Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2019, 06:51 AM

2,361 posts, read 2,529,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Good for her. She can keep her tent small then instead of trying to expand it.
78% of the country’s a yuuuuuge tent.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Publ..._United_States
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2019, 07:14 AM

15,596 posts, read 10,340,827 times
the original post left out part of the warren quote.

Warren: "Then just marry one woman. I’m cool with that....assuming you can find one." Warren then turned, took a few steps and smiled broadly as the room exploded in laughter.

like all leftists, Warren is a divider, a bully. this hypothetical man can by law believe what he wants and is free to personally practice marriage between a man and a woman only, but, it is well known for years the law has not enforced this hypothetical man's morality of marriage between a man and woman only.

Warren could have respectfully and tolerantly made only the first statement, "then just marry one woman. I'm cool with that". instead, she taunted this hypothetical man about whether any woman would ever want him by adding "assuming you can find one".

the left is intolerant and scary. even when they win by law and public opinion, they still relish kicking, bullying, insulting those who don't agree with them. the left will never tolerate a different opinion. they require by insult, intimidation, or violence that people with different beliefs must be crushed....

Last edited by texan2yankee; 10-12-2019 at 07:59 AM..

Old 10-12-2019, 08:43 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,543,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
You guessed wrong. It was a joke, but only for those of us who don’t believe that marriage is only for one man and one woman. And yeah, it’s at their expense.
If it's a joke it was the lamest one I've ever heard. And I'm in favor of gays being able to marry, so you're wrong on that count.

Old 10-12-2019, 08:54 AM

11,770 posts, read 11,986,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
That was a great response by Warren and funny. But inherent in her answer is why people care so dearly what other people are doing, marry whoever you want but please shut up.
She was really quick with a reply, especially when the man led with "let's say you're on the campaign trail" and she jumped in with "I am on the campaign trail".

I really don't understand why people need to express hate for the choices other people make that have no bearing on them.

Old 10-12-2019, 09:09 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,796,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post

Warren: "Then just marry one woman. I’m cool with that....assuming you can find one." Warren then turned, took a few steps and smiled broadly as the room exploded in laughter.

like all leftists, Warren is a divider, a bully. this hypothetical man can by law believe what he wants and is free to personally practice marriage between a man and a woman only, but, it is well known for years the law has not enforced this hypothetical man's morality of marriage between a man and woman only.

Warren could have respectfully and tolerantly made only the first statement, "then just marry one woman. I'm cool with that". instead, she taunted this hypothetical man about whether any woman would ever want him by adding "assuming you can find one".

the left is intolerant and scary. even when they win by law and public opinion, they still relish kicking, bullying, insulting those who don't agree with them. the left will never tolerate a different opinion. they require by insult, intimidation, or violence that people with different beliefs must be crushed....
This is why she is a nasty piece of work.

Old 10-12-2019, 09:12 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,796,146 times
Quote:
78% of the country’s a yuuuuuge tent.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Publ..._United_States
My point was to her nasty comment that texan2yankee posted up thread. I don't give a crap who you sleep with or marry. None of my business. The question asked "what would you say to..." and her answer proves she is a nasty witch for a laugh.

Last edited by redwood66; 10-12-2019 at 09:21 AM..

Old 10-12-2019, 10:14 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,482,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post

And yet you support the biggest divider and bully of them all. You are upset that she taunted a man but stay silent when Trump taunts anyone who opposes him. I really wish Trump supporters would quit being hypocrites. It was a fantastic response to a stupid question.

Old 10-12-2019, 04:44 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,728,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
When Elizabeth Warren was recently asked how she would respond to an Evangelical supporter who believes marriage is between one man and one woman, her reply was baffling. She stated, "I’m going to assume it’s a guy who said that, and I’m just going to say: then just marry one woman."
Why would she assume that only "guys" believe in traditional marriage? I guess I missed the news flash that women no longer support marriage between a man and woman.
Oh wow YA REALLY GOT HER THIS TIME! What a slick gotcha, oh man once this comeback starts circulating around the internet, Warren is done I tell you. DONE.

Old 10-13-2019, 06:03 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,902,269 times
Quote:
Because their religion really wants to run everyone else’s lives, just like it used to.
Like government does now?

You've traded one religion for another. /shrug/

Old 10-13-2019, 06:12 AM

57,073 posts, read 26,036,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
If it's a joke it was the lamest one I've ever heard. And I'm in favor of gays being able to marry, so you're wrong on that count.
I don't know what the point is in bringing up that question in the first place but most thought it was quite funny. Why are people so involved in other peoples lives that effect them not one bit.

Last edited by Goodnight; 10-13-2019 at 06:54 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies