Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2019, 08:33 AM

46,276 posts, read 27,088,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
They're still collecting evidence. That's what an investigation is all about. Google the word if you are having trouble understanding it. When they have built their case to where they are ready they will vote.

You don't like it. We get it. Tough luck.

2+ years of the top FBI agents in the United States could not get anything on trump, and now you are putting all your eggs in pelosi...HAhahahahaaaaaaa

That also does not say a lot about how smart you and your ilk is.....

I say bring the impeachment...or, again, maybe pelosi is smarter than you and your armchair lawyers...and know there is nothing....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2019, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
"The charge of high crimes and misdemeanors covers allegations of misconduct by officials, such as dishonesty, negligence, perjury of oath, abuse of authority, bribery, intimidation, misuse of public funds or assets, failure to supervise, dereliction of duty, unbecoming conduct, refusal to obey a lawful order, chronic intoxication, or tax evasion."

I won't even start on dishonesty. Trump is the most dishonest president we have ever had. He keeps the fact checkers in business. But considering all our politicians are liars, that's not really a high crime.

Negligence-the fact that Trump spends nearly half his term in office vacationing and rallying is plenty of proof that he is neglecting his duties big time. And what about all the time he spends tweeting and watching TV?

Abuse of authority-here's a big one. How many times has he refused to obey the orders of Congress because "I'm the president?" And enriched himself via his office with his MAGA hats and increasing fees on Mar-a-Lago memberships?

Bribery and intimidation-that's where the phone call comes in-"Find dirt on Biden or we won't give you (the Ukraine) aid."

Unbecoming conduct-Twitterer in chief can't push his off button and stop insulting people online for even a week. Never have we had a more unprofessional, embarrassing president.

Refusing to obey a lawful order-see my comment about Congress and not obeying their orders.

Tax evasion-Where are those tax returns again?

And the sad part is he doesn't even have the excuse of chronic intoxication for his behavior!

A bunch of left wing armchair lawyer talking points is nothing...and then we have the things you don't lie...those are not impeachable offenses, no matter how much you hate him.

Old 10-13-2019, 08:37 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://babylonbee.com/news/study-fi...have-committed

With all the secret hearings, cherry-picked leaks of testimony, and lack of due process and transparency, it's quite difficult to divine what it is the left wing lunatics running the House think Trump did.

Here is the real reason a lot of people do not comprehend all the issues that are being discussed regarding Trump and his involvement in these impeachable acts. Most people have their minds made up already, he is either guilty or not guilty. Secondly, most people only know what they hear on the news, they do not open their minds to hear the whole story and make up their own minds.

When you hear the term low IQ voter, that fits a lot of people who simply go into the voting booth and start pushing buttons, not really knowing what they are voting for.

Old 10-13-2019, 08:37 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,469,490 times
26 months had passed from the time of the Watergate break in to when Nixon left town. Relax kiddies. We haven`t even scratched the surface of this thing yet. Trump`s swamp will make Nixon`s swamp look like a wading pool.

Old 10-13-2019, 08:38 AM

3,698 posts, read 1,362,626 times
"Asking a foreign national for anything of value for a political campaign is a felony."

Obama asked James Comey to investigate Trump before the 2016 election. Was that for political gain of hillary clinton?
This is a bizarre precedent. American politicians and their families could go to foreign countries several years before an election, engage in large amounts of corruption, and should the current president ask that country to look into that corruption... im impeach the president for wrongdoing.
Obviously that is stupid.

As a Trump supporter my standard is pretty easy. Same as used when Trump was investigated over Russia.
Was there good reason to believe Biden or his son were engaged in corruption?
I think there was. The fact it was a foreign country is irrelevant. Who else would investigate corruption in Ukraine? If Trump had to threaten Ukraine with holding back on funds, is that Trumps bad or him knowing he had to leverage some action from officials already in cahoots with Biden?
Theres a lot of ways to look at this but declaring that Trump asking another country imvestigate corruption by a US politician must be political gain is silly.
Then theres the obvious. If Biden wasnt engaged in deep wrongdoing to begin with... how could Trump gain anything politically by having him investigated? Can anyone answer that?
Is that Trumps high crime? Seeking the same transparancy on Bidens activities that Obama sought on Trump?

Old 10-13-2019, 08:41 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,870,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
2+ years of the top FBI agents in the United States could not get anything on trump, and now you are putting all your eggs in pelosi...HAhahahahaaaaaaa
The Mueller investigation gave Congress a trail to follow, and follow it they did. And here we are. I agree, it's pretty funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I say bring the impeachment...or, again, maybe pelosi is smarter than you and your armchair lawyers...and know there is nothing....
YOU say? Aw, that's cute that you believe what you think matters.

Old 10-13-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:
The Mueller investigation gave Congress a trail to follow, and follow it they did. And here we are. I agree, it's pretty funny.

What's more funny is that you think pelosi and her group are going to find more than the FBI....Hahahaaaa

Quote:
YOU say? Aw, that's cute that you believe what you think matters.

You have your opinion, I have mine....it appears you don't like free speech unless you agree with it...now that is cute.

Old 10-13-2019, 08:48 AM

3,698 posts, read 1,362,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
"The charge of high crimes and misdemeanors covers allegations of misconduct by officials, such as dishonesty, negligence, perjury of oath, abuse of authority, bribery, intimidation, misuse of public funds or assets, failure to supervise, dereliction of duty, unbecoming conduct, refusal to obey a lawful order, chronic intoxication, or tax evasion."

I won't even start on dishonesty. Trump is the most dishonest president we have ever had. He keeps the fact checkers in business. But considering all our politicians are liars, that's not really a high crime.

Negligence-the fact that Trump spends nearly half his term in office vacationing and rallying is plenty of proof that he is neglecting his duties big time. And what about all the time he spends tweeting and watching TV?

Abuse of authority-here's a big one. How many times has he refused to obey the orders of Congress because "I'm the president?" And enriched himself via his office with his MAGA hats and increasing fees on Mar-a-Lago memberships?

Bribery and intimidation-that's where the phone call comes in-"Find dirt on Biden or we won't give you (the Ukraine) aid."

Unbecoming conduct-Twitterer in chief can't push his off button and stop insulting people online for even a week. Never have we had a more unprofessional, embarrassing president.

Refusing to obey a lawful order-see my comment about Congress and not obeying their orders.

Tax evasion-Where are those tax returns again?

And the sad part is he doesn't even have the excuse of chronic intoxication for his behavior!
Wow. Pure fabrication, manufactured statements put in quotation marks even, in a post which accused the President of dishonesty.

Let me guess you just want to restore honesty to the white house.

Old 10-13-2019, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Wow. Pure fabrication, manufactured statements put in quotation marks even, in a post which accused the President of dishonesty.

I'm sure scooby has pictures of shiff all around his place with the words...I'm only going to say this seven times....lol....cause that's the truth....

Old 10-13-2019, 09:01 AM

5,157 posts, read 3,083,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post

And if Mr. Trump resigns, five minutes later they would be calling for impeachment of President Pence. This is an outright coup attempt, as evidenced by the actions of James Comey and John Brennan. I fear that this kind of post-election sniping is the new normal. American Politics is entering an era where the Constitution is ignored by a faceless, tyrannical bureaucracy that collects taxes and spends money. Their mantra is “move along citizen, don’t make us shoot you.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies