foreign countries but wrong to use them to secure our own border? The left is solidly against it. Suddenly they are all for using them to secure someone else's border.

I personally don't believe that it is our fight or our job to be world cop keeping the peace between Turkey and the Kurds. I'll asl again though. Do we have a written treaty between ourselves and the Kurds?

We abandoned Ho Chi Minh after they helped us with Japan. History sucks when it isn't in your favor.

Old 10-10-2019, 08:38 PM

952 posts, read 323,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
The Turkish Army has invaded Syria.

LINK
Yeah, they've only been at each others throats for 1259 years , 4 hours , 8 minutes , and 21 seconds .

Old 10-10-2019, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Why do you and others on the left keep using the word HONOR?

Where was your honor when we abandoned our people in Benghazi and then lied ?

Where was our honor when the USS Cole was attacked and we did nothing?

Where was our honor when we caused the deaths of an estimated 3 million Vietnamese?

This is a game where honor is left in the closet and you know it. Politicians have no honor and never have.

I have no issue with pulling our troops out of harms way. Let me ask you. Why is it acceptable to use our troops to secure the border between two foreign countries but wrong to use them to secure our own border? The left is solidly against it. Suddenly they are all for using them to secure someone else's border.

I personally don't believe that it is our fight or our job to be world cop keeping the peace between Turkey and the Kurds. I'll asl again though. Do we have a written treaty between ourselves and the Kurds?

We abandoned Ho Chi Minh after they helped us with Japan. History sucks when it isn't in your favor.
We made a commitment. You apparently do not regard that in any esteem. You think Americas word is not worth much.

Old 10-10-2019, 08:51 PM

45,203 posts, read 26,414,151 times
Quote:
We made a commitment. You apparently do not regard that in any esteem. You think Americas word is not worth much.
There is no "we" in that agreement. You are free log off, suit up and head over and put your life on the line for an imaginary ideal.

Old 10-10-2019, 08:51 PM

Quote:
How about our word to our own? How about we don't waste the lives of our brave soldiers and Marines and sailors who volunteered to serve ? How about our word to the tax payer?

America's word? I love my country. I don't love DC, the 2 parties or this crap that we owe the world our life's blood so that they dont have too. Let the UN do its job.
The UN
There are 193 members. In my book we should pay no more than 1/193 of the bills. be responsible for 1/193 of the missions, the equipment, the food or anything else.

Why are you so hell bent on the US playing world cop? Would you be ok if it were your son or daughter that gets killed playing referee? I wouldn't be. Not for a fight that was never ours to begin with.

Old 10-10-2019, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
There is no "we" in that agreement. You are free log off, suit up and head over and put your life on the line for an imaginary ideal.
Exactly....

Its easy to commit others to an idea.

Ok here is a fair idea. All those who feel that we need to take sides and stand and fight for the Kurds, can form an all volunteer army and go on over and help. Put their money and their lives where their mouths are.

Old 10-10-2019, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Exactly....

Ok here is a fair idea. All those who feel that we need to take sides and stand and fight for the Kurds, can form an all volunteer army and go on over and help. Put their money and their lives where their mouths are.
Feel free to leave the US. I mean its easy as you say.

Old 10-10-2019, 08:55 PM

45,203 posts, read 26,414,151 times
Quote:
Exactly....

Yeah their middle class neighbors money and their poor neighbors son or daughter

Old 10-10-2019, 08:59 PM

Quote:
How about our word to our own? How about we don't waste the lives of our brave soldiers and Marines and sailors who volunteered to serve ? How about our word to the tax payer?

America's word? I love my country. I don't love DC, the 2 parties or this crap that we owe the world our life's blood so that they dont have too. Let the UN do its job.
The UN
There are 193 members. In my book we should pay no more than 1/193 of the bills. be responsible for 1/193 of the missions, the equipment, the food or anything else.

Why are you so hell bent on the US playing world cop? Would you be ok if it were your son or daughter that gets killed playing referee? I wouldn't be. Not for a fight that was never ours to begin with.
That is not the way it works. When we engage in battle and we do so with others we are connected. We are engaged. We have mad a commitment. It is sad if you can not appreciate that. As a mititary person I respect who fights along me. Regardless of country.. You need to learns this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies